Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Who else will be getting the New HTC One tomorrow?

I know I will! Sooooo tired of my HTC Rezound! I'm glad its going to have an sd card, otherwise I was looking at getting the S5.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

I was messing around with the S5 in bestbuy yesterday as they had a display model available.

Pretty awesome phone! But I'm still gonna hold out and see what the note 4 has to bring.
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Specs on this thing? Is it better than the Note III?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Specs on this thing? Is it better than the Note III?
    Not sure the specs on the note. Have no desire to carry around a huge phablet or sport the Dick Tracy watch...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Meh, doesn't offer anything over the Note III.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have the current HTC One. Just gotta say this is one awesome phone, from the way it feels in your hand (I have a slim case over the metallic back), screen resolution, speakers on the front, speed.
    JB Stage 2 ISO, BMW Performance Exhaust, M3 front control arms, RPI scoops, CDV delete

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Not me. I wanted one until I saw what they were doing with the bezel and that it was only a Snapdragon 801 instead of the 805. It's a nice looking phone, but I think my Note 3 is better for my needs. 50% more RAM, the s-pen, better camera and camera software and a large screen with minimal bezel that rests comfortably in my hand.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Picked it up this afternoon, huge improvement over my old phone. Is it the fastest phone out there? Maybe not, but I've always had HTC phones since the HTC Droid Eris was first on the market and just prefer them to other android devices. Best part about it was I didn't have to sign a two year contract! Verizon has month to month deals now. Originally it would have been $25 month to "rent" the phone for a year then I can turn it in for a new phone, or continue paying the $25 for two years and I keep it. But they had some promotion and dropped the monthly payment by $20. So I got a new phone, no contract for $5 a month.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

HTC Rezound huh, going old school huh. A friend said he was going to pick it up, don't know if he has. I've had the Motorola Razr M since it came out, it glitches every now and then, so I kind of do want a new one. But the thing I really like about this phone is the size. It's not to big and the bezels are really small. Honestly you combine both of them and it's still smaller than one of the bezels on the iphones. I still have a couple months left for this phone, might just play it out and see if anything else comes out then. Or might jump ship, seems like the 5+ inch is becoming the norm now.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

i love my htc one and many around me with Samsungs have talked down on it, had there phones start to deteriorate and my phone keeps chugging along not missing a beat...

an app has never once crashed, ever... the interface is superior to samsungs by a large amount. The build quality 100x better than any samsung phone or phablet... and the speakers which i actually use now are incredible. The zoe video function allows it to seal the deal over any other phone making redic awesome 30 sec video clips that look like they took a person 5 hours to make.

I will be getting the new htc one when my jump is ready.
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    Picked it up this afternoon, huge improvement over my old phone. Is it the fastest phone out there? Maybe not, but I've always had HTC phones since the HTC Droid Eris was first on the market and just prefer them to other android devices. Best part about it was I didn't have to sign a two year contract! Verizon has month to month deals now. Originally it would have been $25 month to "rent" the phone for a year then I can turn it in for a new phone, or continue paying the $25 for two years and I keep it. But they had some promotion and dropped the monthly payment by $20. So I got a new phone, no contract for $5 a month.
    Congrats, welcome to how the rest of the carriers already do things Click here to enlarge Verizon was the last to adopt.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    an app has never once crashed, ever...
    Agree with everything you said, except this. For some reason the Nike Running app always seems to crash, but I blame this on Nike not my HTC One.
    JB Stage 2 ISO, BMW Performance Exhaust, M3 front control arms, RPI scoops, CDV delete

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Friend just got it, this is a comparison with the s4 camera

s4
    Click here to enlarge

one
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

the problem with the camera is that people expect what it isn't made specifically for to be above average .... However the picture you posted plays EXACTLY into what htc IS going for... Low light , second camera helps with a hdr like approach and balances the whole scene nicely... the picture taken with the htc one m8 clearly shows its superior... but now go outside in the sun and take a pic of your car with both... the Samsung will be better... What i am now looking for is a full frame smaller portable camera which are starting to come out...

for many the htc one or one m8 camera will be great.... for others who are outdoors it may now... it does capture more similar to a full frame vs crop sensor so that is nice but at least my htc one isnt the best in bright outdoor locations where iphones shine and s4s shine... indoor pics of my daughter are incredible and not pixelated.. unfortunately even with dslrs and lenses you cant have it all...

the m8 seems to improve upon the editing features of the htc one which imo are its weakest point ... the iphone auto correct of the pictures is the only thing i miss... and imessage..

but overall after owning ever iphone since the first , i do not miss it at all...

side note , i saw the note 3 today and the build quality is much better than previous Samsungs.. the leather back was a nice touch... Best buy did not have the new htc one and everyone in the phone location looked at me like i had 9 heads when i asked for the new htc.... one responded we don't have the one max.... smh

my wife has the lg g2, which we both love as well... camera has the megapixels and colors that anyone would be happy with.... but its image stabilization is terrible... very hard to capture anything that's moving even slightly... take a still picture in average lighting though and it will be far superior to my htc one... but than i just start taking zoeys and am reminded how intuitive htc is despite the sub-par sales and reputation. No app has accomplished what the zoe does on my phone and i hear the new one is improved.

Outside the camera I truly believe my htc one is better than any phone on the market to date. I am excited for the new one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

it should be noted than when users root their samsung phones I hear the camera quality takes a huge hit when running certain roms...

also,the addition of up to 128gb micro sd card is huge and will win over many customers...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

I can use a 128gb sd now

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

The problem I've noticed with the HTC one series in general is that how many variations they have with out and people not being able to identify which one specifically. They have the htc one x,s,sv,vl,vx, maxx and I've probably missed some. I would probably have the same problem over here going to a store and asking about it. A 128gb would be nice, I still managed to haven't filled up the 32gb haha.

Speaking of the lighting, he sent me another picture. He said their wasn't any lights on, the only lighting was from his monitors. I really didn't think their would be this much of a difference.

s4
    Click here to enlarge

one
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge