Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

LOL OMFG and now they deleted Drew's post are u $#@!in kidding me !?!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vic55 Click here to enlarge
    Who owns M3Post again?
    Jason and Mark.

From all the posts you would think it was ESS and PencilGeek Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JonMartin Click here to enlarge
    LOL OMFG and now they deleted Drew's post are u $#@!in kidding me !?!
    Drew's post about what? Drew never even tries to stir things up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I wish I copy pasted it but basically Drew was asking why Roman and ESS keeps making it seem that powerchip has unsafe tunes and he made a couple other good points and now that post is gone with the wind. I'm sure he'll chime in soon with what he said.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

I wish I copy pasted it but basically Drew was asking why Roman and ESS keeps making it seem that powerchip has unsafe tunes and he made a couple other good points and now that post is gone with the wind. I'm sure he'll chime in soon with what he said.
    Ok, now that is just completely out of line. I mean, why isn't that the last straw for people to see what is really going on?

Drew will chime in when he gets a chance.

Mike, why do you support them when they treat you like this?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

OMG wtf. they deleted my post and i didnt even say anything bad this time!

edit: this is what i said... PC and ess should plan this out on their own without anybody interfering . ADjfahsdfjdsfa
    Last edited by shahsk; 02-15-2010 at 10:05 PM.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tag824 Click here to enlarge
    guess i lost all my rep's... later bro's

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

PC and ESS should plan it on their own if it will even happen. PC should not be forced into an ESS marketing exercise, why is saying they should organize it on their own out of line? That was the correct thing to say shahsk.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

god i love these smileys
    Last edited by shahsk; 02-15-2010 at 10:30 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    PC and ESS should plan it on their own if it will even happen. PC should not be forced into an ESS marketing exercise, why is saying they should organize it on their own out of line? That was the correct thing to say shahsk.
    im not trying to get banned on there again. seriously, bpost is like iran. we can only say things they want.
    Last edited by shahsk; 02-15-2010 at 10:26 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m33
    If you never messed with a MSS60 then i'll be the first to say stop! Dude your not a tuner
    & the way it looks to me is PC is being quiet and taken notes to ROMANS explanations on how the MSS60 works otherwise they would chim in
    Is this guy serious? Powerchip is not responding because they are taking notes of Rom3n's posts? Maybe Mike is busy doing actual work? It is not like he has responded here or anywhere else for that matter

There is something fishy with this m33 guy... he types in broken English worse but similar to Rom3n, maybe a relative of some sort? He got the kit way early on when Rom3n said he was not shipping kits... there is some connection, I just don't know what it is.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E34collector
    This has been an interesting thread. Seems like it's now being censored by the 'powers that be'. I'm no conspiricy theorist, but something smells fishy.
    Smells like a load of something, you are right on.

I do like spud4ea's posts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

finally its closed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

... Guess I need to tune on every engine management system out there to understand the basics?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shahsk Click here to enlarge
    finally its closed
    Not it is not...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by spdu4ea Click here to enlarge
    ... Guess I need to tune on every engine management system out there to understand the basics?
    If you are going to try to be rational on M3post and not cave in to ESS, yep.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First time in all my years on the forums that I've ever had a post deleted! Click here to enlarge It was a lengthy response and I'm too tired to try and recap exactly what I said, lol. It was not directed at Roman per se, but toward an ESS customer who suggested that PC's tune is potentially dangerous, I pointed out that there is no evidence of that, etc. and I stated that in the past with the E46 and now it seems the E9X, a few ESS customers and one employee in particular, have tried to use scare tactics against other tuners, and I mean all of them and I posted a few examples like claiming GIAC SC'R tuning is stock on my VFE kit, AA's SC'r tuning is garbage, and that HPF has no idea what they are doing, etc. they've made other statements as well.

