Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Exclamation need help fast!!!!!! fuel question

hey guys im at the 1/4 track and im running about e35 to e37
    on map 5 wita jb4 g5iso with the bms race-at flash and I put 2.5 gallons of 100oct race gas will I be able to run map 7???? with the stock fuel system Im ordering a walboro kit from steve az in a few days

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How much gas do you have in the tank?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Was gonna say do you have any idea what your fuel trims & fuel pressure looks like?
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lm at full tank I don't know what my fuel pressure or trims look first time I put race gas

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shaunlsone Click here to enlarge
    lm at full tank I don't know what my fuel pressure or trims look first time I put race gas
    I wouldln't even put the extra 100 octane lol. If you had half a tank then yes, but no you won't feel a difference and I don't thin you'd be able to run map 7
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    should I try the e85 flash?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No, you need at least 50% e85 to run that flash safely afaik.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    No, you need at least 50% e85 to run that flash safely afaik.
    Bro, you're fine to run map 7. I ran map 7 on just pump+meth and the result was my best numbers on the dyno I had on stock turbos and the cleanest logs. With some e85 and espeically some 100 octane you are more than fine, have had it. There's really not much to hurt on stock turbos on these cars unless you're trying to run 100% e85, some crazy high advanced timing, or trying to run full boost to redline and smoke your turbos. Map 7 is great, go for it.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Bro, you're fine to run map 7. I ran map 7 on just pump+meth and the result was my best numbers on the dyno I had on stock turbos and the cleanest logs. With some e85 and espeically some 100 octane you are more than fine, have had it. There's really not much to hurt on stock turbos on these cars unless you're trying to run 100% e85, some crazy high advanced timing, or trying to run full boost to redline and smoke your turbos. Map 7 is great, go for it.
    hmmm not sure E35, which is what he said he is running will do well with map 7.....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Pump and meth is like running 100 octane so I would use map 7 as well. In his case though, he is not using meth. Therefore his octane rating is not even 96 octane. I wouldn't run map 7 because of hurting the engine with predetonation and knock with the low octane rating and the higher timing with map7. Nothing will happen to the turbos with map 7 even with 91 octane, the motor is what you should be worried about.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Pump and meth is like running 100 octane so I would use map 7 as well. In his case though, he is not using meth. Therefore his octane rating is not even 96 octane. I wouldn't run map 7 because of hurting the engine with predetonation and knock with the low octane rating and the higher timing with map7. Nothing will happen to the turbos with map 7 even with 91 octane, the motor is what you should be worried about.
    That^

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If he's running e35 plus several gallons of 100 octane I see no issue. What's the timing on map 7? 13*? And it totally depends on meth mix and how big of nozzles and how many on what your octane would be like, don't assume everyone running meth is running 100 oct equivalent, not the case at all. Plenty of guys run map 7 on e40 alone, no issues, stop filling this guys head with worry for nothing.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    hmmm not sure E35, which is what he said he is running will do well with map 7.....
    Just need to watch logs, with some 100 octane thrown in the mix it's absolutely fine, really, it's not that agressive

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I'd run map 5....had you just put 2.5 gallons of race fuel in to an empty tank...then I'd say yeah...run map 7. However since you have a full tank of fuel that is e35-e37 (even if it is a true e35-e37) and 2.5 gals of race fuel...you're still no where near the recommended 100 octane for map 7.

JMO.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So you go to the track and just dump 100 oct fuel in your car, with a estimated mix of e85, not knowing what map to run, and then start asking on the forums? Seriously? Thank god for bmw's smart DME...there would be so many blown n54's without it.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOG LOG LOG and see... if you don't have a laptop and log regularly this is not the car for you to be modding and playing with boost
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If he's running e35 plus several gallons of 100 octane I see no issue. What's the timing on map 7? 13*? And it totally depends on meth mix and how big of nozzles and how many on what your octane would be like, don't assume everyone running meth is running 100 oct equivalent, not the case at all. Plenty of guys run map 7 on e40 alone, no issues, stop filling this guys head with worry for nothing.
    e50 is roughlt 97 octane. So running less than that on a full tank and adding 2 gallons of 100 will barely bring the octane up. Im sure there are no issues. Its long term that can damage the motor. And anything 100 octane i would never use a race file. Plus running meth and pump is actually more like 110 octane. So even 50/50 meth water will still be more than enough. Im not filling his head with anything. So far two other people agree with what i said.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    honestly my car is fine at e40 before with map 7 , but you need to LOG to see... no two cars are the same... I always run meth but I check here and there and its still happy with the e40 mix I run with meth with my rbs... but that doesn't mean your car will be at all. But your obv out of there, what did you end up doing ? Were you logging?

the tuning for these cars is so unique in a sense that we get away with so much, that would blow other cars up in a heartbeat and there is a misbelief formed that our motors wont blow up... map 7 e30 may be enough.. unlikely but possible... its also possible your car will be fine... log and see if it pulls timing across a few gears... and adjust accordingly... but experimenting at the track is not the ideal place to do it. I deal is with a buddy logging so he can see whats going on ...
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just need to watch logs, with some 100 octane thrown in the mix it's absolutely fine, really, it's not that agressive
    With a full tank of gas he's not going to bring the octane up enough by adding 100octane. How much can he actually add on a full tank or even a 3/4 full tank.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    honestly my car is fine at e40 before with map 7 , but you need to LOG to see... no two cars are the same... I always run meth but I check here and there and its still happy with the e40 mix I run with meth with my rbs... but that doesn't mean your car will be at all. But your obv out of there, what did you end up doing ? Were you logging?

the tuning for these cars is so unique in a sense that we get away with so much, that would blow other cars up in a heartbeat and there is a misbelief formed that our motors wont blow up... map 7 e30 may be enough.. unlikely but possible... its also possible your car will be fine... log and see if it pulls timing across a few gears... and adjust accordingly... but experimenting at the track is not the ideal place to do it. I deal is with a buddy logging so he can see whats going on ...
    You can get away with it because you are running meth. He's not.
    If the octane is not there the car will not perform the way it should and will most likely limp.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If the octane is not there the car will not perform the way it should and will most likely limp.
    Good ol friend limpidy limp.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    With a full tank of gas he's not going to bring the octane up enough by adding 100octane. How much can he actually add on a full tank or even a 3/4 full tank.
    I must have mis-understood I thought he had a partial tank and used 100 octane to fill the rest, so the 100 octane made it a full tank, not really sure how much he could have added if he already had a full tank then....1 gallon? I wouldn't even consider that having 100 octane in the tank at all....lol I guess someone should have done their research before modding their car, or at least before heading to the track

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I had 3 quarters of a tank of e35 when I added the 2.5 gallons of 100oct.
    car seemed happy on map 5 ran my best time yet but it was still about 77f outside and a little humid.
    and I do my research on mods just asked a question and for your opinions if I could run map 7 thats all

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Next time you go to the 1/4 mile strip, run nothing but 100oct. and give map 7 a shot.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I had 3 quarters of a tank of e35 when I added the 2.5 gallons of 100oct.
    car seemed happy on map 5 ran my best time yet but it was still about 77f outside and a little humid.
    and I do my research on mods just asked a question and for your opinions if I could run map 7 thats all

That's what I like about map 5 when I'm not too sure about my octane rating. Map 5 likes to adjust to fuel/air and the way you drive as well. The more aggressive you are with it the faster you'll feel it becomes.
    Burger Motorsports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast