Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 55 of 55
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    57
    Rep Points
    92.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ramjet Click here to enlarge
    Where's local BMW86?
    Brisvegas. Was it your Z4 that was slipping?

    I think I bumped into you driving in the valley a couple months ago. I remember you asked me what exhaust I had Click here to enlarge

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    36
    Rep Points
    49.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BMW86 Click here to enlarge
    Brisvegas. Was it your Z4 that was slipping?

    I think I bumped into you driving in the valley a couple months ago. I remember you asked me what exhaust I had Click here to enlarge
    Right, yep that was me supposedly slipping and bumped into you in the valley.

    I say supposedly as it turns out that I didn't have a slipping clutch, the DCT was and continues to be fine. The guys doing the dyno didn't really understand the car I think. They also bent my rear lower wishbones strapping the car down incorrectly. After that dyno I looked at my logs and did a few hard test runs and couldn't find anything that supported their claim. So to be sure I took it to two different dyno's on the same day, added plenty of meth and put the boost up to 20psi. I told them that I want to check for any clutch slip and both tests came through solid. That was over 18 months ago and a few more track days and still going strong.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    254
    Rep Points
    433.2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nbrigdan Click here to enlarge
    I too hate RFT, they so often completely ruin cars suspension and handling. I really don't understand why there was so much push for them, I guess people thought a stiffer sidewall was better but at what cost? And also most race cars actually use a fair bit of sidewall because they found that a little flex was actually helpful. But I digress, if you don't mind me asking, what/who's bushings did you go with? I am looking into powerflex but don't really know where else. Thank you, and I totally see what you mean now.

    Ya it's the good looking ones that always get you, haha.
    Yeah, it seems like they really want to distance the gap between ///M and non-M cars, especially with the latest F platform. RFT's don't give any indication you're about to reach the threshold of traction and then you've spun out! Totally agree some flex is needed.

    Fortunately on the e9x, all m3 bits/bushings are interchangeable minus the rear toe arms. I got those from Megan Racing and I also got some diff bushings from Powerflex. You can also get stuff from Turner motorsports.

    Everywhere else, I tried to stick with the m3 bits but unfortunately I dont think most of that translates over to the e89 z4
    [02/07 E92 335i 6MT] - Under Construction

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    57
    Rep Points
    92.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ramjet Click here to enlarge
    Right, yep that was me supposedly slipping and bumped into you in the valley.

    I say supposedly as it turns out that I didn't have a slipping clutch, the DCT was and continues to be fine. The guys doing the dyno didn't really understand the car I think. They also bent my rear lower wishbones strapping the car down incorrectly. After that dyno I looked at my logs and did a few hard test runs and couldn't find anything that supported their claim. So to be sure I took it to two different dyno's on the same day, added plenty of meth and put the boost up to 20psi. I told them that I want to check for any clutch slip and both tests came through solid. That was over 18 months ago and a few more track days and still going strong.
    Thats good to hear the dct is ok. I didn't have the best experience at that dyno either. I also recall the owner stuffing up all of the n55 dct 135i pulls too. This a while back. What times are you putting down at lakeside and QR? Have you been to the willowbank? Glad to head it's pulling strong mate

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    680
    Rep Points
    514.7
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nitehawk Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, it seems like they really want to distance the gap between ///M and non-M cars, especially with the latest F platform. RFT's don't give any indication you're about to reach the threshold of traction and then you've spun out! Totally agree some flex is needed.

    Fortunately on the e9x, all m3 bits/bushings are interchangeable minus the rear toe arms. I got those from Megan Racing and I also got some diff bushings from Powerflex. You can also get stuff from Turner motorsports.

    Everywhere else, I tried to stick with the m3 bits but unfortunately I dont think most of that translates over to the e89 z4
    Alright, well cool, thank you for all the good info man!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •