Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Subscribed - good stuff in here. Click here to enlarge
    Current: '00 S2000
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Looks like flatlining trims.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

hey guys so basically my o2 placement wasnt the best. the o2's were pulled out of the stream too much and werent getting proper readings. i fixed this along with yet another failed o2 and the car is running amazing. afr seems to acting normal and i got a decent log. take a look and let me know what you think. the car is a animal.

http://www.datazap.me/u/930-turbo/ne...=0&data=1-4-18

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

What are you using for tuning? AFR's fluctuate quite a bit. Looks like your tires spun at the top of 2nd and caused some boost and AFR oscillation? Honestly the whole log just doesn't look very smooth at all. Looks like low and high pressure of fueling was fine though. IAT's were also in check but no surprise with meth. I don't see that you logged timing correction?
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Oh, and did you have DCS on? Looks like DME pulled timing and boost when you lost traction, and also see that you are struggling to hold boost in third? I'm no expert, but the log just doesn't look very clean.

Any performance testing done? 60-130, 1/4 mile trap or ET, or anything?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Oh, and did you have DCS on? Looks like DME pulled timing and boost when you lost traction, and also see that you are struggling to hold boost in third? I'm no expert, but the log just doesn't look very clean.

Any performance testing done? 60-130, 1/4 mile trap or ET, or anything?

tuning is jb4 with back end flash and single turbo map from terry. DSc was fully off and I lost traction at the top of third. No other figures or anything yet as I'm just getting it going well now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 930-turbo Click here to enlarge
    tuning is jb4 with back end flash and single turbo map from terry. DSc was fully off and I lost traction at the top of third. No other figures or anything yet as I'm just getting it going well now.
    You only lost traction in third? Then wtf happened in 2nd? You got to 7krpm then dropped to 6krpm then back up to 7150 then shifted? Wheel slip in third makes sense as to why you started losing boost then. Weird that you lost traction in third and not second though....

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    You only lost traction in third? Then wtf happened in 2nd? You got to 7krpm then dropped to 6krpm then back up to 7150 then shifted? Wheel slip in third makes sense as to why you started losing boost then. Weird that you lost traction in third and not second though....

Lol traction in second was a write off as well. It hooked up when I shifted to third then broke up a bit top of third

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Lol traction in second was a write off as well. It hooked up when I shifted to third then broke up a bit top of third
    Yeah, that makes sense lol

Anyway, how well does the car launch? Looks like it takes forever to hit boost in 2nd,but 3rd looks pretty good, I bet that 3rd gear shift is quite a ride, haha!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Hahaha honestly today was the first day I took the car passed 18 psi and 3rd gear is just crazy!! It just keeps pulling.

Also so I haven't even launched the car at all yet. With the stock twins I've launched it 100 times and it was great no wheel hop. But with the new set up Ive taken her easy. I just got the car running nicely ish today lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

You need to do a 3rd gear log from about 2.5k rpm till 7k rpm.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    You need to do a 3rd gear log from about 2.5k rpm till 7k rpm.

3rd gear log. 18psi

http://www.datazap.me/u/930-turbo/18...zoom=2372-3662

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Hmm, Idk looks kinda weird and hard to get a value. I can see that you hit full boost at 4.8k rpm pretty much, the rest is too scrunched up to tell. @Tzu @mjmarovi what you do you think?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Bro, first off, you need to log WOT only. It's best to log a complete pull, like say 30-130, which is pretty much all of 2nd and 3rd gear. Log WOT throttle only, and make sure you also log timing correction. From what I can tell things are ok for the most part but the car is really struggling to spool that turbo.

Which exact turbo is it again? And I don't just mean compressor housing size, but turbine A/R, turbine inducer/exducer, compressor wheel inducer/exducer, single scroll, twin scroll, ball bearing, etc.

I hate to tell ya but I think unless you build the motor or at least port it to get some better flow and maybe a stroked crank I just don't see a turbo larger than a 6466 being much of use on these cars. Even that turbo I feel is too big, but people are using them so to each their own

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Hahah first ppl tell me not to log second gear now you tell me to log second gear!! Lol my computer lagged a bit when I started logging leading to that extended cruise in the log lol, I assumed the jb4 logged all parameters but I'll check and activate timing correction as we'll.

the turbo is dbb garret gt37r twinscroll with 63.5 comp inducer 88 comp exducer and .72 comp ar. Turbine is 72.5mm and turbine housing is .89 a/r.
    Last edited by 930-turbo; 03-26-2014 at 06:34 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Hahah first ppl tell me not to log second gear now you tell me to log second gear!! Lol my computer lagged a bit when I started logging leading to that extended cruise in the log lol, I assumed the jb4 logged all parameters but I'll check and activate timing correction as we'll.

the turbo is dbb garret gt37r twinscroll with 63.5 comp inducer 88 comp exducer and .72 comp ar. Turbine is 72.5mm and turbine housing is .89 a/r.
    Maybe post this on Terry's forum and send some wot .csv logs to him for evaulation?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    If your worried about spool, just add a 50shot and turn the boost down 3-5psi. have the n20 turn on at 3k and you'll have full boost by no later than 3.5k. Lag fixed and HUGE TQ gains are realized.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Moedigzz Click here to enlarge
    If your worried about spool, just add a 50shot and turn the boost down 3-5psi. have the n20 turn on at 3k and you'll have full boost by no later than 3.5k. Lag fixed and HUGE TQ gains are realized.
    Until your bottle runs out and then you need to suck on your thumb like a baby.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Wow. smh.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123