I also pointed out that neither Mike or PC never made such bold or negative claims about ESS and their tuning. Other members seem to respond to my post favorably, stating that I made some good points and that there was no personal attacks, etc., maybe others didn't as I was off the forums for awhile and didn't see every response, fair enough, but all of those posts got deleted as well, to be fair so did the post in which an ESS customer took a shot PC about their tuning, inferring that it could be dangerous.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
    First time in all my years on the forums that I've ever had a post deleted! Click here to enlarge It was a lengthy response and I'm too tired to try and recap exactly what I said, lol. It was not directed at Roman per se, but toward an ESS customer who suggested that PC's tune is potentially dangerous, I pointed out that there is no evidence of that, etc. and I stated that in the past with the E46 and now it seems the E9X, a few ESS customers and one employee in particular, have tried to use scare tactics against other tuners, and I mean all of them and I posted a few examples like claiming GIAC SC'R tuning is stock on my VFE kit, AA's SC'r tuning is garbage, and that HPF has no idea what they are doing, etc. they've made other statements as well.

I also pointed out that neither Mike or PC never made such bold or negative claims about ESS and their tuning. Other members seem to respond to my post favorably, stating that I made some good points and that there was no personal attacks, etc., maybe others didn't as I was off the forums for awhile and didn't see every response, fair enough, but all of those posts got deleted as well, to be fair so did the post in which an ESS customer took a shot PC about their tuning, inferring that it could be dangerous.
    So, how do you feel about M3post's unbiased image now?

Honestly, you are the one guy who probably always tries to stay calm, reasonable, and respectful, never going overboard when pointing out false assumptions or information (you are my polar opposite). I don't have the patience for that, I would have let loose on that thread. If you all of all people get posts deleted with not even so much as being told why, especially with your history, that highlights some of the serious issues over there.

Which ESS customer was it that suggested powerchip's tune is potentially dangerous? What was the basis for that? Wish we had your original post...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quoted before deletion

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PedM5
    Hey guys, I asked for the thread to be unlocked so I can get a word in. Please stay respectful towards eachother and the forum so we can continue to contribute positively. Thank you Nawaaz for allowing me to post our update.

As a representative of Powerchip, I'd like to address some issues. I think the speculation on this thread has gone on far enough.

We have been talking about setting up a dyno challenge since we first got an open challenge from a former vendor. See this thread:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325024

We've asked Eloy when he plans to have the challenge because we'd like to attend and he doesn't have an answer. If you see the thread, in January he said, "end of this month, beginning of next month." We've done our best to be available on a moments notice, but to be honest we can't drop everything to attend an event because we have a company to run. I don't mean that to be offensive or off putting, because as an M owner and enthusiast, I'd love to just hang out at the dyno instead of working; Nevertheless, Powerchip does ECU tuning for most European and Exotic cars, and though the M3 is one of our favorite cars (and has some of the coolest customers Click here to enlarge) we'd be doing a disservice to our other customers who expect their ECU's back in time for them to get to work the next day. It's imperative that we get our work load out in time for next day delivery because every day we are late, that is another day a paying customer is going without transportation. We cater to a broader audience than most tuners and have to give equal attention and importance to everyone or we'll end up shooting ourselves in the foot. Or feetClick here to enlarge

There is a balancing act we have to perform that people might not take into account but we are taking the challenge seriously and trying to figure out how the logistics of it will work. We value your inputs and opinions but in regards to sharing information publicly, you have to take into account that people have gone to court over this type of proprietary information in the past. It's not something you spend your resources and time perfecting then just give away because a moderator demands to see it. Some of you have hit the nail on the head. You can't go to Coke and say, "I demand as a potential customer to get your exact ingredients and in what potency or you suck balls and pepsi is better!" That's just not how it works, and furthermore, Pepsi is better than coke to begin with. Kidding aside, this type of information is specialized and you are not going to become an expert on safety parameters of a complex system by reading up about it on Wikipedia. To a large extent, the judging of changes to certain maps can be completely subjective, what one person considers safe, another can say is dangerous. Someone posted about 3 degrees of timing is too much to add and is dangerous. Really? Well at what load? What RPM? What fuel grade, what temprature, what benchmark point, etc. etc. For the consumer there is no black and white answer to reveal the secrets of what's what. Both companies believe they have optimized a tune for the M3 that is safe and reliable and have plenty of customers in each corner backing them up. The CEO of Powerchip called ESS today to get some things straight and in my opinion wasn't treated with much respect. At one point the person on the phone said, that they've read our files and that they're the worst out of everybody's. We certainly would be great salesman if we could sell crap to consumers for 20 years and get away with it. This type of comment really doesn't make us want to shake hands and be friendly with people who wouldn't piss on us if we were on fire.

My point is, this shouldn't turn into a vengeful win or lose, lower dyno results will be punishable by death challenge. This is something that benefits the community and tempers shouldn't be raised over it. I certainly don't hold any ill will towards ESS, Roman, Pencil Geek or anyone who has reservations of our companies abilities. By all means you are welcome to an opinion and we'd love to show the world what we're made of. I'll defend our tune to the death, but if we get on the dyno and beat ESS's tune, I'm not going to rub it in anyones face. Let's just let the results speak for themselves and not do this pre-emptive smack talk like we're kids on the playground.

To sum it up, we want to participate and do comparisons with all of our software to our competitors, not just the M3 V8 line. The only issues being scheduling and terms. Rest assured we are talking it over, don't mistake our silence for anything but deliberation. Anyone that would like a direct question answered, please feel free to call us at the office.

949-646-1026
    Matt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I saw your post.

I have no clue why it was deleted.:confusion-scratchh:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

That response by Matt is awesome. I am going to call the office tomorrow and speak to him or hopefully Mike will chime in soon.

I would like to have the results posted here and I can be at either Gintani or RPI to tape it all and get the results. Reason being, this type of info would be a huge gain for bimmerboost plus avoid the typical BSpost bias. Not to mention, Powerchip is not exactly treated fairly there.

Third party dyno? Why not third party forum?

I must say, I like Matt's style but do not believe I have met him:
    It's not something you spend your resources and time perfecting then just give away because a moderator demands to see it.
    Right on!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nawaaz
    We'll leave this thread closed for the time being, since the response has been posted. Hope all members can understand that moderating is not as easy as it looks.
    My fingers would get tired from deleting all those posts too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ah, so PG had a bad experience with Powerchip... starting to make sense now...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

yeah, it makes a lot of sense now

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by spdu4ea Click here to enlarge
    Ah, so PG had a bad experience with Powerchip... starting to make sense now...
    He had a bad experience with everyone's tuning... he ran ESS in the beginning but then got rid of it because it was not good enough and he lost power. RDsport's own tune is junk. There is also a side to his tuning that he does not even know. Treating your tuner well and having respect for their work pays dividends Click here to enlarge

If you only knew the whole story... I mean, it is.... well, it is amazing but it is personal and he can share it if he wishes. I do not want to overstep my bounds plus PG and I exchanged e-mails on the subject for a long time. Come on and post PG, I see you Click here to enlarge

Now all of a sudden, he feels ESS can fart rainbows.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    He had a bad experience with everyone's tuning... he ran ESS in the beginning but then got rid of it because it was not good enough and he lost power. RDsport's own tune is junk. There is also a side to his tuning that he does not even know. Treating your tuner well and having respect for their work pays dividends Click here to enlarge

If you only knew the whole story... I mean, it is.... well, it is amazing but it is personal and he can share it if he wishes. I do not want to overstep my bounds plus PG and I exchanged e-mails on the subject for a long time. Come on and post PG, I see you Click here to enlarge

Now all of a sudden, he feels ESS can fart rainbows.
    Ya theres alot more to the story then a simple he had problems.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Ya theres alot more to the story then a simple he had problems.
    Well yes, but that is not really my place to go into plus that information was conveyed to me in privacy and I do not intend to stab Robert in the back. I do respect him as a person (but he does have a lot to learn in the BMW world... Click here to enlarge ).

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast