Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
    Incorrect. Mods were the same, turbo's were the same tranny was not.
    What is incorrect?

So the mods were the same just like here yet the transmissions were not?

So what is the too many variables again? That's reducing the variables about as much as possible.

Neither you or your buddy was running a DCT right unlike this comparison right?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What is incorrect?

So the mods were the same just like here yet the transmissions were not?

So what is the too many variables again? That's reducing the variables about as much as possible.

Neither you or your buddy was running a DCT right unlike this comparison right?
    Your first point is incorrect as @ChuckD05 pointed out. I didn't want to go there because it's run what you brung. To make a statement that the transmission was the cause for such a large gap vs the manual is misleading, again as Chuckd05 stated.

As history has shown this will turn out into a long winded argument. So I'm done, gonna go hang with the crew and with 600+rwhp will still be the slow guy of the group.

Laters

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    To make a statement that the transmission was the cause for such a large gap vs the manual is misleading, again as Chuckd05 stated.
    It isn't misleading at all especially if you look into the difference between say the manual M5 and the DCT M5.

Once again, the major difference between the two is the transmission. There is no such thing as two exact same cars even if they are stock as there still are differences in break in, tires, wheels, driver weight, whatever.

You have a JB4 on both, you have RB's on both, you have both cars at a roll on racing event and I assume there to race and trying to win?

As history has shown this will turn out into a long winded argument.
    There is no argument. What happened is what happened in the videos and the DCT shifts quicker, period.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    some n54s run tunes they hate though... the tuning as I am seeing with RBs is very inconsistent and temperamental... for various reasons like hardware, fuel mixtures (im done mixing gas bc of this) adaptions, etc...

I have shown up to my buddies before and went for cruises and have messed around and beat the same car twice by 5-6 car differences and the only thing that changed is the day of the week. Cobb flat lining post shift is the complete turn off for me using them which may or may not be a more consistent tune. But it will from what i see be consistently slower.

I do not doubt that the DCT is quicker but saying why this car got his butt whoooped compared to the other car isn't valid until either logs are shown from that run or this is shown again and again and again..

But the m3 dct vs 6m has been proven, but you do get the random videos popping up showing them close or no diff and those are the variations that just exists.

T trapped 130, I trapped 126, LM trapped 127 decades ago, people have trapped 122 with rbs.. etc...
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i also have to agree to an extent, its not just the gear box
    either car has something up with it, not shifting right etc

that large of a gap and continuous pulling is not due to gearbox alone

also maybe the m5 wasn't consistent? just throwing it out there

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

3 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    @Sticky your such a biased person when it comes to backing up your belief's , your completely closed minded to viewing the other side of anything! Obviously nobody can dispute the FACT that dct is faster and more efficient but to use this video as an example to represent that is absurd on so many levels. Starting with the FACT that we are not 100% sure that the car isn't an auto. That was a roll race they probably only went into 2 gears, there is no way on this planet that it would be bus length differences if only the transmission was difference. When you look at stock cars the trap speeds are with 2mph of each other if not the same, in the video we just saw these cars were probably 10-15mph apart! Do you personally know both cars? both drivers? were they both on kill? did someone miss a shift? was one on pump one on race gas?? WHO KNOWS!?!?!?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    @Sticky your such a biased person when it comes to backing up your belief's , your completely closed minded to viewing the other side of anything! Obviously nobody can dispute the FACT that dct is faster and more efficient but to use this video as an example to represent that is absurd on so many levels. Starting with the FACT that we are not 100% sure that the car isn't an auto. That was a roll race they probably only went into 2 gears, there is no way on this planet that it would be bus length differences if only the transmission was difference. When you look at stock cars the trap speeds are with 2mph of each other if not the same, in the video we just saw these cars were probably 10-15mph apart! Do you personally know both cars? both drivers? were they both on kill? did someone miss a shift? was one on pump one on race gas?? WHO KNOWS!?!?!?
    Yep I'm so biased that the video shows what it does.

The DCT is faster what do you want me to do for you?

Whether the other 335 is auto or manual doesn't matter as either or is slower.

Of course both cars aren't the exact same but it's kind of funny how much better the DCT car does.

By the way, here's the DCT versus manual numbers for the M5. Sorry to burst your bubble but the difference is bigger than what you are making up out of thin air which is real bias: http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...er-than-manual

OMG oh no a DCT car did better I'm so biased by posting the video I didn't create. Boo hoo.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I like boobies.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    So your saying it doesn't matter that there not exactly the same? so if the dct was making another 80whp it doesn't matter?? So if i find a vid of a manual winning against a dct with the same turbo it means manual is faster? based on what your presenting this is what your suggesting . Thats what i mean by biased

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Also every race has facts, what if the car that lost makes 80more whp but the guy missed a shift? How can this video be used as evidence without knowing all that information?? Because your a biased $#@! that doesn't care what the facts are as long as it illustrates your own views because your biased.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Your first point is incorrect as @ChuckD05 pointed out. I didn't want to go there because it's run what you brung. To make a statement that the transmission was the cause for such a large gap vs the manual is misleading, again as Chuckd05 stated.

As history has shown this will turn out into a long winded argument. So I'm done, gonna go hang with the crew and with 600+rwhp will still be the slow guy of the group.

Laters
    there is no reasoning with this man!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Sticky the funniest thing about you is how much you admire a dct for all its performance benefits but you hate the gtr for all its technology that gives it all the benefits it has. The gtr has proven time and time again to do more with less(other than weight) but you can't respect that. There are purist that despise a dct and say its not fun and its not engaging kinda like all the things you say about the gtr! if you want the best weapon it is in fact a dct if you want the fastest all around car the gtr is the best weapon but you don't like it therefore its bad! Yet you love your car that as of right now runs a 0.00 @ 0mph because it hasn't made a pass. logical….

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    holy crap, you guys are $#@!ing annoying. what's so hard to figure out both cars are similarly modded and both have different transmissions..it both cars are similar is this not a driver's/transmission's race? let's say both drivers were greatness the dct will pull harder it's not that hard to grasp.. look at dragtimes for stock cars that come in dct and mt it's a clear cut difference..

some of the $#@! you guys say...
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rawad1017 Click here to enlarge
    holy crap, you guys are $#@!ing annoying. what's so hard to figure out both cars are similarly modded and both have different transmissions..it both cars are similar is this not a driver's/transmission's race? let's say both drivers were greatness the dct will pull harder it's not that hard to grasp.. look at dragtimes for stock cars that come in dct and mt it's a clear cut difference..

some of the $#@! you guys say...
    do you $#@! the same as the next guy? your both human beings with the same genetic make up...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    do you $#@! the same as the next guy? your both human beings with the same genetic make up...
    do you HONESTLY think if you didn't put the same driver in both cars the results wouldn't be similar? like come on now.. i even stated if both drivers are greatness this is pretty accurate. it seems a buncha you guys are regretting not buying a 335is the same way years ago butthurt 335i owners tried to compare their cars to the m3..
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

3 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

biased? Of course he is.. He owns America's fastest S65 M3 ( the one that doesn't move Click here to enlarge) with a Gintani strengthened DCT box yet stands no chance against the mighty robotic GTR's out there... Small bird in a big boy's world ... Oh why bother....he owns this site for god's sake.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rawad1017 Click here to enlarge
    do you HONESTLY think if you didn't put the same driver in both cars the results wouldn't be similar? like come on now.. i even stated if both drivers are greatness this is pretty accurate. it seems a buncha you guys are regretting not buying a 335is the same way years ago butthurt 335i owners tried to compare their cars to the m3..
    Smh...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I agree with sticky
    manual just looses to much boost between shifts.
    DCT is 10x faster either way you look at it. And once a reliable upgrade comes for the clutch packs, single and dct will be game over

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I trapped 121.5 with stock turbos no meth

335is dct Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i dont care about the cars. these are all 30k dollar entry level sport coupes that get $#@! on by 100s of new cars lol... I am stating the title of this article is misleading as is the conclusion you and sticky are coming too... the issue here is two simple steps that could prove this theory were not taken. Get logs from that run from each car involved and do the race again .... this hypothesis may very well be 100 accurate...

I agree the DCT is superior to the Manual tranny.... but there are SOOOOO many variables ignored by you even more so than sticky... gearing of each vehicle... gear car started in, aggressivness of tune, health of car, weight of cars, driver driving, dont even know what tranny the other car is lol, logs looked at, how many runs did each car just do , ETC... give me a break dude, this article is missing facts, period.

Terry went 11.0@130 with RBs.. automatic is the best. period.

ive humiliated n54s with the same tune and more mods,why? bc n54 tuning is shotty still and these cars are inconsistant... AND Ts m5 has a piggy too with an m5 still in early development... he easily could have also been not running up to par as well as another has mentioned...

that race shows a difference of AT LEAST 50-60 WHP... no shift makes that time up... the car doesnt stop rolling , pause , than restart when shifting... we are not talking about that much of a difference in a race like that... i am sorry its not the case....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So your saying it doesn't matter that there not exactly the same? so if the dct was making another 80whp it doesn't matter?? So if i find a vid of a manual winning against a dct with the same turbo it means manual is faster? based on what your presenting this is what your suggesting . Thats what i mean by biased
    Do you know how much power it is making? Do you have logs? Do you have a chart?

You see a DCT car with the same mods as a non DCT car run much better than it. That's it. There's nothing more to it. There's no guessing involved as the video shows exactly this. You're the one who's inventing numbers and figures based on NOTHING.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e92ttking Click here to enlarge
    I agree with sticky
    manual just looses to much boost between shifts.
    DCT is 10x faster either way you look at it. And once a reliable upgrade comes for the clutch packs, single and dct will be game over
    Of course the DCT is much faster. People are stupid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dixchen Click here to enlarge
    biased? Of course he is.. He owns America's fastest S65 M3 ( the one that doesn't move Click here to enlarge) with a Gintani strengthened DCT box yet stands no chance against the mighty robotic GTR's out there... Small bird in a big boy's world ... Oh why bother....he owns this site for god's sake.
    What do you own? Oh wait, nobody cares.

It's world's fastest S65 M3, get it right. It moved fine when it was last out whooping on everyone, get that right as well.

Last laugh right here. Oh why bother, you're nobody.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I agree the DCT is superior to the Manual tranny.... but there are SOOOOO many variables ignored by you even more so than sticky... gearing of each vehicle... gear car started in, aggressivness of tune, health of car, weight of cars, driver driving, dont even know what tranny the other car is lol, logs looked at, how many runs did each car just do , ETC... give me a break dude, this article is missing facts, period.
    What variables are ignored? What exactly am I supposed to do you for? It's a video of two 335's with similar mods with different transmissions. That's it. That is all there is to it.

I'm supposed to weigh the cars for you? Weigh the drivers? Time them each with VBOXES too and make sure they both start at the same speeds? Yep, this is all in my control.

Automatic is the best? You're delusional.

that race shows a difference of AT LEAST 50-60 WHP... no shift makes that time up... the car doesnt stop rolling , pause , than restart when shifting... we are not talking about that much of a difference in a race like that... i am sorry its not the case....
    No shift time makes that up? Um, how does the M5 gain 3 miles per hour then and 4/10's in the 1/4 then with just a change in shift time? This is documented. Your wheel hp quote here here is nothing more than a guess because you don't like that the DCT is the superior performance choice especially in a roll on race where the automatics stall means nothing.

Deal with it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i dont care about the cars. these are all 30k dollar entry level sport coupes that get $#@! on by 100s of new cars lol... I am stating the title of this article is misleading as is the conclusion you and sticky are coming too... the issue here is two simple steps that could prove this theory were not taken. Get logs from that run from each car involved and do the race again .... this hypothesis may very well be 100 accurate...

ive humiliated n54s with the same tune and more mods,why? bc n54 tuning is shotty still and these cars are inconsistant... AND Ts m5 has a piggy too with an m5 still in early development... he easily could have also been not running up to par as well as another has mentioned...

+10000
    100% what i was trying to say! i agree the dct is faster, but the title and entire thread is very misleading when so many facts are missing including what tranny is in the car for god sakes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast