Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    u want the 93 oct flash?
    Well I am just curious to know what is different in the single turbo flash file vs the pump flash file..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by aflatau Click here to enlarge
    Well I don't have that flash file, do you think you can upload it?
    http://www.gulfup.com/?aP7S92

press the icon under the green arrow, it's for 6AT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well I am just curious to know what is different in the single turbo flash file vs the pump flash file..
    gigabytes and algorythyms
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Alright this is what you do.

First thing first, the flash needs to happen, the JB4 is now just a glorified boost controller with built in safeties, logging. Its nothing more then that so keep that in mind.

Some hardware things to make sure is correct, make sure your MAC solenoid is hooked up like this:

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...c1d13856-1.jpg

Once that is correctly hooked up do this:

1. Make sure you have a backup of your current ECU somewhere so you have that for later use if needed.
    2. Hookup the BT cable to your car, and flash the base JB4-PUMP flash, don't use any other maps.. Stick with this one.
    3. Once that is flashed, start the car to make sure its good to go. With this flash it will turn off all the o2 sensors codes and etc to prevent ses lights.
    4. Once you have established that the car is running, turn it off and flash the JB4 with the single turbo hex firmware.
    5. Once the firmware has been upgraded. Connect up your jb4 and set the following settings: CPS2000 set that to 6, CPS2500 set that to 1 and make sure CPS1500 is set to 0 if you are not running meth.
    6. Next set the following, under the default wastegate postion set that to 25 if its a twin scroll or 40 if its a single scroll setup. Also set the FF to 80 as a starting point. Now for the Boost Saftey set it to about 3 psi higher then your wastegate spring for now.. Just incase you over boost you have that safety to prevent it. So for example if you have a 12psi spring in there, set it to 15psi.
    7. Once you have set those settings, hit save and start up the car.
    8. If you have a 2STEP/NLS relay, i would highly suggest disabling that.. I ran into issues with mine so I just turned it off for now.
    9. Set the JB4 to map4 which is just wastegate spring and cruise around, do some minor pulls in lower gears to make sure there is no hiccups.
    10. If you pass that, go on the highway or whatever and start logging, and do some solid 3rd gear pulls starting at 40mph, rev it all the way out.. Only do 3rd gear to start.
    11. Once you have pulled over. Look at your logs and see how you stand.
    12. Once you have established you are good to go on wastegate switch to map 1 and repeat the process of logging.

Now here are some things you need to look out for from my personal experience. Depending on the turbo at about 16 psi I would get timing drops on just 93 octane. So monitor your timing to see if you get any timing drops.

Also keep a close eye on your AFR's, fuel trims, HPFP pressure, LPFP pressure. These are the things you need to learn and what you will moditify with TunerPro.

Try that to start, and post up your logs. I will take a personal look and share my experience that I have learned so far. But please note that I am no tuner, or a pro at this.. Just sharing what I have already been trough and try to save you the headaches that I have had.

Also, you can forget any support from Terry regarding single turbos, just pay attention to the single turbo thread and post up any questions on there, he will get to them when he can. You are on your own now.
    Thanks, I do have the ST firmware for the JB4 and the backend flash ready to go
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    You're original post states you are not sure what the backend flash is doing... I was very surprised to see that as I am sure Tony was too.. you should really have a firm understanding of what does what and know at least the basics of your car's tuning system.

I think it is the way you worded it that makes it seem like you really didn't have an understanding on the situation. But you followed up with briefly hitting a majority of the bigger functions it controls...

But i agree with Tony 100% , if you are a amateur tuner or a motivated newbie trying to learn , I wouldnt be doing anything but running waste-gate boost and very little timing and get someone to tune your car and just take it all in.

It sucks that the flat line issue is such a big deal with AT bc the knowledge of how to eliminate the loss of massive hp post shift leaves many people with knowledge of tuning with a lot left to learn about our n54... Im pretty sure T is in the $#@!tiest position with stress that hes ever been in and its clear hes taking a few steps back during this situation... You can not fault him at all... Ask him who he would recommend he is very forthcoming and will never stear anyone down the wrong path.

Good luck dude... hope you can find a dedicated tuner until than enjoy it at low boost and 8-10 degrees of timing... just my .02
    I appreciate your input. The only reason I asked what it was doing is because of the answer Terry had given me, now that V8Bait has given the information that the ST backend is very similar to the stock/upgraded turbo backends than all should be good now. I was running the "stack tune" before on FBO.

BTW, I was in no way not happy with Tony's reply, didn't want to sound like I wasn't, he just didn't answer my question lol. I appreciate any and all input.

And I totally understand what Terry is dealing with right now, and I already believe and have actually told him before I think he does too much for free. I mean there has literally been no additional cost for guys going from stock turbos to upgraded RB or VTT S2, or single turbo. I mean, $#@!, go on another platform and you'd be getting dinged a couple hundred bucks each time.

I probably could bother Terry some more but I don't find it necessary, so I just started this thread to get the most up to date info from everyone, and it's working out great TBH.

Repping everyone I can! If no rep it's cause I'm out or already repped ya'll in another thread.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I did some quick comparisons after I downloaded the BB Flash and the back ends for it a couple months ago, I only took a quick look at the timing table, but it was different. TunerPro makes it pretty easy to compare "maps"

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well I don't have that flash file, do you think you can upload it?
    I also uploaded into the downloads section of this forum Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    X2
    worst case, i have a BB flash for pump gas and ~18psi and race gas and ~27psi from Terry incase i decide to go down that road that i can send u (at your own risk) if you so desire
    Yeah, I wouldn't mind having your maps. Remember 27 psi on your turbo and 27 psi on my turbo will be two different things...lol

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Sick to see your thread finally coming together bro, have fun and drive safely… Especially tomorrow when you get reckless on the way home Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    I did some quick comparisons after I downloaded the BB Flash and the back ends for it a couple months ago, I only took a quick look at the timing table, but it was different. TunerPro makes it pretty easy to compare "maps"
    Yeah afr and timing tables will be different of course, but having done custom turbo setups on unique engines that were not turbo from the factory... in some cases in cars they weren't original in... it just feels to easy. If all you're changing is base afr/timing/load from a basic backend to get a single running decent (with a jb4 that is), maybe remove a few additional codes, that to me is incredible. Why I used to do things the hard way is beyond me and I never will again lol. This platform spoils us.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great Thread! Will be using this soon Click here to enlarge.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Single turbo setup can be a little bit of a headache party because everyone is using different kits but everything one needs to tune it is out there. Important "steps" (in my opinion) are getting it running properly off the wastegate spring (e.g. map 4) as a starting point before working on boost control, and on the tuning end recognizing that the single turbos take a lot less advance than twins all else being equal. I'll post the single turbo back end flash to the JB4 control thread on n54tech. I think it's close enough now for most to use it as a starting point.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Single turbo setup can be a little bit of a headache party because everyone is using different kits but everything one needs to tune it is out there. Important "steps" (in my opinion) are getting it running properly off the wastegate spring (e.g. map 4) as a starting point before working on boost control, and on the tuning end recognizing that the single turbos take a lot less advance than twins all else being equal. I'll post the single turbo back end flash to the JB4 control thread on n54tech. I think it's close enough now for most to use it as a starting point.
    Awesome Terry, thanks for posting, I know things are a bit crazy for you right now, that's why I didn't bother emailing you or anything. I'll keep an eye out for when you post it and upload the latest version to this forums' downloads for ya.

Hope everything is working out and going smooth now and CARB off your back...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

+ Rep if i could. Thank you I would like to look at that flash map.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Thanks again for the Email last night and remembering that I have K-line without me even mentioning it. Really show you something about customer service.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12