Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's a stock internal kit... everything starts somewhere. If you want to see 1000+ you can pay attention to my car then. If 130+ trap speeds aren't 'fast' enough what is?

Speaking as someone who actually has ridden in the car, it's plenty fast. How much more do you need? It's hard enough to put 600+ down with much more torque ramping in early. It's fun as hell though!
    I sure it is fun as hell, and I wish I could build a TT for my built M62+, but what about traction? Do you have to feather the right foot a lot?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BigM62 Click here to enlarge
    but what about traction? Do you have to feather the right foot a lot?

I'm probably at 550whp right now in my 335 and I can't even get traction on the freeway in 3rd gear at nights. I don't know what this guys gonna do LOL
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

when you aim for that kind of power you're supposed to get wide tires and put a widebody but sticky's a trip
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    I'm probably at 550whp right now in my 335 and I can't even get traction on the freeway in 3rd gear at nights. I don't know what this guys gonna do LOL
    What size tires are you running?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SexiPYm3 Click here to enlarge
    What size tires are you running?
    265/35/18 I believe
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

lol

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yep that's why I guess I need some more rpm and GT40R's maybe? I mean anything less than 1500 wheel just seems uncivilized. I mean this is such a weak platform and all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

265/35/18 I believe
    From what I recall, 335s can't take a really wide tire without alterations to the car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

265/35/18 I believe
    What tires are you running should be the question. Toyo R888s, Toyo r1r or a Drag Radial are the only tires I would run with those power levels... they ARE that good and that much better than pss or other summer rubber... you will easily hook in third with r888s and 550whp
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Roll/shave those fenders so you can fit fatter tires in there. Some people have run up to 295 wide. That should give you a bit more traction.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BigM62 Click here to enlarge
    I sure it is fun as hell, and I wish I could build a TT for my built M62+, but what about traction? Do you have to feather the right foot a lot?
    When the ass end swung a bit on a 2 to 3 shift I was worried but it was totally manageable. As long as you are aware of the power it's fine. He didn't have any trouble putting it down which was surprising.

For me, I'll definitely be getting much longer gearing.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Chuckles...
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Chuckles...
    Regarding?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Well good evening @Sticky Hows the world treating you...
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Well good evening @Sticky Hows the world treating you...
    Life's pretty rough man.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    Quick talking about fuel mileage. Who gives a sh*t!
    Concur.

What is this formula 1 or something? ehhhh...wait a tic

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Have a nice evening @Sticky
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Have a nice evening @Sticky
    I'll try. It's been getting pretty warm in the evenings.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SexiPYm3 Click here to enlarge
    From what I recall, 335s can't take a really wide tire without alterations to the car.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    What tires are you running should be the question. Toyo R888s, Toyo r1r or a Drag Radial are the only tires I would run with those power levels... they ARE that good and that much better than pss or other summer rubber... you will easily hook in third with r888s and 550whp
    I just gotta get some 17" and some fat rubber. I want some nt05's, the R888 are the best but that $#@! aint cheap. We'll find out tomorrow how much hp I have!
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

They're not much more than nt05s at all. Why skimp where it literally matters most.. Nt05 reg summer Tires are crap for traction with high hp.. Get nt05r or toyo r1r or whichever the tires is that shares the compound wih r888 mostly are cheaper options .. Until you won a set of r888s you just won't realize how bad other tires are for straight line traction.

Dws hooks ok a better than nt05s , I truly believe that. @themyst
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

I agree, don't spend all this money on a single turbo kit only to go cheap on a proper wheel/tire setup. There is no point in more power if you can't put it down.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

I've honestly been shocked with how well my Conti DW's hook. I have a hard time jumping to a drag radial type of tire like an NT05R or R888 for a daily driver, its just not worth getting caught in a downpour - i'd rather feel safe under all conditions and sacrifice a little bit of traction.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    They're not much more than nt05s at all. Why skimp where it literally matters most.. Nt05 reg summer Tires are crap for traction with high hp.. Get nt05r or toyo r1r or whichever the tires is that shares the compound wih r888 mostly are cheaper options .. Until you won a set of r888s you just won't realize how bad other tires are for straight line traction.

Dws hooks ok a better than nt05s , I truly believe that. @themyst
    No problem lol. Just had the nt05's on the balt and they worked great there. I guess I'll go with an R compound I guess. Nt05R Nt555r something like that.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    I agree, don't spend all this money on a single turbo kit only to go cheap on a proper wheel/tire setup. There is no point in more power if you can't put it down.
    Soon enough I will. I need about 5k at least for LSD, Clutch, and tire wheel upgrade I need to do ASAP.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    How about the turbo cool-down? I think it'll need turbo timer. Lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any updates on this?
    08 335XI AT - 11.762 @ 118.40 (WRECKED)
    09 335i xDrive AT - STOCK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by knissel Click here to enlarge
    Any updates on this?
    edit:nevermind misunderstood