Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I have been asked to delete this thread. I will not do so.

The owner of the M5 is apparently according to him being threatened by ESS due to this thread and asked me to delete this. I think deleting this does not fix the problem, it only masks it.

BimmerBoost will not cave in to bullies. I told the owner if ESS withholds whatever refund they are supposed to give him I will step in to reimburse him from my own pocket.

I strongly believe he should stand up for himself and not be bullied. I will not participate in hiding poor customer service or abuse.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

of course. forum tuner drama.
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rawad1017 Click here to enlarge
    of course. forum tuner drama.
    I'm not playing it. If it is true that they are making the kind of threats he is telling me that they are they should be exposed for it. Caving in to them solves nothing and just hides issues meaning a perpetual cycle of abuse.

It stops here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm not playing it. If it is true that they are making the kind of threats he is telling me that they are they should be exposed for it. Caving in to them solves nothing and just hides issues meaning a perpetual cycle of abuse.

It stops here.
    like what kind of $#@!face company goes through every depth of the internet to delete bad reviews about them. that's just like..unbelievably sad..
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rawad1017 Click here to enlarge
    like what kind of $#@!face company goes through every depth of the internet to delete bad reviews about them. that's just like..unbelievably sad..
    Um, a lot. They all try to remove negative reviews.

I just don't know why this guy is so scared now. He obviously wanted to share his story so why stop now? How does that help anyone or prevent anyone from going through what he is going through?

If I was him I'd post up all the threats he says he has received and show the true colors. Now isn't the time to back down.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I can't physically go through with this anymore! I have asked this forum to delete the thread! All i want at this point is to at least get the refund from ess for the alpha-n tune! I do not wish to continue this argument and i have no more strength to go on with this war! I am publicly asking the administrator again to take down the thread as it doesn't really help my situation at this point; in fact it only makes it worse...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I am not scared! I am exhausted from all this! I need strength, time and money to finish fixing my car

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mybabym5 Click here to enlarge
    I can't physically go through with this anymore! I have asked this forum to delete the thread! All i want at this point is to at least get the refund from ess for the alpha-n tune! I do not wish to continue this argument and i have no more strength to go on with this war! I am publicly asking the administrator again to take down the thread as it doesn't really help my situation at this point; in fact it only makes it worse...
    Look, it isn't just about you. It is also about all the people from this point forward who will spend their hard earned dollars. Taking this down means the cycle can continue on indefinitely and countless more people can go through what you went through.

I am offering money out of pocket to you and I'm sure forum members will chip in to help when people see you are getting taken advantage of. Why let anyone threaten you and push you around? This should be exposed, not hidden.

I will not remove the thread. It does not help the tuning community it only masks problems. If you give in to them they will see they can use threats to get things pulled. It's essentially forum terrorism. What they should be doing is working positively to make sure you are happy and to prevent problems like this in the first place.

I'm sorry, I can't delete this for you. It goes against the principles of what we are trying to accomplish here. I'm more than open to working with you toward a positive solution rather than hiding this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well, i have made my point, i think! I guess that is the way i see things! I do not wish to continue with all this any further! Just wish me luck with fixing my car!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Well, i have made my point, i think! I guess that is the way i see things! I do not wish to continue with all this any further! Just wish me luck with fixing my car!
    I do wish you luck and will do everything in my power to help you... just not by deleting anything. Feel free to PM me with any further developments or if you need help with anything.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Wow. I'm new to this forum but have already reaped a wealth of information. Clearly know now who NOT to use but any suggestions on who to use to do a SC upgrade to my 840Ci? M62 motor. Also, the car is in Fort Lauderdale so proximity would be helpful but not required.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by plbusa Click here to enlarge
    Wow. I'm new to this forum but have already reaped a wealth of information. Clearly know now who NOT to use but any suggestions on who to use to do a SC upgrade to my 840Ci? M62 motor. Also, the car is in Fort Lauderdale so proximity would be helpful but not required.
    Since you are in Florida the logical choice is to talk to Active Autowerke. @Andrew@activeautowerke

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    It has been 5 long months since the ordeal with my car started and she is finally fixed! Latest wave of problems: Faulty alternator, Cas unit and Battery! Car is 100% now! I would like to thank EVOLVE for their unrelenting support! Sal, your tune is absolutely bulletproof! Car is very consistent and pulls very strong! She is scary fast! I highly recommend Evolve alpha-n tune or any other products from EVOLVE for that matter to anyone without hesitation! It is simply the best out there! EVOLVE INTAKE is definitely next on my mod list!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

It has been 5 long months since the ordeal with my car started and she is finally fixed! Latest wave of problems: Faulty alternator, Cas unit and Battery! Car is 100% now! I would like to thank EVOLVE for their unrelenting support! Sal, your tune is absolutely bulletproof! Car is very consistent and pulls very strong! She is scary fast! I highly recommend Evolve alpha-n tune or any other products from EVOLVE for that matter to anyone without hesitation! It is simply the best out there! EVOLVE INTAKE is definitely next on my mod list!
    Glad to hear it and I hope any other non-automotive 'issues' were resolved as well.

Enjoy the car. That is ultimately what this should be about.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Im glad you got it all figured out man enjoy that beast.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Time to get ready for the upcoming Bimmerfest in August! Can't wait...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gzim335 Click here to enlarge
    Im glad you got it all figured out man enjoy that beast.
    Thanks a lot for your support! I really appreciate it!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Great to hear man.. You been through so much, glad she is back to 100% man, u deserve it..
    ///M5 LCI
    "It's like the F10 is the 911 Turbo to the E60's GT3" -Pistonheads (M5 feature)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have been asked to delete this thread. I will not do so.

The owner of the M5 is apparently according to him being threatened by ESS due to this thread and asked me to delete this. I think deleting this does not fix the problem, it only masks it.

BimmerBoost will not cave in to bullies. I told the owner if ESS withholds whatever refund they are supposed to give him I will step in to reimburse him from my own pocket.

I strongly believe he should stand up for himself and not be bullied. I will not participate in hiding poor customer service or abuse.
    Thanks Sticky, from those who have experienced bad customer service.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    No it does not make it worse. It shows to "tuners" that they must be held accountable for their actions.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by plbusa Click here to enlarge
    If I had to do it all over again, I would have just stayed with my built 4.9L M62. And instead of building it for a s/c, I would have increased the compression with wilder cams. S/C (CF) has a little, tiny window to reap it's benefits.
    Last edited by BigM62; 04-27-2014 at 09:08 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BigM62 Click here to enlarge
    If I had to do it all over again, I would have just stayed with my built 4.9L M62. And instead of building ii for a s/c, I would have increased the compression with wilder cams. S/C (CF) has a little, tiny window to reap it's benefits.
    If staying NA you are going to be chasing the S62. The M62 can be boosted, we all know this. A nice Vortech blower is really all that is needed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If staying NA you are going to be chasing the S62. The M62 can be boosted, we all know this. A nice Vortech blower is really all that is needed.
    I am speaking from experience. With my S62 crankshaft, Arrow rods, JE pistons, p-n-p heads and cams, my car without boost is a beast. Making a higher performance n/a engine is about saving weight. Don't get me wrong, I love boost, but a CF, as I have pointed out, has very little value except when driving near and up to redline. I am designing a turbo system for a few years down the line for my own personal use. I can't afford one right now as I just got back my CF kit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BigM62 Click here to enlarge
    I am speaking from experience. With my S62 crankshaft, Arrow rods, JE pistons, p-n-p heads and cams, my car without boost is a beast. Making a higher performance n/a engine is about saving weight. Don't get me wrong, I love boost, but a CF, as I have pointed out, has very little value except when driving near and up to redline. I am designing a turbo system for a few years down the line for my own personal use. I can't afford one right now as I just got back my CF kit.
    I do not disagree with you whatsoever. I'm just pointing out that you are essentially turning an M62 into an S62 and chasing that motor. Not that an NA build is not rewarding because it is.

If I could do it all over again I'd forget chasing horsepower and build the car for enjoyment. But... oh well. Boost simply makes more power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I also want to point out the M62 may be the better candidate for boost than the S62 due to the increased block material.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast