Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    The TD1 works in reverse, the ECU keeps date stamps of the changes that are non dealer. This goes online to Germany and it comes back TD1. On the slightly older scars you could do a full write to the car via BDM on the bench and you would be safe. Current cars that I know have all been caught.
    I have zero experience with all of this 3.0T VAG stuff other than owning a stock S5 with nice aftermarket wheels and RS5 grill but from what I've seen on the Audi forums, this doesn't seem to be the case. Several people with 3.0T claim to have flashed APR or GIAC, flashed back to stock and went through dealer service and supposedly had no issues. I'd have to dig through the posts but I could swear that covered both the B8 and B8.8 (2013+) ECUs. It's hearsay to me though until it becomes more widespread or I know someone who's done it and it worked or did not.
    2014 Audi S5. Black w/Black, DSG, Sport Diff, B&O sound, Nav/MMI. Stock for the moment...
    2011 335xi JB4, WW meth - retired
    2008 335xi JB3 - retired

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maxnix Click here to enlarge
    As it was explained to me by people who know, Siemens offers the encryption level to all OEM with whom they deal. BMW elects to take it. It is software, but also requires certain hardware which Siemens supplies. Once th encryption is on board of the DME, it makes no sense for an OEM not to use it.

For BMW, it has been there since late spring of 2012. 2014 had nothing to do with it.
    I do not disagree but what do you mean about 2014?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BavarianBullet Click here to enlarge
    I have zero experience with all of this 3.0T VAG stuff other than owning a stock S5 with nice aftermarket wheels and RS5 grill but from what I've seen on the Audi forums, this doesn't seem to be the case. Several people with 3.0T claim to have flashed APR or GIAC, flashed back to stock and went through dealer service and supposedly had no issues. I'd have to dig through the posts but I could swear that covered both the B8 and B8.8 (2013+) ECUs. It's hearsay to me though until it becomes more widespread or I know someone who's done it and it worked or did not.
    The guy who mentioned the Audi service bulletin is right, they are trying to flag cars. Audi isn't much better than BMW.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I helped in developing the feature set early on with Pete in the Greenhulk Seadoo forum

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecpchris Click here to enlarge
    All I have to say is MoTeC is the $#@!! I have an M130 on my seadoo and it hands down was the best thing I ever bought. The data logging and ability to control basically any parameter with a couple mouse clicks is out of this world. If I had a BMW, I would get this in a heartbeat. I don't see many 1 and 3 series owners springing for this though. Still cool

I am glad you like the M130, I learned a lot from Pete at MoTec he is a very smart Guy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Am I the only one that thinks this thing looks really similar to the new Dinan piggyback ecu for N55?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by subaru335i Click here to enlarge
    Am I the only one that thinks this thing looks really similar to the new Dinan piggyback ecu for N55?
    Night and day difference.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I guess I'm a little unsure after reading through the thread...
    At the beginning, there was a suggestion that you could run the motec in parallel with the oem ecu, but then later comments, such as post #20 by sticky, suggest it's only useful for a somewhat gutted track car. Another comment suggested you'd have to give up all of the oem dadhboard functionality.

Any further clarification possible on whether a true tandem ecu set-up that retains basic oem dashboard functionality is realistically doable?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by skyegirl Click here to enlarge
    I guess I'm a little unsure after reading through the thread...
    At the beginning, there was a suggestion that you could run the motec in parallel with the oem ecu, but then later comments, such as post #20 by sticky, suggest it's only useful for a somewhat gutted track car. Another comment suggested you'd have to give up all of the oem dadhboard functionality.

Any further clarification possible on whether a true tandem ecu set-up that retains basic oem dashboard functionality is realistically doable?
    To retain the OEM functions someone will have to figure out how to get this ECU to work in parallel with the factory DME. Right now, this is primarily a track car solution.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I do not disagree but what do you mean about 2014?
    Someone mentioned it earlier in this thread as the initiation date of the RSA 1024 encryption standard. It started in late April with the N55.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123