Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool please take a look at this log

hey guys went to the 1/4 track and had my best run to date so far.

mods are jb4 g5iso, dci, wedge e30 flash and map 3 no meth(cant run map 7 and wedge suggested map 3 and showed me how to set it up) running 50 additve boost curve.

had e35/93 mix wiht half a bottle of octaine booster.

car ran strong all night i ran a 12.2@112 with 265 30 19 street tires but i have a set of kosei k1s wit 275 40 17 mickey thompsons that will be on the next track visit.

have a look at the
    log i know my lpfp is choking and i have a 255 walboro on the way.

next mod is a vrsf ic my iats are getting way up there.
    Click here to enlarge
    http://www.datazap.me/u/shaun335i/track-runs

let me know what you guys think and thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Looks very lean to me. attach the csv file and just change the file extension to .pdf or .jpg or something you can attach on here.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

the trap speed is very low but that's an outstanding E.T. but on your tires I cant see you getting the 1.71 you would need for that?

Do you have a slip or maybe wrote the incorrect trap speed ?

Logs look good until 4th gear.. than timing flatlines badly.. if thats IAT related or not im not sure but you would need to look at a few more examples of runs to determine if its a tune related issue or lack of hardware
    Last edited by ChuckD05; 04-03-2014 at 01:19 PM.
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    Looks very lean to me. attach the csv file and just change the file extension to .pdf or .jpg or something you can attach on here.
    you can download the .csv from datazap, there's a "Download" dropdown on the page that you can grab the files from (next to 'fuel type')
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

great, thanks JP.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

CSV confirmed. Car is VERY lean. I would not continue running the car like this if you would like to keep your pistons. Your low fuel pressure gets pretty low too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Your LPFP is getting its ass kicked, and you are running lean. You need more fuel.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

I'd comment on the aggressive boost/timing curve for the afr, iat and fuel towards the end of the run but the last gear has zero advance anyway so looks... not bad. I think E50 and 93 would be better for stock intercooler and aggressive maps.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Yea i'd imagine the IAT comp tables are not happy with what they're seeing....OP you need more octane and more fuel to safely run the type of advance targets Wedge usually goes after. I would not run the car that lean targeting likely over 14 degrees with just E30. E60, perhaps but even then...not liking how it looks on the fuel side.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

yeah his LPFP is already struggling. More ethanol certainly isn't going to help. He needs to address his fueling issue.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

You guys really think other than running lean that log looks ok ? His timing is not consistant and boost is all over the place. At post shift his AFR run even more lean...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    You guys really think other than running lean that log looks ok ? His timing is not consistant and boost is all over the place. At post shift his AFR run even more lean...
    ya terrible...
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

I think that there is definite room for improvement here. Lpfp upgrade, more ethanol, richer afr's if you intend to keep the stock fmic and aggressive boost/timing, that way you can flatten the iat tables some. E50+ as rich as your hpfp can go in the meat should make up for no fmic nicely for you. But as of now, at least there was no visible knock. So it could always be worse right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have the lpfp upgrade with the walboro on its way from steveaz that way I can run more e85.

will this fix the problem?

car ran strong all night finally broke in to the 7s in the 1/8th mile.

my car has traped as high as 115 with no backend flash and map 5 with e35 but I think im losing a bit of top end power because of the timing drop in 4th gear.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

my next mod is a ic that will go in next month

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

here is a second log from the same night
    http://www.datazap.me/u/shaun335i/track-runs?log=1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shaunlsone Click here to enlarge
    I have the lpfp upgrade with the walboro on its way from steveaz that way I can run more e85.

will this fix the problem?

car ran strong all night finally broke in to the 7s in the 1/8th mile.

my car has traped as high as 115 with no backend flash and map 5 with e35 but I think im losing a bit of top end power because of the timing drop in 4th gear.
    Yes that should absolutely help, his setup is outstanding. You need more fuel, bottom line. Your stock system cannot provide the fuel required for the relatively aggressive advance and boost you are targeting. I would really, really not take the car to the strip until you richen things up a bit. The first log you posted could melt something if you aren’t careful.

After that is settled, IAT comp tables need to be hushed if you continue to run the stock front mount. Timing will never be happy with the IATs you are seeing unless you tune around it courtesy of the ethanol, or fix the problem directly courtesy of a larger intercooler.
    Click here to enlarge