Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 35 of 35
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,727
    Rep Points
    31,540.7
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rawad1017 Click here to enlarge
    i8 M with a S whatever TT V12 + small electric motor for instant torque, 3100 lb curb weight
    Well people can dream.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    974
    Rep Points
    442.4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    You guys crack me up.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    1,076
    Rep Points
    908.3
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    people think i'm crazy when i tell them the i8 is a potential Mclaren F1 platform
    '08 535xi - fbo

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,727
    Rep Points
    31,540.7
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rawad1017 Click here to enlarge
    people think i'm crazy when i tell them the i8 is a potential Mclaren F1 platform
    Well that's because it definitely isn't on that level.

    It's light though and has more potential than what they are doing with it.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    1,076
    Rep Points
    908.3
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well that's because it definitely isn't on that level.

    It's light though and has more potential than what they are doing with it.
    in terms of engineering talent no but in terms of performance yes..come on now twin turbo high displacement v12 will put out a lot.. the only onstacle is $$$
    '08 535xi - fbo

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,727
    Rep Points
    31,540.7
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rawad1017 Click here to enlarge
    in terms of engineering talent no but in terms of performance yes..come on now twin turbo high displacement v12 will put out a lot.. the only onstacle is $$$
    Well yes but also the chassis apparently isn't all that stiff which is why they are struggling with the spyder. They made it so light to handle the batteries its pretty soft. M would need to reinforce it quite a bit.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    1,076
    Rep Points
    908.3
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    the whole point of m used to be reinforced chassis lol
    '08 535xi - fbo

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,727
    Rep Points
    31,540.7
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rawad1017 Click here to enlarge
    the whole point of m used to be reinforced chassis lol
    Yeah well tell that to 'i'

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    93
    Rep Points
    88.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    the demand for high end sedan is there. the7series, S class and A8 are selling really well elsewhere in the world, especiallyin China; while moving form a 7series or S class to a Ghost maybe too much ofan upgrade or high profile for some; moving from a 7series to a 9series couldbe a very natural progression. they just have find the right price bracket for this thing.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,727
    Rep Points
    31,540.7
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mm28 Click here to enlarge
    the demand for high end sedan is there. the7series, S class and A8 are selling really well elsewhere in the world, especiallyin China; while moving form a 7series or S class to a Ghost maybe too much ofan upgrade or high profile for some; moving from a 7series to a 9series couldbe a very natural progression. they just have find the right price bracket for this thing.
    You could be right, maybe this thing will squeeze into a niche. We will see.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •