Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

BEST Disassembler for .PRG files

Disassembler for BEST object files (.PRG) for research.
    BESTDIS_v1.0.0.zip

If you don't know what BEST is, PRG files are, a disassembler is, and how to read assembly languages then there is nothing to see here, move along. Click here to enlarge

This is a product of boredom and isn't terribly useful unless you are learning BEST or researching ECU behaviors/protocol interfaces beyond staring at random bytes. Expect bugs; I wrote this in two days rather sloppily and quickly with limited testing, but it is good enough for basic use. Full source is included so you can build it yourself and fix bugs. The resulting disassembled files can be reassembled with BEST1.

Enjoy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

I mean no offense but I won't download or open a zip from somebody I do not know. However, since you included the source I'm sure there is nothing to worry about here.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

None taken. I feel the same way about random EXEs, even from people I know, as those tend to be the worst. I use an offline VM and trash/revert it if I'm experimenting with something untrustworthy. And when there is source, I inspect it and build it myself; paranoid I know, but safest way to go.

In this case I've only included the binary for convenience and the less paranoid folks, but in retrospect, if you can't manage to build this project from source, you would probably be hopelessly lost by the tool's output anyway.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks,
    this is a really great tool, I have disassembled already some prg files, the resulting information is very interesting.
    But where could I find a documentation about the assembly opcodes? There seems to be none in the ediabas package ...

Ulrich