Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    PICS OR GTFO....wait. nvm.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Can't wait to see how it does on the dyno. You can experiment with E85 but at higher power levels it's sketchy. Might make sense to dyno tune it for straight 100 unleaded only to start.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    To me it takes the fun out of it when your car is down forever trying to build some crazy build.
    Shut up.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rdeterman Click here to enlarge
    Any plans on marketing the kit?
    Yes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    You'll want to swap that DMFW for a SMFW. some say the steel FW doesn't chatter that much but I disagree. Any amount of chatter in my $55k car was unacceptable. I had an aluminum one and it sounded horrible. My buddy has a steel one and it still chatters. More than I'd find acceptable on a BMW.

Clutch wise though, the Spec Stage 3+ was a real solid piece. Prob the best among the choices available.
    Yea, I already have my mind send on the stage 3+ with the steel SMFW. I'm just waiting to see how this keeps up cause it ain't slipping and hasn't really caused any problems yet!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Can't wait to see how it does on the dyno. You can experiment with E85 but at higher power levels it's sketchy. Might make sense to dyno tune it for straight 100 unleaded only to start.
    Yep, I'll log the 19 psi tonight so we'll see how it goes. I'll try and get the 3.5 bar map sensor before the dyno session so we can see it at it's best for now. I don't really like methanol so I'm going to try an avoid that for now.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yes.
    How do you like the thread good sir?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    How do you like the thread good sir?
    I like it. Now where's my MONEY!?!?! lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I like it. Now where's my MONEY!?!?! lol
    I have it LOL, just waiting on some things on the website and stuff. I thought I could have finished but dude, I totally understand how you're awake and working all the time. This internet website making stuff is not easy at all.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I totally understand how you're awake and working all the time. This internet website making stuff is not easy at all.
    It really isn't easy (especially when things crash) but people just think I sit in front my computer playing games all day. I just have to laugh when my friends say I don't understand how hard their work is. Yeah, uh huh, I bet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It really isn't easy (especially when things crash) but people just think I sit in front my computer playing games all day. I just have to laugh when my friends say I don't understand how hard their work is. Yeah, uh huh, I bet.
    Pretty much man, I thought I would have this all done 4 months ago LOL. Not a chance, it just takes so much time you don't even realize it.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Shut up.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Well done dude. Looks awesome. I won't make it over for the next shift sector but you'll have to take me for a ride next time im in LA.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    6465 comp or turbonetics?

Tuned on straight JB4 or does it have a flash as well ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dirty Dog Click here to enlarge
    Well done dude. Looks awesome. I won't make it over for the next shift sector but you'll have to take me for a ride next time im in LA.
    Thanks man, I really appreciate it. I will most definitely give you a ride when you come back in the states.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CannonFodder Click here to enlarge
    6465 comp or turbonetics?

Tuned on straight JB4 or does it have a flash as well ?
    Comp 6465 triple ball bearing, billet wheel, T4 twin scroll 3" Vband discharge .84AR. JB4 with single turbo hex, as well as single turbo back end flash. They work together and do one hell of a job.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You're going to need more octane to really push the boost. Since high ethanol mixtures aren't ideal for the platform yet I'd say no matter how you feel about meth you're going to need it to really push that turbo. I love meth with the jb4. I really don't see the issue.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Oh yeah! Click here to enlarge

Waiting for that kit/gb.
    Last edited by e90Mark; 04-07-2014 at 10:53 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    You're going to need more octane to really push the boost. Since high ethanol mixtures aren't ideal for the platform yet I'd say no matter how you feel about meth you're going to need it to really push that turbo. I love meth with the jb4. I really don't see the issue.
    We will find out soon and see what the limits will be this Friday.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e90Mark Click here to enlarge
    Oh yeah! Click here to enlarge

Waiting for that kit/gb.
    Thank you for your support. I will have to follow rules as I am not a vendor yet, so this is just a kit with information.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Where's the 19psi log...It's "tonight" Click here to enlarge

Nice job getting sh!t done.....congrats!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice design, love twinscrolls. Your snapshot log looks solid for E50 at 17psi, good work man. Shocked it's holding your afr targets with that much ethanol, awesome.
    Last edited by V8Bait; 04-08-2014 at 02:19 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SteveAZ Click here to enlarge
    Where's the 19psi log...It's "tonight" Click here to enlarge

Nice job getting sh!t done.....congrats!
    Haha, sorry brotha. I'm nocturnal so my nights are long. Take a look at that vid I posted and look at the time, I believe it will say 3:45am LOL. But your wish is my command, and I shall deliver.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    Nice design, love twinscrolls. Your snapshot log looks solid for E50 at 17psi, good work man. Shocked it's holding your afr targets with that much ethanol, awesome.
    Thank you sir, it has to do with great tuning and good hardware design. The 19 psi logs look great too. Just one thing @Terry@BMS and I will need to work on is why I'm not hitting target boost exactly.

The AFR, Timing, HPFP all look solid and this is with the same tank of gas as I took with the logs last night. There is no discrepancy.

I post this for anyone who likes Datazap and or wants to download the file they don't need to ask me:
    http://datazap.me/u/fastgti69/n54-si...bo-19-psi-logs

These aren't the best logs, but it was hard to find space. The car is not really that easy to handle either, you need to be awake LOL.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Haha, sorry brotha. I'm nocturnal so my nights are long. Take a look at that vid I posted and look at the time, I believe it will say 3:45am LOL. But your wish is my command, and I shall deliver.
    You and me both...try and find a 9am post from me...not gonna happen.

Nice job on "delivering"...tried to rep ya but I can't Click here to enlarge

Anyway, I don't think you're going to really start seeing fueling issues until you pick up about another 3 to 5 tenths of a second in your third gear accelerations. Right now you're (understandably) pretty conservative and things look good despite you running that rich. But the reality is you aren't making any where near the power you're going to make. Add to that the fact that you're a little slower to make power and you're just delaying the inevitable....especially targeting AFR's that rich on E50.

Congrats though, looks like you're on track and it's going to be interesting when you really start laying down the power. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is it the turbo size or something else but 07Tundra's car on the other post seems more responsive and more violent up top. More boost maybe?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For any log you'd want to look at PWM. You can raise FF to raise PWM further, but at such a low target and high PWM, I'd guess you have a WG line issue. It should be configured using the top and bottom vents, and 0-100% PWM should go from 1x to 4x the wastegate spring. At 50% you should be able to make 24psi on 12psi springs, for example.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SteveAZ Click here to enlarge
    You and me both...try and find a 9am post from me...not gonna happen.

Nice job on "delivering"...tried to rep ya but I can't Click here to enlarge

Anyway, I don't think you're going to really start seeing fueling issues until you pick up about another 3 to 5 tenths of a second in your third gear accelerations. Right now you're (understandably) pretty conservative and things look good despite you running that rich. But the reality is you aren't making any where near the power you're going to make. Add to that the fact that you're a little slower to make power and you're just delaying the inevitable....especially targeting AFR's that rich on E50.

Congrats though, looks like you're on track and it's going to be interesting when you really start laying down the power. Click here to enlarge
    Thanks man, and holy cow. This is crazy fast already and I'm not near the power I'm going to make LOL wow. I wanna try full E85... Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dixchen Click here to enlarge
    Is it the turbo size or something else but 07Tundra's car on the other post seems more responsive and more violent up top. More boost maybe?
    Well, not to take anything from his build or anything. He did a first gear pull, and in any car a first gear pull is pretty violent Click here to enlarge. I believe he was on full e85 too, I'm not exactly sure about the boost.

Target boost on my car is 17 psi but logs show I'm at 15-16 psi. I will get better videos shortly, there is no comparison though a single turbo will be a handful.

For any log you'd want to look at PWM. You can raise FF to raise PWM further, but at such a low target and high PWM, I'd guess you have a WG line issue. It should be configured using the top and bottom vents, and 0-100% PWM should go from 1x to 4x the wastegate spring. At 50% you should be able to make 24psi on 12psi springs, for example.
    I didn't raise the FF, It was adjusted to 86. I'll raise it to 100 and try it out to see if I hit target boost tonight. Do I have to change anything else?

I'll double check the lines, AFAIK all should be good and correct.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It adjusts itself. You can also view it in the CSV header.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It adjusts itself. You can also view it in the CSV header.
    Yep, that's why I left it alone just to see if it was enough with the 19psi map 6 logs. I'll raise it tonight to 120 and try it out.
    Burger Motorsports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast