Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

11 out of 11 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Playing with the LPFP side of things....

Thought I'd post up some stuff for you guys...

Got a new toy today for testing. An adjustable 12-15V 35 amp power supply Click here to enlarge

Here are a few vids although not very good ones...I'll work on that Click here to enlarge

In all of these the voltage is a DVM verified 13.5 and I set the pressure to 75psi. Also...none of them have a modified venturi...in all of them the venturi is completely stock and in place....no hose clamps...no lines leading to the venturi...STOCK! Click here to enlarge

Stock LPFP (I said 9amp...but it was 12amps)

Same stock LPFP with 255 inline

New upgraded bucket ( A complete drop in and go setup)

New upgraded bucket and 255 inline

In that last test I believe I have maxed out my test rigs capacity since I'm only using 1/4" lines to the pressure control valve. I turned the pressure up to 100 psi and it still flowed 1.125GPM...usually you'd see the flows drop.

Also, that last test has not been road tested yet...it will be going in my car along with a 25amp fuse. For most people I suspect it'll be overkill and could cause problems unless their fuel system is setup for it or they're able to make use of the capacity (HPFP...E85...or whatever). We'll see but my car won't really validate that as it doesn't have a stock fuel system.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Taking it to the next level Steve, love it. I'm always happy to guinea pig hehePS your pump just went in yesterday on my car. Will post logs etc in my thread today. It's a much, much better setup but some of the PSI problems still exist.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Good work Steve, repped!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Nice thread! So, what does an upgraded bucket entail? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Repped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Good work Steve, crazy how your single pump is equal to the inline and the stock intank. I can only imagine that both of them will never have any problems with pressure dropping. Just gotta make sure the HPFP can take it on the other end.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Pretty cool. What does the bucket pump upgrade entail?
    335i Coupe, JB4 (G4, map 5) DCI and 40% E85 blend: 2009 BMW 335i Coupe: 12.173 @ 109.490 MPH

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Obviously a new pump, fuel line, and buttoning things up on my end...for the user...pull the old assembly out...put the new one in, connect the stock connections, and send the old unit back to me for a refund on your deposit.....done! Click here to enlarge

That said...they aren't released but are in beta on my car, another car with a stock fuel system...and will likely be going out to another beta car soon.

Oh...and I can finally "rep" now...thanks guys....rep for everybody Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SteveAZ Click here to enlarge
    Obviously a new pump, fuel line, and buttoning things up on my end...for the user...pull the old assembly out...put the new one in, connect the stock connections, and send the old unit back to me for a refund on your deposit.....done! Click here to enlarge

That said...they aren't released but are in beta on my car, another car with a stock fuel system...and will likely be going out to another beta car soon.

Oh...and I can finally "rep" now...thanks guys....rep for everybody Click here to enlarge
    You're going to get addicted to the rep system and this forum lol. You got 100 points fast!!
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Are guys having lpfp flow problems with two pump kits on big power set ups? Or is this geared toward just a cleaner plug and play kit?

Damn it Steve, use your ingenuity for our hpfp problems.
    E92 N54 3368lbs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Nice to see the videos after you explained everything to me. Thanks for all the help via email. I will test our newest set up tomorrow with our new parts and send you some logs...Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

I love how you measured amperage of the different setups, that's good to know. Good stuff man.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SteveAZ Click here to enlarge

What kind of pump are you installing in the bucket, or is that a secret for now? E85 compatible?

I was going to jump on the in line upgrade kit you put together but now I'm thinking I'll wait for this if the new pump is E85 compliant. Guess I'll wait to see your finished testing results.
    335i Coupe, JB4 (G4, map 5) DCI and 40% E85 blend: 2009 BMW 335i Coupe: 12.173 @ 109.490 MPH

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Okay...here's some fun stuff!

This is a video with the 450 pump being used as a sump pump. After the 450 pump is two 255 inline pumps being run in parallel. I wanted to see how much fuel we could get through the smallest orifice of the stock fuel system (.190"s) and what it takes.

Enjoy!

Note...when I had all 3 pumps wired in parallel...it pulled about 35 amps and flowed 1.8GPM but quickly backed off that so I didn't toast the power supply.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

To answer a couple questions...

No...none of the pumps I'm running are "e85 certified", there aren't many options out there for that. But on the same hand...we're seeing very few failures...as a matter of fact, if anybody knows of one that can be contributed to E85...I'd like to hear it. In talking with a Walbro rep...most of the failures they see are caused by contamination.

As to my new stock bucket setup...availability on this is going to be very limited because I have to send out your bucket, then I have to get back your old bucket to build it up for the next customer.

Also...it'll be more expensive because not only do I have to obtain the parts...I have to rebuild the bucket. The good news is, internally as far as the venturi goes...it remains completely stock. The only real difference between a stock bucket and my bucket is that my bucket eliminates the 90 degree fitting and goes straight to the OEM style hose that you then connect your stock fuel line to.

The other good news...I tested a 450 pump...it flowed 1.25GPM at 21amps with no venturi hooked up.

My upgraded bucket with a 255 inline....1.125GPM with the venturi hooked up and it pulled 22 amps. This setup is going in my car probably today...gotta take the wife out first to stay out of trouble Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

One other thing to note...as you guys know...we can supply all the fuel we want but if the HPFP can't make use of it, it's pointless. I'm doing the testing for these really high flow setups for Tony so he can test his stuff. Most everybody else won't be able to make use of it.

I am probably one of the rare exceptions because as many of you know, I have been injecting E85 in to the CP under high load for a while now. Consequently not only do I need the flows, but I also need to keep my pressures up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Steve, I really appreciate all this testing you are doing for me. It's 110% helpful. I will test the 044 set up tomorrow and hopefully have some good news to report. We appreciate your work on this. And yes to quell any curiousity our new HPFP solution is installed and running on our shop car, we are addressing the lp side of things to make sure you are feeding it enough. Info will come when we feel it's ready to talk about, until then we will not be releasing anything.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

^it's all good...working together toward a common goal!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

So the 450 pump does very well on its own. Low amps and high flow.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

"To answer a couple questions... No...none of the pumps I'm running are "e85 certified", there aren't many options out there for that. But on the same hand...we're seeing very few failures...as a matter of fact, if anybody knows of one that can be contributed to E85...I'd like to hear it. In talking with a Walbro rep...most of the failures they see are caused by contamination. As to my new stock bucket setup...availability on this is going to be very limited because I have to send out your bucket, then I have to get back your old bucket to build it up for the next customer. Also...it'll be more expensive because not only do I have to obtain the parts...I have to rebuild the bucket. The good news is, internally as far as the venturi goes...it remains completely stock. The only real difference between a stock bucket and my bucket is that my bucket eliminates the 90 degree fitting and goes straight to the OEM style hose that you then connect your stock fuel line to. The other good news...I tested a 450 pump...it flowed 1.25GPM at 21amps with no venturi hooked up. My upgraded bucket with a 255 inline....1.125GPM with the venturi hooked up and it pulled 22 amps. This setup is going in my car probably today...gotta take the wife out first to stay out of trouble" The Walbro 450 pump was specifically designed for E85 use so I would assume it is certified for E85.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    So the 450 pump does very well on its own. Low amps and high flow.
    At least on my car, the 450 run inline (FFTEC version) with the stock pump went nuts from an amp standpoint, blew the stock 20 amp 3 times in a few hundred miles. But it flows very, very well under load.

I’ll be sending my FFTEC pump over to Steve sometime this week, he’ll get it bench tested so we can see what type of amps it’s pulling when run inline. Obviously it’s over 20; I’m just not sure by how much.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Steve just showed it pulls 21 amps. So that would pop a 20 amp fuse over and over, but putting a 25 amp fuse in there it would be fine. The 450 pump is the pump of choice is you ask me, its not much bigger than the stock pump, flows a LOT, is quiet, and doesn't draw too many amps. I actually just made a cool little adaptor to run one inline from the parts that come with the pump..Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Steve just showed it pulls 21 amps. So that would pop a 20 amp fuse over and over, but putting a 25 amp fuse in there it would be fine. The 450 pump is the pump of choice is you ask me, its not much bigger than the stock pump, flows a LOT, is quiet, and doesn't draw too many amps. I actually just made a cool little adaptor to run one inline from the parts that come with the pump..Click here to enlarge
    I agree it offers a lot of upside. Honestly you should package that setup for not $600 and make a killing. The price FFTEC charges is obscene, Iíve looked at the billet piece a billion times troubleshooting and itís just not anything in that ballpark price wise.

Edit: Wasnít Steves quote of 21 amps for the 450 run as a standalone in-bucket? If thatís the case, we donít know what it runs in-line. Thatís what Iím curious to see. Hopefully his testing with my FFTEC pump will help with your goals on the HPFP side as well.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Agreed...it is hands down the best pump I've tested. The problem at this point is that people have so many problems installing it.

When we have a functional hpfp upgrade...game on!

Can't wait to test the 450 inline so we can see what's going on.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    The Walbro 450 pump was specifically designed for E85 use so I would assume it is certified for E85.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast