Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 930-turbo Click here to enlarge
    ya i love how the wastegate it set up it works extremely well. the car is a 2007 6mt i dont currently have a ny logs worth uploading but as soon as i do i will do so. When the 72mm borg warner was on it was ridiculous. Terrible match unless you can raise the rev limit and take advantage. The gt37r is a true gt37R dual ball bearing with .91 a/r hotside. it spools really well and im always in my powerband no complaints. i can see it make 7xx easily.

Fuel system is just a walbro inline and the meth bridging the gap for now but as i said i havent got passed 18lbs but at 18 is pulls hard! 3rd gear is a right off. ive had alot of problems burning o2 sensors. ive gone through 5 of them at 200 a pop. Click here to enlarge
    Where are your sensors placed? Pics? I heard something about adding a spacer or something usually fixes the issue.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Where are your sensors placed? Pics? I heard something about adding a spacer or something usually fixes the issue.
    there placed in the manifold in their respective banks. i originally had them installed with J-pipe extenders with a medium pill that vibrant makes but they kept burning out.i just put in the "thermal isolaters" that shiv and everybody else seems to be using and it been 2 weeks so far so well see how it goes. it usually takes 2 to 4 weeks to burn the o2 out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so you own all those mystery pics on boost theory's instagram lol
    nice to find out who the owner of the car is,beautiful stuff man!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    your in toronto!!!!? im on the edge of starting my own single build aswell would love to see yours in person since its the first one im seeing in ontario. im going to be going to the chicago event aswell, along side with couple of my buddies with s/c m3's

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ive had alot of problems burning o2 sensors. ive gone through 5 of them at 200 a pop.
    How come?
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alexx03 Click here to enlarge
    so you own all those mystery pics on boost theory's instagram lol
    nice to find out who the owner of the car is,beautiful stuff man!
    Thanks dude!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by WNF_335i Click here to enlarge
    your in toronto!!!!? im on the edge of starting my own single build aswell would love to see yours in person since its the first one im seeing in ontario. im going to be going to the chicago event aswell, along side with couple of my buddies with s/c m3's
    Yup I think I am the first not 100 % sure tho. I'll be cruising down with those s/c m3's aswell. It'll be a fun 8 hour cruise ��

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    How come?
    I've heard of some others guys having problems but I Donno if it's as bad as mine. From what I understand the o2 weren't designed to be in the manifold with the much higher temps and they fail very quickly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've heard of some others guys having problems but I Donno if it's as bad as mine. From what I understand the o2 weren't designed to be in the manifold with the much higher temps and they fail very quickly.
    Is there a solution to it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Is there a solution to it?
    Well the latest peice I put in is these "thermal isolators" basically heat sinks that drop the temp at the o2. This is what most people are using currently with success I Beleive. I was speaking with terry and he also just burned a bank 1 upstream o2. Exact same one I've been burning aswell. I have those heat spacers in now so lets hope they work. Gotta be honest it's getting annoying bringing the car in to change o2 everything 3 weeks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Gotta be honest it's getting annoying bringing the car in to change o2 everything 3 weeks.
    I can definitely see that. Hope you guys figure out something that is a more permanent solution than a new part every few weeks...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well the latest peice I put in is these "thermal isolators" basically heat sinks that drop the temp at the o2. This is what most people are using currently with success I Beleive. I was speaking with terry and he also just burned a bank 1 upstream o2. Exact same one I've been burning aswell. I have those heat spacers in now so lets hope they work. Gotta be honest it's getting annoying bringing the car in to change o2 everything 3 weeks.
    Make sure you have it faced away from the direction of the exhaust flow and velocity ect. As well has good o2 sensor heat sink type bungs etc.

Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Make sure you have it faced away from the direction of the exhaust flow and velocity ect. As well has good o2 sensor heat sink type bungs etc.

Click here to enlarge
    I have the heat sink bung adapter installed and the o2 is pulled out of the flow totally. I'll try to attatch a diagram but my drawings skills are terrible. Also over the passed couple of days I've developed a wierd partial throttle oscillation/surges as if the car is surges forward then stopping then surging forward and stopping again. Like chugging. Wot is fine tho

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Here is a quick terrible drawing lol. The curve up is actually much tighter and the o2 is at the lowest part of the curve.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Registered for a half mile event in Chicago in June so should be exiting.
    Will you be there on Saturday? Would love to see this thing run.
    07 E92 335I | JB4 G5 ISO | BMS E85 Flash | DCI | BMS DPs | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCU Flash | Walbro GLS392 | E70 | 429rwhp/474rwtq

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AWil335i Click here to enlarge
    Will you be there on Saturday? Would love to see this thing run.

Yep ill ill be racing in Saturday . Should be fun

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lamia2super Click here to enlarge
    ^ that a tight fit
    That's what she said. Click here to enlarge

Seriously though OP, very cool.

-Rich

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have the heat sink bung adapter installed and the o2 is pulled out of the flow totally. I'll try to attatch a diagram but my drawings skills are terrible. Also over the passed couple of days I've developed a wierd partial throttle oscillation/surges as if the car is surges forward then stopping then surging forward and stopping again. Like chugging. Wot is fine tho
    Not bad then, hopefully it will last longer with the new bungs. I have yet to try it out yet so you've had more experience so far lol.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by richpike Click here to enlarge
    That's what she said. Click here to enlarge

Seriously though OP, very cool.

-Rich
    thanks dude!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Not bad then, hopefully it will last longer with the new bungs. I have yet to try it out yet so you've had more experience so far lol.

lets hope you have better luck.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    got a decent log last night, alot of wheels spin tho. im not that best at reading logs but it seems very lean to me. this is with 94octane and 100% methyl hydrate 2 snow nozzles 625ml and 375ml.

http://www.datazap.me/u/930-turbo/gt...-meth-94octane

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    got a decent log last night, alot of wheels spin tho. im not that best at reading logs but it seems very lean to me. this is with 94octane and 100% methyl hydrate 2 snow nozzles 625ml and 375ml.

http://www.datazap.me/u/930-turbo/gt...-meth-94octane
    You are running very lean. I assume you have the backend flash? Looks like its using the low load map. I would suggest switching to the Manual transmission high load maps that Terry has, should allow the DME more overhead for fueling. I'm not familiar enough with the JB4 log parameters to understanding what i am looking at (outside of the obv labels), but the channel labeled "trims" sticks at 0.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    You are running very lean. I assume you have the backend flash? Looks like its using the low load map. I would suggest switching to the Manual transmission high load maps that Terry has, should allow the DME more overhead for fueling. I'm not familiar enough with the JB4 log parameters to understanding what i am looking at (outside of the obv labels), but the channel labeled "trims" sticks at 0.
    im running the backend flash with single turbo map terry emailed to me. ive emailed the log to terry to see what he thinks. i wanna turn up the boost! lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yep ill ill be racing in Saturday . Should be fun
    Great, cant wait to see the car and line up. I'll bring the go-pro so you can brag afterwards haha
    07 E92 335I | JB4 G5 ISO | BMS E85 Flash | DCI | BMS DPs | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCU Flash | Walbro GLS392 | E70 | 429rwhp/474rwtq

Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast