Close

Thread: Wagner Tuning?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Wagner Tuning?

I've heard a few people now refer to Wagner Tuning as a 'budget' parts brand, however, I'm yet to see a better (in theory) set of N54 downpipes than theirs. They are made with 70mm pipe which is far more suitable for 1.5L worth of engine making only 150kw or less than most other options (3") out there AND they have stock-like flex sections in them. From looking at pictures alone, I'd say that they're the best ones out there. Am I missing something here?

Same story with their "Evo 2 Competition" intercoolers.

I'll be in the market for a set of downpipes and maybe a bigger intercooler soon. Has anyone else done comparisons between Wagner products and others?

Cheers,

Brad

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've seen them at an autoshow here in Germany, I got ARDesign downpipes and I felt like those Wagner DP's were a complete was of money (you might get gains) but cheap materials. Go with VRSF or something instead if you wanna go budget.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't know if I'd call Wagner cheap but people seem to think there are higher quality options.

I don't see any negative reviews of the Wagner FMIC and people seem to be happy overall...
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The wagner downpipes with the flex sections look like they would cause more turbulence/backpressure vs a pipes with no flex sections that are smooth. Their fmic looks fine though, the same as most other stepped core designs (helix, cobb, ect) if they use decent finpacks/cores.
    2008 e92 335i: JB4 G5 ISO/BMS back end flash, fbo, e85, inlets, Rb turbos, level 10 valve body + converter, water/methanol.....and a lot more....