Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

I got a turbo e46 323ci low compression pistons?

Vac motorsports offers a kit with low compression pistons 8:5:1rods headgasket arp headstuds the kist is rated to hold 700hp. The price is 2400 out the door which is not to bad considering the low comp pistons are 1000 a set with all the extra goodies for turbo builds. I already will be running a standalone and it will be tuned properly.But as far as the kit goes im shooting for about 400 to 450 to the wheels will that make the compression to low or should that work. As far as i understand with the lower compression you lose bottom end power but you run a far less likely chance of catastrophic failure detonation. Is this corrrect anf yes i know its a 323 with aluminium block but thats what i want. Also with the all that installed i beleive with the addition of ferrea valves it will be a solid motor till i can finish or would the stock valves be ok if i wait a few months?????

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e46323ci Click here to enlarge
    s far as i understand with the lower compression you lose bottom end power but you run a far less likely chance of catastrophic failure detonation.
    Yes you'll be able to get away with more boost on lower octane fuel but you will lose some spool time and bottom end.

Also with the all that installed i beleive with the addition of ferrea valves it will be a solid motor till i can finish or would the stock valves be ok if i wait a few months?????
    Sounds like a good plan.

Talk to @Mike@VAC and get your parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hell yeah appreciate the link how much spool time got a t3t4 on it right now running a meesly 5psi just to be safe ont stock internals plan on upgrading the turbo when the other arrives but it spools hard at 3200 rpms

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Hell yeah appreciate the link how much spool time got a t3t4 on it right now running a meesly 5psi just to be safe ont stock internals plan on upgrading the turbo when the other arrives but it spools hard at 3200 rpms
    I have no idea exactly how much spool will be affected by the compression drop other than it will be affected.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Having a issue how much boost can a stock intake manifold hold the plastic seems weak but not sure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

You should be fine for your HP level. Not sure when it breaks exactly.