Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    685 rwhp and 296 rwtq. what the $#@!? how is the torque so crappy. i didnt read the whole thread it was a lot of info and crap talking kinda lol

this is custom himself tuning? no profesh?
    Torque is "crappy" because the RPM didn't read into the dyno. 120 mph should be around 5200 RPM. ~630 - 635 hp @ 5200 RPM, something like 628 ft lb torque.

Self tuned on DTA S80 Pro, no one else has ever touched my car. All street tuned and then dyno'd. Its even on video lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

685 rwhp and 296 rwtq. what the $#@!? how is the torque so crappy. i didnt read the whole thread it was a lot of info and crap talking kinda lol

this is custom himself tuning? no profesh?
    TQ is not accurate, its not right. He made peak 600wtq.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
    ohh okay, thats what i was thinking too that doesnt make sense at all! When i got my dyno on dynojet they guy said i cant get your torque numbers or rpm's i can only do the hp and mph on the graph.. so ii paid him only 50 for the runs..

he said that he couldnt tap into something to get it.. is taht the same reasoning?

formula TQ=(HP*5252)/RPM
    by your numbers taz

(630*5252)/5200~ 636.3 TQ @ 5200 rpm. not too shabby
    Last edited by Payam@BMS; 10-26-2010 at 04:49 PM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So are you going to thank me for my efforts of reloading my f*cking log, installing MLV, and uploading the image of the clutch slip so you can now STFU?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

ohh okay, thats what i was thinking too that doesnt make sense at all! When i got my dyno on dynojet they guy said i cant get your torque numbers or rpm's i can only do the hp and mph on the graph.. so ii paid him only 50 for the runs..

he said that he couldnt tap into something to get it.. is taht the same reasoning?
    Yeah sorta - we dyno'd a car right before mine and tapped the right wire. We found that OBD1 vs OBD2 wiring color is different, so we tapped his signal and my ground. Didn't work out very well. Next time I'll be sure to get it right.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 Click here to enlarge
    http://jonkensy.com/gallery/albums/u...azaftl%7E0.JPG

Eat you idiot

and before you get your panties in a pinch, no, I didn't set the ambient pressure field again. I don't go by boost in this software I tune like a normal human and go by kPA which is calibrated in the ECU.
    Good job, name calling now?

Im dying of laughter now. Your entire PSI calculations off thing was total bogus. I remembered you showing datalogs of street driving before (http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...66&page=87)and also remember you showed PSI there. For some reason the PSI is right there. But for some reason the PSI on your datalog of the dyno (which says 34psi) is wrong because the calculations have been wrong forever (you claimed). What gives?

http://jonkensy.com/gallery/albums/u...c_turnedup.jpg

Psi is calculating correctly in that datalog which is way before this dyno. What gives? Are you lying to cover your ass now?

You claim you don't use PSI but you damn well use it in your project build thread at bfc...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So are you going to thank me for my efforts of reloading my f*cking log, installing MLV, and uploading the image of the clutch slip so you can now STFU?
    Actually you are still full of $#@!.... You are a $#@!n liar actually.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You're retarded - you have to consciously set that field. If I set that field when tuning i would look at what the car is showing when the engine is off. SINCE I DIDN'T DO THAT BEFORE THESE LOGS, I DIDN'T SET IT. If you'd like me to set it to 100 kPA so that it reads CLOSE I will, if that would make you happy. But since you don't $#@!ing get it and never will, you're a waste of time.

Here's how it works:

The ECU logs KPA. THATS IT. If you want PSI its a calculated field. If I turn it on, I need to know what the car was making at rest... thats called ambient pressure... since I don't know that, I don't set it - the MLV software (which does not do anything except take the recorded KPA and use the ambient 'engine off' correction to calc psi) will just load whatever you want. When you open the software, this is not set, you need to set it, it reloads the log, and then it will calc right. I don't have the value because my logs start while the car is moving. Anyone with half a clue knows that 300 kpa is not 34 psi, and 331 is not 36 psi. These are arbitrary values that MEGASQUIRT SOFTWARE is showing while processing my DTA LOG without me configuring it. Again, is my target lambda really 12.1 under 34 psi?! Is my TURBO % really 0 even though I am using EBC DC? Get with it Taza, and then stfu.

You clearly have no idea. Didn't you try to tell me that 250 kpa was like 34 psi? You have no clue how anything works. I have 3 or 4 laptops and everytime I'd open a log I'd have to set the ambient off value. Why you're so hung up on this is comical. Any tuner, or someone with a clue, would be looking at kPA. I use an AEM 5 bar sensor, 300 kpA is not 34 psi, why would my ECU record 300 kPA, I tune at 300 kPA, but its really 34 psi?!?! You're incredible. You truly don't know what you're talking about.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

lol, you guys are on a different level. interesting but too much info for me haha. i'm outtie! thanks for the help making me understand this thread now.. sorta
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

lol, you guys are on a different level. interesting but too much info for me haha. i'm outtie! thanks for the help making me understand this thread now.. sorta
    Yeah man the thread goes - Taza is trying to call me, a dyno shop, and two other BMW owners out by saying my car is running a different psi than it shows. I think thats called envy... or jealousy... or paranoia.

He doesn't realize that if my car dyno'd 685 rwhp on 34 psi, and then we turned it up 6 psi, I'd have been running 40 psi LOL LOL

We went from 28-29, which did 685, to 34 and the clutch slipped(or 331 kpa, whatever that comes out to I think its near 34). Then I dig out the log from my laptop, email it to myself, process it, and he still cries foul. What a hater.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You called me out as well as a bunch of other S54's (for no reason) but when someone says anything about you its wrong?

You called out my dyno sheet, laughed at it because there was no TQ data and it was in MPH. Then you post yours with TQ data missing and also in MPH? Ironic...

Then you go to the extent of drawing up a TQ line on my dyno and criticizing it, saying the powerband is bad.

You can't take criticism but you can give it quite easily.

When you finally posted your dyno, I actually said it was impressive.

I was going to plot the TQ for you like you did to mine but i just said eff it. Then you posted your log here and I was actually pretty impressed by the logging information. Then I noticed all the data on it didn't make sense. You say the log is for that dyno graph you posted. Yet on the datalog it shows 34psi. I asked you about it and you said the calculation on the computer is wrong and you have never used PSI before therefore the PSI calculations have always been off.

Yet on your project build thread you always show datalogs and quote numbers in Psi. It is correct on those datalogs but mysteriously for this dyno datalog showing 34psi your calculations (you said you never touched and has been wrong always) are wrong?

Even the chart under the datalog shows MAP 330 which is 34psi. Something doesn't add up and I think you are full of it.

Something is very shady.

On bimmerboost i asked you why does it say 34psi on the log of your dyno. You said:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by urinemachine
    The reason for the "34 psi" is because that's a calculated field in the log viewing software. I set that a long time ago on my laptop and I put the wrong KPA in.

Things always match, except for the PSI field. Its calculated. Here, let me show you.

When you open the log viewer configuration you get this:

I just opened that for the first time on my desktop here. I never use the Boost(PSI) function on my desktop because I know what kPA is. I must have either accidentally loaded that function (which puts it in whatever blank field you have available) or loaded it and put in some whacky value or took the default on my laptop. My laptop is where the other log came from. So here's with "100" put in for where that 78 is and another log (a 679 rwhp pull):
    Ok I bought it.

Then I asked if the PSI is wrong why does the MAP says 330 on the bottom (which is 34psi)? The bottom of the datalog graph shows a chart which seems like it shows the values for that log at the current time. It even says the time of the log which matches the blue vertical line (which is where the datalog is showing values for). The MAP says 330, but the blue numbers at the top says 300. Things do not match and i naturally ask him about it.

Now he keeps calling me names (on other forums) so I dont care to be nice.

Notice the post below from 05-09-10, he is using the PSI fields accurately and using PSI to show his information. Yet he claims he doesnt use PSI to me and also tells me PSI is not right on the datalog because he set it a long time ago and its wrong. HMMM Something doesn't add up here.... Just sayin...

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...postcount=2154

Below are datalogs he used months ago showing PSI all being right all the time. Doesnt mention its not acurate here. And PSI, MAP all of them match right everywhere including the underneath the graph chart which always shows the PSI and MAP correctly. How come on his new dyno datalog things are not accurate, matching and wrong?

http://jonkensy.com/gallery/albums/u...confusing2.jpg

He even names this one 28psi lol..

http://jonkensy.com/gallery/albums/u...1/28psi2~0.jpg
    Last edited by TaZaM3; 10-26-2010 at 05:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nice job GG, pretty good numbers!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3
    Oh noes! Which bewst psi's is it Taza?!

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Oh man... the MAGIC boost creator button strikes again!

Click here to enlarge

Needless to say this software is designer for MegaSquirt and I've modified it to run for DTA .Dat files.

Rather than respect someone elses stuff and think for a minute, Taza's first claim is "omg 5mall5nail5 is running 34 psi even though his ECU is reporting 290 - 300!".

Remember Taza, you were the same guy just like a week or two ago telling me that 250 kPA on a MAP sensor is 30+ psi :rofl.

My ECU records pressure in KPA. You cannot log "boost" it doesnt exist. Under "calculated fields" you can add "Boost(PSI)" and get that window asking for ambient pressure. If you don't fill that in, I don't know what number its using. I used it a few times intentionally to convert kpa to boost in a log. INTENTIONALLY. If I leave it blank, who knows. You can see I just changed the pressure 4 times for you with that field being off. I don't expect you to understand any further... but at least you look like a fool to those who do.

You don't understand what you're trying to call out, and so instead of admitting fault, you call me a liar. Jay was there. Bobby was there. If my 300 kpa run is 34 psi, then my 331 kpa run was 40+ psi... yeah... I didn't run 40 psi on 93 octane... think for a minute, and then call someone out.

Below is a datalog he used months ago showing PSI. Doesnt mention its not acurate here.

Exactly -because it WORKS, if you set the field. If you see my log, the minimum RPM that I logged from was 156 RPM. That means that I never had a log with the engine off. Therefore, I am 70 miles from home up at the dyno and if I populate ambient pressure I would be guessing... which is worse than just leaving it be. If the RPMs said 0 in that log I could go back and see what the KPA value is at 0 RPM and enter it. But, I don't use the boost pressure often. It was still on my desktop when I last posted PSI (trouble shooting wastegate) and then when I loaded the new log file it took some default and was incorrectly calculated.

Get over it, you're wrong that I am a liar and you don't know how kilopascals work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    Nice job GG, pretty good numbers!
    Thanks bud. Tuning isn't done yet. I wanna see what we can do with another 5 psi on pump fuel. You get those parts yet? I wanna see the first e46 US m3 hit the 10's no better owner of a e46 to do it then you.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

GG, this from the guy who was telling me (not asking) that 248 kpa or something from a map sensor is 34 psi rofl

Sore loser!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

GG, this from the guy who was telling me (not asking) that 248 kpa or something from a map sensor is 34 psi rofl

Sore loser!
    LOL 689whp at 34psi... Pretty sad man...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Sore loser!
    Yea its sad. The owner of a thread needed more content in this section, so he takes a post of mine to make thread. LOL. Then Taza weeps about my dyno sheet not having rpms. Sad sad sad humans. Its good normal guys like Mspired still exist here on this forum.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

LOL 689whp at 34psi... Pretty sad man...
    Hrmmm please go to the track on stock e46 m3 parts and rip a 1/4 mile run for this forum. It needs more content.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    Yea its sad. The owner of a thread needed more content in this section, so he takes a post of mine to make thread. LOL. Then Taza weeps about my dyno sheet not having rpms. Sad sad sad humans. Its good normal guys like Mspired still exist here on this forum.
    You consider yourself normal, really????

I didnt weep, i laughed..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hrmmm please go to the track on stock e46 m3 parts and rip a 1/4 mile run for this forum. It needs more content.
    Ummm, i rather not. You should go make some more power before talking down to S54's that rape.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    You consider yourself normal, really????

I didnt weep, i laughed..
    What was the topic of this thread again? OOoo yes a post I posted in 5mall5nails thread when you had asked about my little old car's dyno sheet. You have seen it. Mspired made a normal post a post about the topic. I respect him because he is a kool guy and can take a joke. He also jokes around with me, but its in good fun. You on the other hand are a sad example of a human. Have a nice day Taza.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Ummm, i rather not. You should go make some more power before talking down to S54's that rape.
    Afraid are you? Which s54 did I talk down? Not Mspired's numbers, not Batta's, and never yours. You are once again proving yourself to be a lame human. You are in 2 threads talking smack EDIT: Sorry more then 2. Also I'm not out to prove something with big numbers. I have stated this in the past. Once my tuning is done for 24psi on pump gas. I will most likely call it quits. Enjoy yourself have a good day as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What was the topic of this thread again? OOoo yes a post I posted in 5mall5nails thread when you had asked about my little old car's dyno sheet. You have seen it. Mspired made a normal post a post about the topic. I respect him because he is a kool guy and can take a joke. He also jokes around with me, but its in good fun. You on the other hand are a sad example of a human. Have a nice day Taza.
    I dont care to participate in lame jokes on the internet with a weirdo. Thanks...

What didn't i post normal about it? I was shocked to see how it was displayed with small mph increments. You would do the same to anyone else, well anyone with a E46 at least...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I dont care to participate in lame jokes on the internet with a weirdo. Thanks...

What didn't i post normal about it? I was shocked to see how it was displayed with small mph increments. You would do the same to anyone else, well anyone with a E46 at least...
    Untrue. You are failing here, and are showing your true self. Its a sad thing to behold. Shouldnt you be driving to the gym? BEEP

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast