Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marconi118 Click here to enlarge
    How do you open the BIN and the XDF file in WinOLS?
    WinOLS is more like software to visualize the bin directly and try to find tables by their shape mostly. I've used it before and its cool software... but not gonna lie, very challenging. Like putting together a puzzle with blank pieces.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The 93 octane bin you uploaded runs so much better than all the shiv maps i have tried. Throttle mapping feels super linear and the boost builds quick and smoothly when you want it. Otherwise you can cruise around town and it feels stock without any of the oft stage 0 and 1 jerkyness. This is on a bone stock 335 and i know with the ots stage 1 i was getting pretty nasty timing drops. Yours feels damn near perfect. Seriously. Even my girlfriend said its the best her car has ever felt.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by manbeer Click here to enlarge
    The 93 octane bin you uploaded runs so much better than all the shiv maps i have tried. Throttle mapping feels super linear and the boost builds quick and smoothly when you want it. Otherwise you can cruise around town and it feels stock without any of the oft stage 0 and 1 jerkyness. This is on a bone stock 335 and i know with the ots stage 1 i was getting pretty nasty timing drops. Yours feels damn near perfect. Seriously. Even my girlfriend said its the best her car has ever felt.
    Cool, glad you like it! Should be fine for a stock car on 93 since it's conservative for FBO and overall probably a bit more conservative timing wise than his 93 tune. Not that it matters, having no drops and a bit more aggressive AFR probably makes up for it anyway as far as power is concerned.

One thing you may consider editing is the Fuel Bank 1 and 2 tables in TunerPro since you have cats, just enter 14.6 or 14.7 for everything to 60 load below 5k RPM, you'll see I have it leaning out to about 16 AFR around cruise, which catalytic converters might not like. I mean it's probably not worth worrying about but the life expectancy of them might otherwise be decreased if you spend a lot of time on the freeway cruising. Or they could do absolutely fine while giving you better mileage, but I wouldn't know. Lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I will consider making those changes but it will be hard to give up the 31hwy 25 combined mpg that i have been getting all day. I've driven so much and the economy and performance is amazing. Very easy to modulate around town and keep out of boost but its there right away when you ask for it. These are so much freaking better than oft maps...and i picked up about 5mpg in addition to better performance

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thank you V8Bait for putting together this priceless kit.

I noticed running a diff tool that some I8AOS tables have different memory addresses in your version vs Shiv/RombinHood's vs Wedge's :
    - Load to Torque Limit 2
    - Load Limit Factor
    - Load Target Limit Factor (CAT)

Are the address changes intended?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The axis were improperly defined on the load limit tables CAT and Knock, load to torque limit 2 not sure unless they changed something in theirs. There are many tables that the axis and scaling is still incorrect on but it's not really a big deal from a tuning perspective. I was inspired by Josh's work and have since "fixed" a couple more but it's not the most effective use of my time honestly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Can I use this bin with OFT? I use shiv's stg1 currently (just dci/93, stock 08xi) and I like the lowend punch cause its an automatic, but I do get timing drop time to time

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ls3c6 Click here to enlarge
    Can I use this bin with OFT? I use shiv's stg1 currently (just dci/93, stock 08xi) and I like the lowend punch cause its an automatic, but I do get timing drop time to time
    It definitely works fine on DCI only cars, have put about 5k on our 335 in the last 2 months using this. As far as trying to flash via OFT, i would take your stock .bin file on tunerpro, run the compare bin? and it will give a list of differences in the values. You can then apply the values for this .bin to your stocker. See part 4 on the OFT site

http://www.procedetuning.com/BMW/n54...als/index.html

I am not sure if there are any differences that would cause this file to not play nice with OFT as i flashed as is via BBflash, but for an added measure of safety Part 4 will show you how to apply the changes to your old bin easily for peace of mind as i am not sure if anyone has really tried flashing non OFT bins via OFT

PS: This map $#@!s all over the stage 1 in terms of consistency, smoothness and economy too

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

The OFT guys I've helped I usually just modify their BIN, but it shouldn't really be a big deal if you just use the BIN in its current form.

These maps were initially made because I just didn't like a lot of Shiv's files (they are popular because they are free though I guess), and I used them with the JB4 but the piggyback is mostly for convenience (gauges, logging with my phone etc). They are somewhat conservative in many ways so the risk is low with them, I called them FBO because of the lean cruise mode, not the aggressiveness. IJE0S maps might flatline with AT's because of the nature of those cars, but what else is new. The point of the maps were originally to give a better (in my opinion) starting point for people to work from and adjust themselves, but of course that never happens lol. Anyway, I have substantially gone through and re-made most of these from the bottom up now that I've had free time and a fixed car to log with and zillions of logs from others on random tunes from RB to VTT to ST. I'd have posted them by now but everything got kinda crazy for a few weeks around here.

TLDR I have a set of new maps and better organized/updated spreadsheet (since I got so many emails thanking me for them) that I will be uploading very soon but you should be able to use OFT just fine, worst case do what manbeer suggested if you'd like to try them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Please do share the updated spreadsheet as I found them very helpful as well.

Thanks for your work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

You have put up a nice package. I'm waiting for the next update! And because it's well done Click here to enlarge, people have nothing to complain about and remain silent. So V8Bait, nice job and thank you sir!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry been busy with relaxing, single turbo's, DME mosfet's, impatience, girls, and alcohol. But I uploaded the spreadsheet, probably the last one I'll do with tips/etc since Cobb's manual and the interweb/actual books cover the rest. I'll upload generic (much updated) BIN's in the next few days from the logs/tuning I've done personally and in response to the flood of email's I've gotten. Srsly go back to PTF or normal backends if you don't like the other guy, I only get a few weeks of freedom... Sorry to those I haven't responded to :-(

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    Sorry been busy with relaxing, single turbo's, DME mosfet's, impatience, girls, and alcohol. But I uploaded the spreadsheet, probably the last one I'll do with tips/etc since Cobb's manual and the interweb/actual books cover the rest. I'll upload generic (much updated) BIN's in the next few days from the logs/tuning I've done personally and in response to the flood of email's I've gotten. Srsly go back to PTF or normal backends if you don't like the other guy, I only get a few weeks of freedom... Sorry to those I haven't responded to :-(
    what a kind fella... with the thousands that have been sent wedges way over the last few months, out of no where because people think timing = moorree poowwwaaaaaaa Justin has silently been a saint to many on here including me. My car is a whack job right now, justins little edits have allowed my car to be usable despite having constantly high trims. I hate to bother him but hes been a huge help and I really want to say Thank You publically as well bc he has no reason at all to help me, has turned down my offers of various paybacks for his time (more valuable than anything in this world IMO) TIME if i only had it lol .... and work , and I really fn appreciate it. Tony @ Vargas always would comment how smart he was here and there and I took note of that and saw more and more comments that made me 100% sure he would be of great assistance if he did in fact help. Appreciate it man.

And to pat myself on the back, he has told me that I provide the most useful logs Click here to enlarge glad I can be a little easier of a pita than i otherwise could be ,,lol With all the emails you must get, at least im doing something to help lol

but seriously dude , thanks
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Justin is the man! Was very helpful for me aswell!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well said and true to the end

Justin, thank you from me and ALL of us that benefit from your time, patience and skills

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    what a kind fella... with the thousands that have been sent wedges way over the last few months, out of no where because people think timing = moorree poowwwaaaaaaa Justin has silently been a saint to many on here including me. My car is a whack job right now, justins little edits have allowed my car to be usable despite having constantly high trims. I hate to bother him but hes been a huge help and I really want to say Thank You publically as well bc he has no reason at all to help me, has turned down my offers of various paybacks for his time (more valuable than anything in this world IMO) TIME if i only had it lol .... and work , and I really fn appreciate it. Tony @ Vargas always would comment how smart he was here and there and I took note of that and saw more and more comments that made me 100% sure he would be of great assistance if he did in fact help. Appreciate it man.

And to pat myself on the back, he has told me that I provide the most useful logs Click here to enlarge glad I can be a little easier of a pita than i otherwise could be ,,lol With all the emails you must get, at least im doing something to help lol

but seriously dude , thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Little bit of controversy here going on but I'll stay out of it. All I will say is guys if you don't want a mess on your hands spend the money with people who do it professionally so you don't need to ask others to clean anything up.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Little bit of controversy here going on but I'll stay out of it. All I will say is guys if you don't want a mess on your hands spend the money with people who do it professionally so you don't need to ask others to clean anything up.
    I totally agree. I don't think sending out increased timing flashes right out of the box to impress people for money with disregard of their car is ethical.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by babuski Click here to enlarge
    I totally agree. I don't think sending out increased timing flashes right out of the box to impress people for money with disregard of their car is ethical.
    That's because it isn't.

Ethical is erring on the conservative because you respect other's property. A few horses isn't worth headaches if you can have a nice tune without them.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    All I will say is guys if you don't want a mess on your hands spend the money with people who do it professionally so you don't need to ask others to clean anything up.
    Agreed. I was drinking the high-timing Kool-Aid until I started running halfway through 4th gear in my logs (I start at <2K RPM in 3rd). Then I saw the all the timing advance (2.5-5*) the DME was pulling post-shift--not good.

Since then I've pulled my timing back in line with more 'accepted' values and don't see the post-shift timing pull anymore. V8Bait's spreadsheet and the wealth of information (and example bins!) on this forum have helped a great deal in recovering and fine-tuning my bin back into shape. Thanks for all of your effort Justin and everyone else that contributes on this forum!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any chance of getting those updated BIN files V8Bait?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Digitalism Click here to enlarge
    Any chance of getting those updated BIN files V8Bait?
    Yeah I'll get everything up tomorrow. I was messing with fuel system stuff unrelated to tuning and broke the clip that holds the line on the regulator/filter assembly on the driver side. ECS tuning took a week to ship, and this was after I lost 2 mosfets in my DME (#msd80lyfe). It was my carelessness in this Houston heat but it delayed a couple things I was doing, apologies to those waiting. Been working on wgdc to get boost up a bit more up high.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great! I was just wanting to compare your maps with what I'm currently working on.

Again, thanks for your work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As promised uploaded the base maps, I8A0S only though (sorry). IJE0S is a PITA with flatline issues, which leads to odd load targets/torque to load tables, and odd fuel scalars, so not sure what I'll do there since I don't have one to test with. In time...

Otherwise here's a random JB4 log snapshot I took this morning running E50, has more in it probably but eh. Fast enough for me for now in this 90+ degree weather.

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by V8Bait; 06-26-2014 at 02:19 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    As promised uploaded the base maps, I8A0S only though (sorry). IJE0S is a PITA with flatline issues, which leads to odd load targets/torque to load tables, and odd fuel scalars, so not sure what I'll do there since I don't have one to test with. In time...

Otherwise here's a random JB4 log snapshot I took this morning running E50, has more in it probably but eh. Fast enough for me for now in this 90+ degree weather.

Click here to enlarge
    Nice log!!! Timing is pretty aggressive though

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's about right for E50 from what I've seen on the dyno. I would consider aggressive E50 timing to be something like a flat 15 or 15.5 degrees, I hit a peak of 14 at around 6500 RPM (14.5 absolute max if I have 0 average ignition retard, usually have around .4 to .6 just from cruising) and run around 12-12.5 while at full boost. I only ever see minor increases in torque and no real power by going over 12.5 degrees at full boost in the meat of the powerband.

This would be bad for pump+meth or racegas fo sho though lol. Pesky flame speed.
    Last edited by V8Bait; 06-26-2014 at 02:50 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast