Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    No it's not a fueling issue on pump gas. It's an effective compression ratio coupled with low octane issue. With lower CR pistons I think both numbers could go up 30-50whp. When a good fuel pump comes out allowing full E85 use then we could see huge numbers. I hope its sooner than later. Race gas is expensive. Click here to enlarge
    I'm running one right now...Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Would you stop doing this? Cause we feel like this...

2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    you guys are comparing single turbo numbers to twin turbo numbers though. I single turbo will have to run more boost, and create more heat thus be more prone to knocking on pump gas than a smaller set of twins will. It's really an apples to oranges comparison.
    The exact reverse is generally true.

Bigger turbos generally have higher efficiencies (both compressor and turbine). This is because some things on manufactured turbos don't scale up with the size of the wheels. Things like the nut and face at the front of the compressor wheel and the space between the wheel and compressor housing. Smaller turbos have a higher percentage of their wheel size taken up by the big nut and face in the middle and have a larger gap (when considered as a percentage of the wheel size) for air to escape around the compressor wheel in particular. Look at a small Garrett compressor map and a large Garrett compressor map and you'll see that the bigger turbos have higher efficiency.
    Last edited by bradsm87; 04-17-2014 at 05:30 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I really hope everything goes to plan there. It would be a serious game changer!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Would you stop doing this? Cause we feel like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK7LyxgrWS4
    Click here to enlarge

Lol @ the borat clip
    2008 e92 335i: JB4 G5 ISO/BMS back end flash, fbo, e85, inlets, Rb turbos, level 10 valve body + converter, water/methanol.....and a lot more....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234