Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Nitrous Help needed

I am trying to put the finishing touches on everything before I take the car to the strip for some runs. I have a thread up over on n54tech but BMS won't give any support on their JB Interface in regards to the nitrous section even though it is still there. Terry says it may not even work with the most up to date interface.I know there are a handful of nitrous users on this platform and I am just looking for some basic help with JB integration.

I have a few questions about the External Trigger Portion of the JB interface. I have nitrous wired up and ready to spray and just want to confirm a few things on this list.
    Enabled=1
    Min Meth Flow=100
    Min RPM= 4200
    Max RPM=6400
    Min TPS=100
    Shift Reduction= This is one that I need more info on, I do not want n20 to spray through shifts. Would I use 100 here to make sure that it fully cuts off pre shift?
    Min Gear=3 (no max gear? I do not want to spray in 6th. I have a cutoff switch on the dash so would that be my only option to cut nitrous in 6th)
    Min Advance= This one seems tricky to bother with since I will be running JB4 with backend flash with straight m1 meth/e60+ timing really should not be an issue here.
    Min AFR= What is recommended to make sure I do not get lean with spraying? Any advice here would be appreciated.

Mods are as follows: B4 G5 Iso Tune +Bimmerboost Backend e85 by Undercover Performance 469 WHP/491 TQ (no nitrous) Full E85 (No Meth) VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump l BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes

Bare in mind this is a very small shot of nitrous .018 jet so it is significantly smaller than typical applications.

The shift reduction question is really the one I am most focused on since I do not want nitrous active through gear changes.
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    bump for help

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the bump, its unlikely there are many out there with the data I am looking for and BMS wants nothing to do with nitrous so I may have to do some testing on my own for the few questions I have. The most important question atm is the shift reduction option, I want nitrous to deactivate between shifts and I am not sure if that means I need to go with 0 or 100 in that box. If anyone can help with that I am pretty much good to do some testing. I just really do not want n20 spraying during shifts since I am 6AT and that would be no bueno.
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    n54 motors love the spray!, I would go with an alternative controller. Don't know much more about it, but let me know what you dyno with the spray!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am considering it but the jb is so nice with all of the integration it offers without having to do more wiring.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You're the only person I've met that uses giggle juice, I'd email Terry directly for this one. And please report back with an answer, it would be nice to have some more transparency... the JB4 interface isn't always the most straightforward thing to navigate, despite appearing simple.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Terry and BMS will not respond to any nitrous questions or JB4 interface questions anymore as it is not supported. He advised me to track down some people who have used it in the past and pick their brains. Many of them have moved on to other platforms or big singles.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I'm trying to figure out how to use my jb4 to control my wet kit as well. Having a few issues.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    09 135i. Auto. BMS intake. CPE catless downpipes. HPF intercooler. BMS ww meth kit. BMS JB4/G5.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What controller are you using ?

Is it the Nitrous Express progressive ?
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I doubt the jb would be able to fully control a wet shot, perhaps I am wrong here but with BMS no longer supporting it and their forums being purged of older threads (most of the nitrous threads are pretty old) it will just take trial and error which is an awful idea when playing with nitrous. Ideally I would just walk away from the JB4 and get standalone nitrous management but I do not want to sink much more money into nitrous since I am planning to run such a small shot. I am saving for a top mount single and some potential AT swap (AT to MT or Level 10 AT). I am also going to be getting my tuning done at D3 performance engineering so that's going to be a pretty large expense.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

U can use the nitrous express progressive kit, also fit a microswitch thats active when the pedal is pushed down to overdrive, as the gearshift is about to happen pull back and physically deactivate the nitrous. The progressives work on throttle position which closes preshift but there is a bit of over run. If funds are limited just fit the microswitch.
    i had endless hastles with the Proton solenoids pictured.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    U can use the nitrous express progressive kit, also fit a microswitch thats active when the pedal is pushed down to overdrive, as the gearshift is about to happen pull back and physically deactivate the nitrous. The progressives work on throttle position which closes preshift but there is a bit of over run. If funds are limited just fit the microswitch.
    i had endless hastles with the Proton solenoids pictured.

Yeah I have the NX progressive, nice unit... will be when I install it

see

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/oldweb...imizer4ins.pdf

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    Yeah I have the NX progressive, nice unit... will be when I install it

see

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/oldweb...imizer4ins.pdf

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    I used the same one. Try not to pulse the solenoids to much.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Whatsup guys.. The wiring is quite easy after you do it Click here to enlarge
    I can help you all out with the JB4 settings I used and the cobb mapping for the flash support.

@Njz - send me a PM with your PH# and I will call you to walk to you through it. All I ask is that you post up a DIY to help everybody as I get PM's every week about how to wire up the N20 relay etc

Also, I have my JB4 G5 ISO for sale that is prewired for N20.. I also have the full nitrous express kit for sale if somebody is looking for a plug and play solution for an easy install
    For Sale:

- NX Express complete wet kit with Plug & Play fuel adapter for BMW 335i

- FBO parts here LINK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @boosted-M I have already successfully wired everything up properly and the JB is triggering the solenoids in my case. My main issues are getting the proper settings on the JB interface portion for the nitrous control. I am most concerned about the shift reduction setting and setting the timing and advance options correctly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Here's the setting that worked for me with a .28 jet. I did use a .32 once and man it felt great!.

@Njz - You will barely feel a .18 jet unless you let is activate earlier in the RPM band.. To be safe, I would activate at 4000rpms just as peak TQ starts to taper off.

FYI: This was with 1000cc of 100% meth and E65 fuel.

I would leave the ALL Maps AFR and CPS set to 0 in the JB4 User Adjustment settings.

I believe the shift reduction is how many milliseconds the n20 will activate AFTER the shift.. I had mine set to 70 and n20 kicked on after the car shifted.. I thought this would help keep the trans from slipping
    Last edited by boosted-M; 04-03-2014 at 09:28 PM.
    For Sale:

- FBO parts here LINK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome data bro thanks. Any input on the map 6 boost targets? I know with nitrous you will experience some boost creep and I wanted to see how you handled it. I am going to go to an .028 jet at some point soon, once D3 has a chance to tune the backend for me but for now I will gradually ramp up (this will also help me gauge how much my 6AT is going to take before it starts to piss and moan). I have purchased all jets from .018-.032 and will be testing and logging each. I also planned on spraying from peak torque (roughly 4200 rpm) as you said and stopping spray a few hundred RPM before redline so there is no bleed over after solenoid closes. I really appreciate the shift reduction help, I was totally in the dark about that and BMS forums were purged so there isnt much nitrous data left over there. Did you happen to notice any major timing corrections at all on nitrous? Also what fueling were you using? I will be going e60+ and m1 meth straight. For such a small shot I expect fueling to be a non issue (havent been able to say that to many times on this platform lol). Thanks for your input here everyone! I will reward everyone with logs very soon and shortly there after some mexico runs/strip pulls.

Edit: re read your post and saw you were using e65 also which is what I was planning for also.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

My pleasure, have fun with it.. Start with a single gear pull (3rd) really keep an eye on your logs.... You may have to convert to a wet setup as my trims maxed out and HPFP dropped when I tried the dry setup...

The JB4 is really good & fast with correcting boost error and I did not see much of a jump when N20 activated (except when I went to the drag strip and had the N20 activate in 2nd gear which you will see in a log below).. If you want, start with map 3 and turn down the meth boost additive to 20 so your car will run around 15 psi and start from there.. My boost target was always spot on with Map 3 where map 6 the boost woudl oscillate a bit..

Here are 2 logs from the drag strip clicking through the gears in my XI (love the 1.6 sec 60fts Click here to enlarge)..
    Let me know if you want to see some single gear logs as they look a little cleaner
    For Sale:

- FBO parts here LINK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I did nitrous twice, once with a basic meth injection setup and the second time I went all-out and had dual nozzles spraying meth and a single dry jet. Combined with the inline fuel pump mod, and I still had issues with trims.

The wet setup really is the best, another guy on here had an awesome T he found to do a wet setup off the existing fuel line, plug and play with the same style connector the fuel setup uses now. If I had kept my car, that was an option I was going to look into.

I also did the biggest shot I think, or at least the same size as hotrod182 who had all the nitrous posts from before (check e90post they were all up there at one point). I ended my testing with a .046 shot, which was good for 475whp and 550wtq. The transmission didn't like it, and it was running too lean for my comfort so I scrapped it.

With a 6AT, the focus of nitrous should absolutely be a small shot to help with the dead top-end on these cars, if you go for all-out power just be aware that you're going to toast your transmission same as everyone else does that goes over 500wtq.

On the JB4 settings, I had a shift reduction of 70, you can review your logs and see where map 20 is turning on and tweak that if needed. I was also targeting 15-16 psi peak vs my normal 19-20 psi. My n20 was kicking in at 3500rpm and off at 6600 which also helped with the shifts.

It was good for 60-130 in mid 9s range, which was pretty close to what the single turbo 335xi ran. Also did a 2.9s 0-60 on the vbox with spray in 1st gear, only did that a few times Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am not sure if fueling will be an issue with the meth, HPFP/LPHP upgrades and with such a small shot. .018 jet is really just to keep from tanking up top in the rpm band. I am not looking to make more power necessarily, just drag the power out all the way to redline.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    here is another question, I plan on running a purge line soon enough but for the time being I have no purge set up. What is the best way to clear the lines after pulls? I figure I can close the bottle and set the JB interface to fire the solenoid on 100% TPS with the car off and just purge the left over nitrous in the lines into the charge pipe. I do not want to leave the nitrous just sitting in the lines as it could be days in between pulls (maybe weeks if the weather stays the way it is). Any input here is appreciated.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry for bringing back a somewhat old thread, I've been trying to get some info on the trigger being used on G5 ISO, I was told by BMS to seek help from N20 users.

Can I use Pin 7 as the ground? Does it still work on the latest firmware?

Any help would be awesome and greatly appreciated!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MrSlow Click here to enlarge
    Sorry for bringing back a somewhat old thread, I've been trying to get some info on the trigger being used on G5 ISO, I was told by BMS to seek help from N20 users.

Can I use Pin 7 as the ground? Does it still work on the latest firmware?

Any help would be awesome and greatly appreciated!
    @Terry@BMS

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast