Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

GG////M3 TRM Turbo E36 Dyno Numbers

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
    He said a few words about my dyno I posted as well with no TQ and speed based chart. We tried to get a TQ reading from my car locally here a little bit ago but could not get a TQ reading correctly by tapping into the ignition module wires. I was told a proper cannot be read from there on my car.

Where is your dyno again?
    Mine is in a far away land here is a link to it. http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...4&postcount=32 (psi level on the graph was reading 2 points higher) . Its nothing compared to the raping numbers 5mall5nails has made. I would like the thread to stay on topic for the sake of the OP. If you have any questions about my setup i can be reached via pm. Sucks so many humans have issues with pick up of wtq. I'm sure 5mall5nails will figure out how to get the readings next time. I dont see it taking him years. Hek if he had more time to feddle around that day he may have figured it out. Hrrmmm now that I think about it why not some local Hpf human meet up at a dyno day of some sort and figure it out. Just throwing that out there. Then Hpf can learn from some lesser humans? Hi 5(in most settings this was considered a good thing here its not, so be watchful some may not like it)....
    Last edited by GG///M3; 10-26-2010 at 12:09 PM.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Where is your dyno again?
    Fear it:

Click here to enlarge

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    At least he got the TQ on there. But why speed graphed (ironic)? lol

Anyways looks like a nice human baby setup. No reason for it to go beep with that kind of power.

I have been feared.... Look at my measly old stock motor with a supercharger running 9.5psi dyno dated over 4 years ago...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    But why speed graphed (ironic)? lol
    Yes it is Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    hi 5

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That super charger curve is suck. Not enough rape, not even close.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 Click here to enlarge
    That super charger curve is suck. Not enough rape, not even close.
    Why do you say that? It is extremely flat, very linear, and makes nice power?

I'm going to go off on a limb here and guess it is a torque issue?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why do you say that? It is extremely flat, very linear, and makes nice power?

I'm going to go off on a limb here and guess it is a torque issue?
    Lol, actually for once I dont think its the TQ he is going to attack. It makes nice flat TQ at a merely 9.5psi. He is probably going to attack the linear power of the SC. Which is funny because look how nice the powerband was 6000-8200rpm.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The torque is fine but ugh CF superchargers blech blech blech

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The torque is fine but ugh CF superchargers blech blech blech
    Well I started off with that, it was actually a very fun car. We are talking 9.5psi here, thats nothing. Its also a simple bolt on kit. Was raping stg 3 B5 s4's left and right. Ran a 123 mph trap at a horrible track here (LACR which has shut down now).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    hi 5 while you weep and beep human. On my island I use other methods of forced induction that will cause mass hysteria of rape proportions.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    hi 5 while you weep and beep human. On my island I use other methods of forced induction that will cause mass hysteria of rape proportions.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yes it is Click here to enlarge
    Its even more ironic if you look at his graph in more detail.

Notice the scaling of the MPH, its dragged out in increments of 5. This will stretch out the graph and make the power look nicer/longer. LOL We typically see others using increments of 10 mph.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Taza, you're trying too hard to bring other members with good plots down. "Look nicer" - only amateurs go by "looks". Anyone evaluating a graph will analyze what its doing regardless of what the "tick" marks are lol. Actually, what that graph is showing you is more resolution. By being in 5 mph increments you're likely to see more waviness and jaggies, than if it were 10 or 15 mph.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Taza, you're trying too hard to bring other members with good plots down. "Look nicer" - only amateurs go by "looks". Anyone evaluating a graph will analyze what its doing regardless of what the "tick" marks are lol. Actually, what that graph is showing you is more resolution. By being in 5 mph increments you're likely to see more waviness and jaggies, than if it were 10 or 15 mph.
    I dont understand your friends and your concept. You guys criticize E46 S54's at any chance you get. When there is no TQ on the dyno, you call that out. When its speed based you call it out. Now when you guys don't show TQ, oh its ok we made a mistake. When you guys show speed based dyno's in super long increments its for more resolution lol... If thats the case why not go in increments of 2? I fully believe you are being a hypocrite at this time.

Have you gotten the chance to go get your MAX value MAP 331 log yet?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I dont understand your friends and your concept. You guys criticize E46 S54's at any chance you get. When there is no TQ on the dyno, you call that out. When its speed based you call it out. Now when you guys don't show TQ, oh its ok we made a mistake. When you guys show speed based dyno's in super long increments its for more resolution lol... If thats the case why not go in increments of 2? I fully believe you are being a hypocrite at this time.

Have you gotten the chance to go get your MAX value MAP 331 log yet?
    I would rather have a dyno going in small increments than large. That's how you see resolution. How about a dyno plot in 50 mile steps - would that make you happy? Then the data would be real compressed and you can laugh at it. You really pick the stupidest things to argue about, and you don't even know what you're saying exactly. If the dyno offered 2 mph that'd be cool, it'd be annoying to look at on a square image but cool none the less. I don't know if you noticed or not but my logs are stretched out big time. That's because I like to see whats happening. Since you don't tune your own car, let alone turn your own bolts often, you wouldn't really be interested in that sort of thing.

And no, I don't have the log for 331 because I don't care what that did - it was the clutch slip log after my 685 pull. I am not even going to do you the favor and log into the laptop since I explained why my datalog viewer needs to be configured for boost calculation but you apparently don't get it. Stop being a hater. For someone so proud of their car you sure have a hard time accepting people are having success.

here you go Vik- just for you http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...5&postcount=97
    Last edited by 5mall5nail5; 10-26-2010 at 03:29 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would rather have a dyno going in small increments than large. That's how you see resolution. How about a dyno plot in 50 mile steps - would that make you happy? Then the data would be real compressed and you can laugh at it. You really pick the stupidest things to argue about, and you don't even know what you're saying exactly. If the dyno offered 2 mph that'd be cool, it'd be annoying to look at on a square image but cool none the less. I don't know if you noticed or not but my logs are stretched out big time. That's because I like to see whats happening. Since you don't tune your own car, let alone turn your own bolts often, you wouldn't really be interested in that sort of thing.

And no, I don't have the log for 331 because I don't care what that did - it was the clutch slip log after my 685 pull. I am not even going to do you the favor and log into the laptop since I explained why my datalog viewer needs to be configured for boost calculation but you apparently don't get it. Stop being a hater. For someone so proud of their car you sure have a hard time accepting people are having success.

So for you guys speed based charts are for resolution viewing but for the s54's its wrong?

Again you keep trying to put me down but you have the incorrect information. Ive actually been tuning my car here and there, I do ALOT of my own work on the car in my garage. But I did choose to have a professional company built it for me. I rather not have a car making barely 700whp at 34psi.

Thats too bad you seem like a smart guy but you are not getting why Im even questioning you? You are are tasting your own medicine here.

Since you have the log that you first posted which you claim is the 685whp dyno, you must have the log for the max value on it which was MAP 331.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    . I rather not have a car making barely 700whp at 34psi.
    Umm something is definitely wrong. With that engine 3.2l i would expect 26-29 psi with 700whp.

timing maybe?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So for you guys speed based charts are for resolution viewing but for the s54's its wrong?

Again you keep trying to put me down but you have the incorrect information. Ive actually been tuning my car here and there, I do ALOT of my own work on the car in my garage. But I did choose to have a professional company built it for me. I rather not have a car making barely 700whp at 34psi.

Thats too bad you seem like a smart guy but you are not getting why Im even questioning you? You are are tasting your own medicine here.

Since you have the log that you first posted which you claim is the 685whp dyno, you must have the log for the max value on it which was MAP 331.
    ROFL so you are calling me out?? uh oh, better let jay and bobby know that we're all liars!!!!

Nothing wrong with car that makes 700 rwhp @ 6900 RPM on 29 psi lol. SOmeones hurt! Don't worry man. We still support... you..... sorta.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Umm something is definitely wrong. With that engine 3.2l i would expect 26-29 psi with 700whp.

timing maybe?
    He is referring to me, which is a 2.8L motor at 29 psi making 685 rwhp but he thinks its 700 hp because I didn't calculate ambient pressure in a datalog that isn't even supposed to run in the application.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ahhh, my mistake. there was a couple cars that were thrown around here so i wasnt too sure! thanks for the info tho.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ahhh, my mistake. there was a couple cars that were thrown around here so i wasnt too sure! thanks for the info tho.
    Ya its a 2.8L, with a datalog showing 34psi (330 MAP) on the dyno run but he claims 28-29psi.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    get some actually logging info? i'm not sure if the bmw world works like the VAG..
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    get some actually logging info? i'm not sure if the bmw world works like the VAG..
    Check the thread regarding his dyno.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...4-dyno-numbers

Its not like VAG, he has a standalone system on his car and he can log it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Check the thread regarding his dyno.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...4-dyno-numbers

Its not like VAG, he has a standalone system on his car and he can log it.
    685 rwhp and 296 rwtq. what the $#@!? how is the torque so crappy. i didnt read the whole thread it was a lot of info and crap talking kinda lol

this is custom himself tuning? no profesh?
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ya its a 2.8L, with a datalog showing 34psi (330 MAP) on the dyno run but he claims 28-29psi.
    Click here to enlarge

Eat you idiot

and before you get your panties in a pinch, no, I didn't set the ambient pressure field again. I don't go by boost in this software I tune like a normal human and go by kPA which is calibrated in the ECU.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast