Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Angry If it aint one thing its another...

Well today I had to take my car to the stealership because my main mechanic moved so I'm now forced to take it there in the event that something happens. To make a long story short, about a month ago I was doing a small cruise heading back to the barracks, Army lifestyle :cry: as I was cruising I was waiting for the turn signals to flash, which indicated that the car had warmed up using the jb4, and as soon as it did I switched over to sport mode and floored it from about a 40 mph roll, without taking off the traction control. My tires started spinning and all of a sudden the car just started shuttering. I was like alright not this sh** again. So I pulled over turned the car off and waited a few minutes and started it back up. Once that happened, the car continued to stutter and I was like wtf at this point because this was the first time a misfire stayed after I restarted the car. Luckily I had my laptop with me and hooked everything up the only code I was getting was a misfire on cylinder 2. Now to fast forward from that incident, I just recently came back from the field, being gone for a whole month and the problem is still there. So today I finally took it to a dealership to see what was the main reason for the misfire and a few other issues. After the inspection, they told me that I pretty much needed to replace every ignition part starting with injectors, spark plugs, and ignition coils which totaled out to about 1400 Euro which is about $2500 :cry:...EFF THAT, especially since I've recently upgraded my turbos just about 2 months ago and now this. So now my question is does any one know where I can get those parts for some what of a discounted price? The dealership is a damn joke, especially with their prices i'll prefer to stick to the good ol American prices...
    E92 Chameleon 335I/ VTT Stg 2/ EOS manifold w PI/ JB4 G5 w/ BB Flash/ BMS DCI/ BMS Cowls/ Fuel it stg 2 lpfp/ MMP Inlets and outlets/ ER CP w/ Synaspe BOV/ M2 Exhaust/VRSF DP/ ETS FMIC/ BMS OCC/ BMS Meth Kit CMGS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    First mistake was going to the dealer. Read the codes and then use those to guide your search for the likely single defective part on the car.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yea I had some what of an idea of what was wrong, but I guess I wanted a professional opinion I know now to stay within the forums. I know they say you have to pay to play, but all I want to do is spectate, especially now lol. I'm planning on buying the ECS ignition service kit as my first attempt to fix this http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E92-335...013/ES2581741/ but I want to know if that doesn't fix the problem and it is the injectors, could that possibly mess up the new parts?
    E92 Chameleon 335I/ VTT Stg 2/ EOS manifold w PI/ JB4 G5 w/ BB Flash/ BMS DCI/ BMS Cowls/ Fuel it stg 2 lpfp/ MMP Inlets and outlets/ ER CP w/ Synaspe BOV/ M2 Exhaust/VRSF DP/ ETS FMIC/ BMS OCC/ BMS Meth Kit CMGS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do you have INPA? If so check the injectors. It’s not all that often that injectors simply fail outright, it happens but far more common are “standard” ignition related misfires ie coils and plugs. Not to mention you could swap both banks of coils and plugs for about 200 bucks and 30 minutes of your time. Start there then see if the problem persists.

My car won’t even start right now, so I feel your pain. We’re all in the same leaky ass N54 boat.
    E88 N54 w stuff
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    $200 for both where can I find those? The cheapest I found was off of the ECS website. So for my question I asked earlier, if I where to buy new plugs and coil packs and found out that the injectors are messed up the faulty injectors wont damaged the new plugs and coils?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Kinda same thing happened to me, the shuttering and misfire wouldn't go away. It turned out just to be a spark plug that came a little loose.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.