Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 46 of 46
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    879
    Rep Points
    891.7
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That would be true and I see no reason to believe he has a different turbo than claimed.



    That's weird as my friend I was referencing on a GT-30R with upgraded fuel system ran me pump to pump and it was door to door from a roll.
    It's all in how its setup and tuned. And I can say the tuner in my race experiences is very good Click here to enlarge

    I run into some rotated cars every once in a while that have big dyno sheets but crappy boost response and hammer them with the (3) mod meth'd STi dyno above on the street. Sometimes less turbo is more on pump gas. Especially on cali 91 octane where you are extremely boost and knock limited. You can't even run the pressures that put those monsters in their sweet spot and end up making the car far less effective during street encounters then a smaller turbo setup. There's actually a stock turbo sti in Cali on E85 that hurts all sorts of feelings. Went 11.7 years ago.
    Last edited by BrenM3; 10-27-2010 at 11:41 AM.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    I have trouble with them in my 408whp bolt on DCT which has been 12.3@117 on oem tires
    Do you have your slip btw?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    879
    Rep Points
    891.7
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Do you have your slip btw?
    I have a few. I'm trying to go back this weekend with some big boy tires. I'm not into internet posterity and dragtimes.com.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    8,040
    Rep Points
    5,733.7
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    58


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    need to know his setup, 335 is not over 400hp..
    actually it is a quite possibility it is. It never said Whp so 400 bhp with about 15% drivetrain loss is about 340 to the wheels(400BHP*.85 % power coming to wheels), which is pretty much what you get with a chip and intake. so.. idk lol. seems pretty legit to me.

    its the torque thats a killer and what pulls 400awtq. massive. i have around 280ish wtq and sometimes its hard to keep traction in 3rd gear (very cold nightsClick here to enlarge)

    not surprised at all to be honest.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    espaņa
    Posts
    752
    Rep Points
    804.0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9



    Yes Reputation No
    the video makes 400whp 335i

    350whp Subaru

    I'm just saying that this video is not possible, if indeed the 335i has 400whp

    and I'm not saying that should be around more than if it were real 400wtq

    on the output would have to leave the asphalt nailed subaru ...

    maybe the cars in America are different from those of Spain??

    something is not right in this video, many Subarus and Evos VII-VIII-
    X Ix very empowered in my city and I could not find any let me get back in a straight line ....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    8,040
    Rep Points
    5,733.7
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    58


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by carcars Click here to enlarge
    the video makes 400whp 335i

    350whp Subaru

    I'm just saying that this video is not possible, if indeed the 335i has 400whp

    and I'm not saying that should be around more than if it were real 400wtq

    on the output would have to leave the asphalt nailed subaru ...

    maybe the cars in America are different from those of Spain??

    something is not right in this video, many Subarus and Evos VII-VIII-
    X Ix very empowered in my city and I could not find any let me get back in a straight line ....
    it doesnt say 400 whp in the video. it says 16.5 psi over 400 hp.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    espaņa
    Posts
    752
    Rep Points
    804.0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    it doesnt say 400 whp in the video. it says 16.5 psi over 400 hp.
    you're rightClick here to enlarge

    But to run 16.50 in the n54 psi is necessary to have a good setup

    I moddens complete and methanol and run 17 psi 17.50 psi with methanol

    without methanol mapa7 I have 16 psi and 15 psi on 6200rpm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,279
    Rep Points
    460.0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Well im running 1200cc injectors at 636awhp on e85 but keep in mind if i was a four cylinder i would need 1600cc injectors min to have my power. per say on an evo!

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    I have a few. I'm trying to go back this weekend with some big boy tires. I'm not into internet posterity and dragtimes.com.
    Well help me out and post one Click here to enlarge

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,079
    Rep Points
    1,142.0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    400 to the crank? does look like at the wheels but here it is on paper:

    350awhp @ 3112lbs vs ~400whp? @ ~3600lbs

    weight/power ratios: 8.89lb/hp vs 9lb/hp - so the wrx still has a better number.

    Yeah I don't think the e92 is making that much, because if he's say 400 at the crank, puts him at about 330whp or so? assuming 20% loss weight/power ratio ups to 10.2xx lb/hp

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    This would all be a hell of a lot easier if we knew the setup of the 335.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    8,040
    Rep Points
    5,733.7
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    58


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    400 to the crank? does look like at the wheels but here it is on paper:

    350awhp @ 3112lbs vs ~400whp? @ ~3600lbs

    weight/power ratios: 8.89lb/hp vs 9lb/hp - so the wrx still has a better number.

    Yeah I don't think the e92 is making that much, because if he's say 400 at the crank, puts him at about 330whp or so? assuming 20% loss weight/power ratio ups to 10.2xx lb/hp
    damn, you really thing it would be a 20% drivetrain loss. i thought 15% would be good enough to rate it at round 340 whp. its legit with a chip and intake.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    879
    Rep Points
    891.7
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    I actually got to tune one of these turbos recently with not the greatest supporting mods (ebay). These are the results on pump gas - not E85.

    Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by BrenM3; 11-09-2010 at 11:45 AM.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    I actually got to tune one of these turbos recently with not the greatest supporting mods (ebay). These are the results on pump gas - not E85.

    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._4518955_n.jpg
    Upgraded injectors?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    879
    Rep Points
    891.7
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Yes as posted before the stock injectors are done at 300~whp.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Longmont, Colorado
    Posts
    3
    Rep Points
    17.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Sorry for the blast from the past, just caught this on my video's history. I own the WRX, the BMW had the mods listed, nothing more he was running a JB4 and more boost than he should of which could have caused him issues. Either way it was a great run and was quite interesting as it was my first run since getting my car tuned, I hadn't even got the front bumper on yet just running around FMIC blazing. 1000cc Injectors are right around %90 duty cycle on my car on E85 and were the minimum recommended by my tuner.

    The 68HTA is not a very large turbo and I did notice in all of the races I was hitting max boost way before he even had even spooled, my tuner is a very highly regarded Subaru tuner and did a great job tuning my car. Hats off the the BMW for making as much power as it does with so little modding Click here to enlarge. I will say making a WRX remotely fast is not inexpensive as I had first thought but it sure is a lot of fun. The stock 2.5 block is crap and I anticipate a failure here soon probably piston ring 4 but she's still as healthy as the day I got the tune done over a year later.

    The ignorance people have for Subaru's is slightly frustrating hence the beginning of the video my two friends (135i owner and 335i owner) both laughed and didn't think I even had a slight chance in hell at winning the race, I was semi skeptical myself. Appreciate you stepping in BrenM3, you hit the nose on the head for pretty much everything, the 68hta is a bit bigger than an STI Turbo depending on which one which is why I went for it, most tuners around here are only getting around 310-320 around here on E85 with the stock STI turbo.

    I wanted 350 and once my tuner hit the number we stopped. We tuned my car with an Cobb Accessport and it idles with absolutely no issues, cannot tell the difference from stock. There was a bit of wiggle room but I wanted a safe reliable tune, a guy got his LGT tuned after me and hit 385whp with less mods. As I stated in the comments several times, the BMW hadn't been on the dyno but with his boost at 16.5 pounds it had to be over 400 CRANK HP. Not sure what a 335 makes at that kind of boost level but I felt 400 crack would be a conservative number to start with.

    I want to take it to the strip but with Launch Control and Flat Foot Shifting I am not sure the tranny will last long which is a large expense as the only real way to make it strong enough is to go strait cut gears. I peak right at around 20 to 21 PSI with this tune, not sure about the timing.
    More recent pic of the car, pic in video was before mods.
    Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by CivicMethodz; 09-11-2011 at 06:05 AM.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Longmont, Colorado
    Posts
    3
    Rep Points
    17.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Just realized I did not post the BMW's setup in the comments. I believe it was Dual Cone Intakes, JB4 and I/C Pipes. I know he did not have the proper mods for the boost level, I believe he was on Map 7 but I am not sure. He said it was peaking 16.5psi.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CivicMethodz Click here to enlarge
    Just realized I did not post the BMW's setup in the comments. I believe it was Dual Cone Intakes, JB4 and I/C Pipes. I know he did not have the proper mods for the boost level, I believe he was on Map 7 but I am not sure. He said it was peaking 16.5psi.
    Welcome.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CivicMethodz Click here to enlarge
    Sorry for the blast from the past, just caught this on my video's history. I own the WRX, the BMW had the mods listed, nothing more he was running a JB4 and more boost than he should of which could have caused him issues. Either way it was a great run and was quite interesting as it was my first run since getting my car tuned, I hadn't even got the front bumper on yet just running around FMIC blazing. 1000cc Injectors are right around %90 duty cycle on my car on E85 and were the minimum recommended by my tuner.

    The 68HTA is not a very large turbo and I did notice in all of the races I was hitting max boost way before he even had even spooled, my tuner is a very highly regarded Subaru tuner and did a great job tuning my car. Hats off the the BMW for making as much power as it does with so little modding Click here to enlarge. I will say making a WRX remotely fast is not inexpensive as I had first thought but it sure is a lot of fun. The stock 2.5 block is crap and I anticipate a failure here soon probably piston ring 4 but she's still as healthy as the day I got the tune done over a year later.

    The ignorance people have for Subaru's is slightly frustrating hence the beginning of the video my two friends (135i owner and 335i owner) both laughed and didn't think I even had a slight chance in hell at winning the race, I was semi skeptical myself. Appreciate you stepping in BrenM3, you hit the nose on the head for pretty much everything, the 68hta is a bit bigger than an STI Turbo depending on which one which is why I went for it, most tuners around here are only getting around 310-320 around here on E85 with the stock STI turbo.

    I wanted 350 and once my tuner hit the number we stopped. We tuned my car with an Cobb Accessport and it idles with absolutely no issues, cannot tell the difference from stock. There was a bit of wiggle room but I wanted a safe reliable tune, a guy got his LGT tuned after me and hit 385whp with less mods. As I stated in the comments several times, the BMW hadn't been on the dyno but with his boost at 16.5 pounds it had to be over 400 CRANK HP. Not sure what a 335 makes at that kind of boost level but I felt 400 crack would be a conservative number to start with.

    I want to take it to the strip but with Launch Control and Flat Foot Shifting I am not sure the tranny will last long which is a large expense as the only real way to make it strong enough is to go strait cut gears. I peak right at around 20 to 21 PSI with this tune, not sure about the timing.
    More recent pic of the car, pic in video was before mods.
    Click here to enlarge
    No worries, thanks for the additional info. We like having a diverse group.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,614
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Yes Reputation No
    Welcome to the forum.

    A couple things I need to point out.

    The 335 was not making 400 whp, 340 whp at best. My car on 14 psi with similar mods made 326 whp and hes only running 2.5 more psi. At 16.5 psi and stock downpipes the N54 eats $#@! because the turbos are way out of breathe. The N54 responds very well initially to a chip and intake, but to get into the 400 whp youll need downpipes or meth and race gas, any combination 2 of the three mentioned.

    If his car was running map 7 and a stock exhaust at 16.5 psi he was probably running 4 degrees timing advance and engine was probably dethrottling between shifts which costs a lot of time. I think your friends who owned the 135 and 335 were just nuthugging their BMWs. The N54 is a powerful engine, but for the mods listed it isnt making more than 340-350 whp if that. And if we do the power to weight, your car obviously wins.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Longmont, Colorado
    Posts
    3
    Rep Points
    17.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Why does everybody think I meant 400whp, if I meant 400whp I would have wrote 400WHP... As stated in my previous post I wrote it as "crank hp". I will be more clear in my next video I guess.. I have no idea what kind of drivetrain loss these cars have so I just took the stock HP figure and his mods and "estimated" to the best of my ability for what I believe the mods would provide the car with in crank HP. Didn't know enough to guess even close to the actual power put down to the wheels.

    Yeah power to weight on these cars is a great thing Click here to enlarge. Since tuning my car I have lost the desire to participate in races anymore, not really the racing type but this one just had to happen. I haven't actually raced anyone since. Enjoy the $#@! out of this car but thinking greatly about buckling down and getting something more practical, just not quite sure what as of now.
    Last edited by CivicMethodz; 09-19-2011 at 01:23 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •