Close

Thread: BB Flash issues

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

BB Flash issues

Alright, I just spent the past 2+ hours trying to re-flash my car, and kept getting the dreaded Bad DAF/ Map Error. Of course I have the suck of the suck K-line 07.

Anyways I bought some hardcore battery charger, hooked that up and still got that error with my backed up ECU file.

So I went ahead and tried using the BMS JB4 G5 Pump flash file, and it fired right up, no more issues.. so a couple noob questions here.

Using this file - will I run into any issues since its not my original ECU file?

The whole reason why I was re-flashing it with a complete write was to code out these stupid DTML SES lights I am getting, I replaced the pump today w a brand new one. still getting those lights.. So with that in mind - do I need to do a whole rewrite to code out stuff, or can I just do a partial write?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

If you are going from someone else's BIN you always need a full write, if it's just a change to whichever bin is loaded fast is fine. I have almost forgotten how dismal it was to flash before I got my new computer, only every other flash would complete without failure. When I'd get an error, I'd usually try a force write, which would fubar everything up. The point of that was then I'd disconnect the battery and do normal full write, which after the battery disconnect would typically work. That was the procedure for anything other than partial writes once upon a time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    If you are going from someone else's BIN you always need a full write, if it's just a change to whichever bin is loaded fast is fine. I have almost forgotten how dismal it was to flash before I got my new computer, only every other flash would complete without failure. When I'd get an error, I'd usually try a force write, which would fubar everything up. The point of that was then I'd disconnect the battery and do normal full write, which after the battery disconnect would typically work. That was the procedure for anything other than partial writes once upon a time.
    Ok so since I did some custom toggles to disable those codes, I can just do a partial write for them to take effect? I thought a partial write only did the map of the bin, such as timing tables and etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by aflatau Click here to enlarge
    Ok so since I did some custom toggles to disable those codes, I can just do a partial write for them to take effect? I thought a partial write only did the map of the bin, such as timing tables and etc.
    That's actually a good question.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Alright, just todo an update a partial write, will INDEED update toggles for custom toggles to code out ses lights.