Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 31 of 31
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,616
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Yes Reputation No
    I think what laloosh is trying to ask is if you were to max out fuel pressure and injector pulsewidth and assume you make the DME happy what is the max power you can make given A/F X:Y and X:Y is defined by the user

    For instance, 440 whp with a 12.5 A/F ratio no methanol or 400 whp 10:1 no methanol, just as an example...
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,738
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Pretty much, I simply have a feeling the the only tuner who even gave a damn about this thread, simply doesn't know for sure.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,324
    Rep Points
    1,955.5
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    Ok I was thinking of a different scenario. Say you have the proper resistor and you are targetting 11.0 across the board. The a/f doesn't reach the target because the ipw is maxed out. Adding fuel pressure then would richen the curve. I am simply remembering how tuners claim 450-460 being the limit of the stock fuel system and I remember then saying IPW was maxed out. Is it the injectors that are infact the first to cause the fuel limit? If so adding pressure would raise that limit
    Your question is a very valid one but you will not get a easy answer. I will be able to tell you if a flash tune can handle the fueling of RB turbos once I receive them I will test on maximum boost and at what fuel ratio it runs out of fuel if it does. The concern from a engineering perspective is that once you start increasing rail pressure you start changing the spray pattern of the injector. Being a DI car with a higher than normal compression engine might start affecting the anti knock benefits DI injection engines have.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,077
    Rep Points
    9,059.1
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    91


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    Pretty much, I simply have a feeling the the only tuner who even gave a damn about this thread, simply doesn't know for sure.
    I have a bunch of dyno data I could dig through but haven't made a matrix of X hp per Y air/fuel riding the maximum fuel pressure. But have a good idea of where those limits are based on the nitrous and non-nitrous numbers I posted earlier.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,077
    Rep Points
    9,059.1
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    91


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    Your question is a very valid one but you will not get a easy answer. I will be able to tell you if a flash tune can handle the fueling of RB turbos once I receive them I will test on maximum boost and at what fuel ratio it runs out of fuel if it does. The concern from a engineering perspective is that once you start increasing rail pressure you start changing the spray pattern of the injector. Being a DI car with a higher than normal compression engine might start affecting the anti knock benefits DI injection engines have.
    Do you have the tables to alter the fuel pressure with the flash tuning? Do you use that same trick to get around the tuner detection code fuel trim checks?

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,324
    Rep Points
    1,955.5
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Do you have the tables to alter the fuel pressure with the flash tuning? Do you use that same trick to get around the tuner detection code fuel trim checks?
    Terry I am not the tuner, been out of the business for ten years. If I was I would have a lot to share with everyone. From what I have understood and in my past experience working side by side with the tuner he has access to the software blue print giving the addresses and the functions and the relations so I do not think increasing the rail pressure would be a problem and if its increased via the software it would not show a fault or view it as a abnormality. Being 18 years in the game obviously has its advantages in terms of how easy it could be if you have the right info without having to try and find the maps by trial and error and see what changes occur once you alter them.
    When I decided to go past 14.5psi with my car mid last year I got the nominal torque fault once, the software was corrected whilst the car was on the dyno and since I have run up to 19psi with no engine check lights. I believe till today there has been a flash battle to get/steal maps that are over 1 - 1.1 bar that do not throw engine check lights.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •