Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    6
    Rep Points
    4.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    BMS DP Fix Unavailable, Need new solution

    I have catless downpipes and the JB4 installed in my E90 335i. My NJ state inspection is due this month and I need help with figuring out how to pass the OBD2 part of the inspection that checks for O2 sensor readiness. I have read about the BMS downpipe fix, but apparently it is next to impossible to get one now for some reason. Do any of you have any ideas on how I can pass inspection without having to put my stock downpipes back on? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    883
    Rep Points
    1,435.2
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    CP-E sells one. Looks just like the bms v3 dp fix.

    http://cp-e.com/webstore/product/bmw-n54-xcat/

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    1,989
    Rep Points
    2,386.1
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ebayking90 Click here to enlarge
    I have catless downpipes and the JB4 installed in my E90 335i. My NJ state inspection is due this month and I need help with figuring out how to pass the OBD2 part of the inspection that checks for O2 sensor readiness. I have read about the BMS downpipe fix, but apparently it is next to impossible to get one now for some reason. Do any of you have any ideas on how I can pass inspection without having to put my stock downpipes back on? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

    What happens if you fail the NJ state inspection????????
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    6
    Rep Points
    4.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    I can get a $180 ticket.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    1,989
    Rep Points
    2,386.1
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ebayking90 Click here to enlarge
    I can get a $180 ticket.
    so....

    isnt it less hassle and easier to fail and pay a 180 ticket

    whats the big deal about that? what am i missing? the dp fix might cost that much in time and effort anyway?
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    6
    Rep Points
    4.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    CP-E sells one. Looks just like the bms v3 dp fix.
    Thanks, you can close this thread.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    6
    Rep Points
    4.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    No, because I can keep getting pulled over and keep receiving that same ticket. If I can install the JB4 myself (which I did), how is putting the DP fix in the same area not worth the time or money?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    1,989
    Rep Points
    2,386.1
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ebayking90 Click here to enlarge
    No, because I can keep getting pulled over and keep receiving that same ticket. If I can install the JB4 myself (which I did), how is putting the DP fix in the same area not worth the time or money?
    idk was just asking?
    idk how much the dp fix cost and what it entails to installl.. not bashing lol just curious. id personally yolo it and pay the fine unless im missing something?

    Why would u keep getting pulled over?

    i got in trouble for trying to pump my own gas there... strange state
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Houston under a book
    Posts
    1,337
    Rep Points
    2,501.9
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    26


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    What happens if you fail the NJ state inspection????????
    In California I hear they still hang you...

    Take your "I'm so cool I live in Florida where the government is friendly to cars and we have no such thing as emissions and we have awesome beaches and fast cars and girls in bikini's are given away with the purchase of Florida Orange Juice" rhetoric somewhere else. Click here to enlarge

    We're not all jealous or anything... no, never. Definitely not. Nope.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    883
    Rep Points
    1,435.2
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    so....

    isnt it less hassle and easier to fail and pay a 180 ticket

    whats the big deal about that? what am i missing? the dp fix might cost that much in time and effort anyway?
    You guys in Florida have it easy. In CA and I'm sure in most states you don't pass emissions, you don't get your registration sticker for your plate.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    1,989
    Rep Points
    2,386.1
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    In California I hear they still hang you...

    Take your "I'm so cool I live in Florida where the government is friendly to cars and we have no such thing as emissions and we have awesome beaches and fast cars and girls in bikini's are given away with the purchase of Florida Orange Juice" rhetoric somewhere else. Click here to enlarge

    We're not all jealous or anything... no, never. Definitely not. Nope.
    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    You guys in Florida have it easy. In CA and I'm sure in most states you don't pass emissions, you don't get your registration sticker for your plate.
    what a mess lol
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,958
    Rep Points
    2,641.0
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge



    what a mess lol
    My inspection has been up for over a year in NY ... lost my cat fix , been yoloing it but its the complete wrong color now... cops spot this from a mile away... so far so good but ill prob get one tomorrow for opening my mouth.. def a better idea to have an inspection than to not have one
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    277
    Rep Points
    671.0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Wait until 2 years when they dont let you renew the registration cause the dmv notices theres no inspection records for the vin. Had this happen with the mini, was a royal pain in the ass

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,930
    Rep Points
    921.6
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Meanwhile in Florida....

    Click here to enlarge
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

    Click here to enlarge

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,797
    Rep Points
    31,559.9
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Awesome picture.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    22
    Rep Points
    16.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    CPe is out of stock. Need something to get my plate sticker!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    215
    Rep Points
    331.7
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I have one that I can work out rental for. Just PM me and we can work out the details.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,198
    Rep Points
    1,800.2
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Good thing I kept my OEM catted DPs, worst case when I come up for inspection I can reinstall them.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    644
    Rep Points
    684.9
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Murph335 Click here to enlarge
    CPe is out of stock. Need something to get my plate sticker!
    Didn't some guy post up deets on throwing some wires and a pot resistor together? I'm way too lazy to find that article. Someone might.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    112
    Rep Points
    181.3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    Didn't some guy post up deets on throwing some wires and a pot resistor together? I'm way too lazy to find that article. Someone might.
    This

    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...n-sensor-tuner

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Houston under a book
    Posts
    1,337
    Rep Points
    2,501.9
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    26


    Reputation: Yes | No
    If you have the codes disabled in the flash, you can oftentimes pass inspections with one monitor not ready as long as the other ones are "ready". It depends on the local requirements.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    51
    Rep Points
    84.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I know it doesn't exist today, but is it outside of the realm of possibilities for a software (flash) fix to force readiness of all monitors? I've only seen hardware fixes up until this point to spoof the signal.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    99
    Rep Points
    131.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    If you have the codes disabled in the flash, you can oftentimes pass inspections with one monitor not ready as long as the other ones are "ready". It depends on the local requirements.
    Just passed inspection this way the other week.
    2008 AW 6MT | Hexon RR550 | Supporting mods and such

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Naples, FL
    Posts
    2,086
    Rep Points
    2,142.2
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    In California I hear they still hang you...

    Take your "I'm so cool I live in Florida where the government is friendly to cars and we have no such thing as emissions and we have awesome beaches and fast cars and girls in bikini's are given away with the purchase of Florida Orange Juice" rhetoric somewhere else. Click here to enlarge

    We're not all jealous or anything... no, never. Definitely not. Nope.
    If you want to join us, I can find you that perfect house Click here to enlarge

    Goodluck man!




  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,857
    Rep Points
    3,642.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I'm pretty sure cobb (through a flash) can make it so you don't need the dp fix and still pass nj inspection. I can't remember if I had my dp fix in on my 335 when I passed but I eventually took it out bc cobb can make it so you have no check engine. Not sure if that will pass inspection though.
    @Ak335i if he doesn't pass inspection he can't drive his car in nj. He'll get a ticket every time a cop passes him.

    OP- look on the for sale sections, I'm pretty sure you may find one from a part out if your patient. I think I just threw mine out when I switched to cobb lol
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •