Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow that sounds so beast!!

The fact that its in an E90 makes it that much more awesome!
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLV335I Click here to enlarge
    He's going to loose no matter what. From what I have read on this forum money isn't a problem with him. He posted he was looking into a MP4-12c not to long ago so this is nothing compared to a $200k car.
    I would argue that sticky is more concerned with all of us believing that money is not a problem with him... Click here to enlarge I'm sure he will be along soon to correct me.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G0TB00ST? Click here to enlarge
    I may have missed it but is this tuned on the stock DME or running a standalone? I really hope this takes off cause it will only be a matter of time before someone is crazy enough to try this on the s85!
    stock DME.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSO95 Click here to enlarge
    Some type of twin 30r set up for the stock motor but I'm sure they could squeeze 35r's in there with a built motor/trans.
    I think on the stock motor its smaller than the 30R's. I don't know if they can go as big as 35r but I hope so because that's what I want.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SpeedLimit? Click here to enlarge
    @Sticky, any idea when you'll start you're new build? Thanks for sharing this awesome write-up!
    After all the current goals are accomplished and the SC kit is sold. We'll see whether I do a new motor build or not. Maybe I'll sell my built motor too as I want to do a 4.4+ liter turbo.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Alpina_B3_Lux Click here to enlarge
    Didn't you say recently you were done with throwing money after German cars? I though I remembered something like that...Click here to enlarge

Seems to be a great kit. Fuel consumption must be scary though...!

Alpina_B3_Lux
    Well yes but I HAVE to have turbos.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would say sell your car after a few runs and get that C7 with a twin turbo kit. End of story. Also those wheels look horrible on that car.
    Bro I can have both.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vladi627 Click here to enlarge
    It's tough to make it look impressive when it's bottom mounted. Not really much hardware to add on top, except maybe a more aggressive looking intake manifold, which I wouldn't care for.
    I'm not sure what is expected it looks great. You have a manifold and box, what else is there supposed to be? The finish on the parts can be whatever color you want.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    On something like this exactly lol.

Sticky don't. Wait for the Z06 and thank me later.
    You don't understand. Drive this car. Z06 why? I'd rather have the C7 Stingray.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well if you are going to dump all this money into it, may as well be a low compression stroker build, right? No sense in going "merely" 99%, need to go full retard for this build Stick.

And a 'Vette over a near one-off turbo S65? Pls. No way in hell.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You don't understand. Drive this car. Z06 why? I'd rather have the C7 Stingray.
    No the c7 z06

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Sticky is going to lose his ass if he tries to offload his M3, might as well sell his current supercharger kit and pay the difference to have an incredibly fast and fun M3 in the quiver. I am completing guessing here, but i would assume that he would only have to pay a few grand for the TT kit after selling his S3+ kit and custom headers, etc etc.
    Incredibly fast? We're talking THE FASTEST.

The supercharger kit is Stage 1 to Stage 3.5+ so whatever a person would want really at a discount.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rawad1017 Click here to enlarge
    he's said already a bunch of times that he's planning on selling his supercharger and using the money towards this

if this TT setup can get ~1000whp just off the built V8 S65 imagine a built V10 S85..
    I'm pretty sure 1000 whp can already be hit. TT S85's could definitely gun for 1500+

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He's going to loose no matter what. From what I have read on this forum money isn't a problem with him. He posted he was looking into a MP4-12c not to long ago so this is nothing compared to a $200k car.
    If you have something nobody else does you won't lose as badly you think. My car has 12k miles on it or so and maybe 500 on the built motor. If it turns out to be one of the fastest BMW's on the planet and I add turbos to that I think it will be a very attractive package for someone who doesn't want to go through a build process.

Regardless, I don't plan on selling it just yet just the supercharger kit and headers. Maybe the motor if someone wants to do a Stage 3.5+ setup but who has the cash for that?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G0TB00ST? Click here to enlarge
    I may have missed it but is this tuned on the stock DME or running a standalone? I really hope this takes off cause it will only be a matter of time before someone is crazy enough to try this on the s85!
    Stock DME.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    I would argue that sticky is more concerned with all of us believing that money is not a problem with him... Click here to enlarge I'm sure he will be along soon to correct me.
    Everyone has limits.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    Well if you are going to dump all this money into it, may as well be a low compression stroker build, right? No sense in going "merely" 99%, need to go full retard for this build Stick.

And a 'Vette over a near one-off turbo S65? Pls. No way in hell.
    I agree, yes, full retard and the fastest BMW. That's where you get attention by being the best and number one. I already plan on that with the SC let alone pushing further with the turbos.

I think we roughly feel the turbos will give another 200 whp on top of a maxed out YSI.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    No the c7 z06
    And I'm saying no I'd rather have the C7 Stingray...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    And I'm saying no I'd rather have the C7 Stingray...
    Oh. ok.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    @Sales@Gintani.com -- Couple general questions about the kit:
    1. Excluding Injectors, is the Stock Motor kit running a factory fuel system? At what point is an aftermarket fuel system necessary? I know with the stock motor 650 BHP supercharger kits, fueling is pretty tapped out so E85 tuning on the stock motor might be too much for the factory fuel system.
    2. Can the Turbo Manifold be mated to the current X-Pipe options? Or is a TT-kit specific midpipe necessary?
    3. How is the DCT responding to the new, significant increase in low-end TQ? I assume this would require exclusive Gintani software to avoid fault codes/limp modes during WOT pulls.

Thanks in advance, congrats on bringing the TT-S65 one step closer to public release.
    1. Excluding Injectors, is the Stock Motor kit running a factory fuel system? At what point is an aftermarket fuel system necessary? I know with the stock motor 650 BHP supercharger kits, fueling is pretty tapped out so E85 tuning on the stock motor might be too much for the factory fuel system.
    Yes, we are running a factory fuel system. When the car reaches beyond 650whp on a DynoJet, we recommend a complete aftermarket fuel system. You cannot tune E85 on the factory fuel system, it is just not enough flow from the factory fuel pump.
    2. Can the Turbo Manifold be mated to the current X-Pipe options? Or is a TT-kit specific midpipe necessary?
    Our TT Kit will include the downpipes from the turbos which end up sitting where the factory CATs would sit originally so you can modify your X-pipe to be used with our downpipes.
    3. How is the DCT responding to the new, significant increase in low-end TQ? I assume this would require exclusive Gintani software to avoid fault codes/limp modes during WOT pulls.
    Our TT Kit is running on a 6 speed manual, but the factory DCT should have no problem with the current setup we will offer. We will have proper software to run the TT Kit to avoid fault codes/limp modes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Impressive. Turbos is always the way to go.. I'll be more interested when this kit is touching 1000whp. For now, its stout. Just not fast enough.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SexiPYm3 Click here to enlarge
    Impressive. Turbos is always the way to go.. I'll be more interested when this kit is touching 1000whp. For now, its stout. Just not fast enough.
    It's a stock internal kit... everything starts somewhere. If you want to see 1000+ you can pay attention to my car then. If 130+ trap speeds aren't 'fast' enough what is?

Speaking as someone who actually has ridden in the car, it's plenty fast. How much more do you need? It's hard enough to put 600+ down with much more torque ramping in early. It's fun as hell though!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's a stock internal kit... everything starts somewhere. If you want to see 1000+ you can pay attention to my car then. If 130+ trap speeds aren't 'fast' enough what is?

Speaking as someone who actually has ridden in the car, it's plenty fast. How much more do you need? It's hard enough to put 600+ down with much more torque ramping in early. It's fun as hell though!
    Oh I know its only a stock motor kit for now... Just saying that I like it, but I would need more power from it to walk away from a turbo S54, which make loads more power. I'm sure in time things will change. I believe it is $#@! loads of fun.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SexiPYm3 Click here to enlarge
    Oh I know its only a stock motor kit for now... Just saying that I like it, but I would need more power from it to walk away from a turbo S54, which make loads more power. I'm sure in time things will change. I believe it is $#@! loads of fun.
    This is going to be the king of M3 performance. I love the S54 but it simply can't make up for the displacement and redline advantages of the V8.

Throw in the DCT and well... the game is over.

That said nothing wrong with a turbo E46 M3 it's an awesome car. I've been saying the S65 and really the S85 is the top dog for a long time. Finally the aftermarket is catching up to the potential. It took a while for the S54 too and it still is being tweaked on the stock DME.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is going to be the king of M3 performance. I love the S54 but it simply can't make up for the displacement and redline advantages of the V8.

Throw in the DCT and well... the game is over.

That said nothing wrong with a turbo E46 M3 it's an awesome car. I've been saying the S65 and really the S85 is the top dog for a long time. Finally the aftermarket is catching up to the potential. It took a while for the S54 too and it still is being tweaked on the stock DME.
    No doubt it has potential to be the King... But for now, its not. DCT isn't proven to hold huge power yet. I need to see several e9x M3s holding big power and for an extensive time, for me to believe its reliable. As of now, the S54 has many 1000+ who cars that are reliable. In time, we will see. Regardless, I am very impressed with the new turbo kit thus far. Its been a long time coming.
    For now, S54 is the top dog. S65 and S85 fall somewhere behind at like 3rd or 4th for now!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast