Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Vargas Stage 1 Dyno Results

Disclaimer this is not my car, this was posted up over at those other forums and I am not sure if he is a member over here and the data is to good not to post.

Copied and pasted from other forum:
    My dyno vid. The heart breaker Mustang dyno calculated 414WHP and 460 WTQ. Guy said to add 15% to get Dynojet numbers which is 476WHP and 529WTQ. Density altitude was also 5800 ft that day! I was not expecting any HUGE power gains from the stage one upgrade put I think 470WHP is pretty damn good for the altitude i'm at and if anyone is curious about the turbo install, it took me 15 straight hours putting those suckers in. Big PITA but worth the knuckle busters.

HUGE THANKS to Terry Burger and Tony Vargas. Both of these guys have given me unbeatable customer service the past few weeks. Great experience working with both of you and I highly recommend them.

Mods are as follows:
    - 08 135i N54
    - Vargas Stage 1 Turbos with Billet wheels
    - BMS Intake, BMS Charge pipe,AR DPs, Stock mids, berk race muffler delete
    - JB4 G5 Map 3 75 Meth Additive with RACE DME flash
    - MS-109 and 100% meth injection (Single CM12 nozzle)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l2Op_XonQA
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_l2Op_XonQA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Click here to enlarge

These seem to hold boost very well and taper off much more slowly than stock turbos. If you look at the log he is hitting close to 17.5 lbs of boost at 7k. A ton more than what you are able to hit on stock turbos (15 tops IIRC).
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow that's pretty good!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah and thats not even on e85 which is likely good for a bit more power, it looks like the HPFP is hanging in well on his current fuel choice though. I personally will not spend that much on fuel on a daily basis but it seems the HPFP loves the stuff.
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    STG1s…are those larger comp wheels, untouched turbine side? I’ll check Tony’s website.
    Great numbers, but would wonder about backpressure and shelf life if the wheels haven’t been touched. But def appears to be a solid upgrade over stock turbos.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks good but pushing 17.5psi at 7k rpms is asking for another 18 hour turbo replacement. Just because the turbos can hold it and hit boost doesn't mean its good for them. Need to see the dyno chart to see how efficient the hp is at the 7k rpm area to see if it is even worth pushing to 17.5.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    you can not go by that conversion factor.. many mustang dynos actually read high as well due to calibrations, inputs on your cars weight, gearing etc...

However you car is clearly running well as the formula is there... boost + solid timing = power that we are aware of...

The map3 curve is universal but its nice to see them hold that boost level...

sooo moral of the story is go get a trap speed Click here to enlarge hehe
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah as I said this isnt my car and I dont know the owner. He just posted it up on that other forum and I didnt think he also posted over here. I was pretty impressed with the initial data.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Impressive. I've got these currently on my FBO 1M but yet to have it dynoed. All I can say is I'm very happy with them. Tony knows the deal when it comes to turbos.
    Trebilabackend/JB4 - VVT stage 1 - CP-e downpipes - wagner evo2 FMIC - ER charge pipe - Forge diverter valves - BMS DCI - n55 mids - evolve race exhaust - KWv3 - Quaife diff - huge 8 pots Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah, that's pretty good, Vargas testing showed 471whp I believe on their own set when they did the Stage 1 release. That's pretty damn good if you ask me, especially when RB's and VTT S2B2 are having to be pushed pretty hard to see 500whp, and are said to only be reliable in the 480-490 whp range.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    BMS's E92 did 481whp on stock turbos. I found the thread on Terry's forum. Doesn't make the Stage 1 seem that much better.
    Last edited by cleancutx; 04-04-2014 at 02:20 PM. Reason: typo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    That is one solid log. Looks very promising and a very nice price for turbos for sure. Now if we could only get more data on the ST2B2 turbos.......
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cleancutx Click here to enlarge
    BMS's E92 did 481whp on stock turbos. I found the thread on Terry's forum. Doesn't make the Stage 1 seem that much better.

Ya but how long did it hold the power for??? Exactly.

Peak numbers are great but the powerband is what matters.

This car is pushing 17psi to redline. That's pretty good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I understand... Area under the curve.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by triggz Click here to enlarge
    Ya but how long did it hold the power for??? Exactly.

Peak numbers are great but the powerband is what matters.

This car is pushing 17psi to redline. That's pretty good.
    E92-6MT | ACT 6-puck | VTT Inlets + BMS DCI | BMS JB4 G5 ISO | BMS Flash | AA catback | VRSF DP | ETS CP | TiAL BOV | 'BigTom' FMIC | Fuel-It! Stg2 | VTT Stg1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    This guy was honestly such a pleasure to work with. He was very quick to install and get numbers as he promised he would, most people never do that even if they say they will. To answer the questions above, these are bigger billet GTX style wheels, with a 7 degree clipped turbine, the clipped turbines and bigger comp wheels will give them a lot more ability to hold boost as the clipping helps cut back pressure down. Glad to see he got this info up so quickly. I will tell you this, we haven't been able to keep stage 1's in stock, they are selling better than just about anything else right now. Everyone who gets them is happy..Click here to enlarge We are very happy to see some more numbers..Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    This guy was honestly such a pleasure to work with. He was very quick to install and get numbers as he promised he would, most people never do that even if they say they will. To answer the questions above, these are bigger billet GTX style wheels, with a 7 degree clipped turbine, the clipped turbines and bigger comp wheels will give them a lot more ability to hold boost as the clipping helps cut back pressure down. Glad to see he got this info up so quickly. I will tell you this, we haven't been able to keep stage 1's in stock, they are selling better than just about anything else right now. Everyone who gets them is happy..Click here to enlarge We are very happy to see some more numbers..Click here to enlarge
    Turbos look good man!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Would these turbos be okay with holding 16-17 psi to redline over time? the billet wheel upgrade must help keep shaft speeds down right? (that's what she said lol) Either way, those results are most impressive, and that car+owner looks to me like a happy camper!
    2008 e92 335i: JB4 G5 ISO/BMS back end flash, fbo, e85, inlets, Rb turbos, level 10 valve body + converter, water/methanol.....and a lot more....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    bump for updates
    2008 e92 335i: JB4 G5 ISO/BMS back end flash, fbo, e85, inlets, Rb turbos, level 10 valve body + converter, water/methanol.....and a lot more....