Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is a suck.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Crap like this is why i'm sure glad i do not live in CA. BMS should relocate so they can continue selling their amazing products.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BimmerNFS Click here to enlarge
    Crap like this is why i'm sure glad i do not live in CA. BMS should relocate so they can continue selling their amazing products.
    Not sure you are grasping how this works. Does not matter where your company is based, if you sell said products to people in California that can affect emissions, once you got CARBS radar, they expect you to comply with their rules.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Does the clause for OFFROAD USE only help in any way?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Not sure you are grasping how this works. Does not matter where your company is based, if you sell said products to people in California that can affect emissions, once you got CARBS radar, they expect you to comply with their rules.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Irony = I was thinking of picking up an o2 sim
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hey guys,

We received a notice 3/14 from CARB that basically states we need to block all on-road performance part sales in to California. Although we feel it's always been clearly stated on both the website, install guides, and terms & conditions that all performance parts are sold by BMS are for use on off-road / competition vehicles only, we want to take some time to review our marketing and operating procedures in CA. Until that time we've suspended performance part sales in CA.

In addition in doing some additional research certain competition use only parts appear more likely to attract misuse so just to play it extra safe we've decided to no longer distribute / resell any products that could be used to remove an emissions control system. Effective immediately we will no longer distribute downpipes from CPE, ER Racing, AR design, JIM Exhaust, etc. CPE has discussed getting their catted downpipe CARB approved and if they are able to do that then we will consider reselling them again.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DC47A Click here to enlarge
    "THIS PRODUCT IS FOR OFF ROAD COMPETITION USE ONLY!" What emissions? My car passed the test. I only use those parts on the track. F CARB they are not a major government agency that can tell the likes of Terry Burger what to do he is a BOSS! Believe me there are many ways around this. Hippies, Hipster, Yuppies, Green Thumbs, tree huggers need to join the peace core and go to Africa or South America and help some people and stop the nonsense. You will never stop emissions nor eliminate this fictitious thing they call global warming. Not to mention the earth rotates and has trade winds, so what is emitted in China today is here in California tomorrow. Bring back manufacturing and higher emissions and we all will have a couple dollars in our pockets! In turn being so happy because we can have the extra money and time to go on nature drives and do fat frothy burn outs in front of the people we view out in the middle of no where on the side of twisty back roads. I digress. . . . .

Oh and P.S. they would absolutely love my Big tubro 6Liter huffing HELLACIOUS black smoke past them holding those signs.
    Um, CARB tells everyone what to do including the BIG boys.

Last month, San Bernardino County Superior Court fined an Ontario, CA trucking company $300,000 after a California Air Resources Board (CARB) investigation revealed that the carrier failed to upgrade 32 Transport Refrigeration Units (TRUs) with cleaner-burning, 2002-model-year or newer diesel engines.
    The California Air Resources Board announced nearly $1 million in penalties against 3 companies for late or inaccurate reporting of their greenhouse gas emissions for 2011. This action marks the second time the Air Resources Board has issued fines for violations of California’s Mandatory Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reporting regulation.

• Chevron USA Inc. will pay $364,500 for reporting incorrect information regarding operations at its El Segundo Refinery. In this case the data remained uncorrected for 243 days.
    • In a separate matter, Chevron North America Exploration & Production Company of Houston, TX has agreed to pay $328,500 for late reporting of greenhouse gas emissions from its San Joaquin Valley oil fields. That data was late or incorrect for 219 days.
    • Southwest Gas Corporation of Las Vegas, NV has agreed to pay $300,000 to resolve its late report regarding natural gas supplied to California for the year 2011. Southwest’s data was reported 320 days late.

The companies in all three cases have cooperated with the Air Resources Board to correct inaccurate data and to file missing reports. In each case, these are first violations and investigators have determined they were inadvertent. The companies involved brought the missing reports to ARB’s attention.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Check your email.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Hey guys,

We received a notice 3/14 from CARB that basically states we need to block all on-road performance part sales in to California. Although we feel it's always been clearly stated on both the website, install guides, and terms & conditions that all performance parts are sold by BMS are for use on off-road / competition vehicles only, we want to take some time to review our marketing and operating procedures in CA. Until that time we've suspended performance part sales in CA.

In addition in doing some additional research certain competition use only parts appear more likely to attract misuse so just to play it extra safe we've decided to no longer distribute / resell any products that could be used to remove an emissions control system. Effective immediately we will no longer distribute downpipes from CPE, ER Racing, AR design, JIM Exhaust, etc. CPE has discussed getting their catted downpipe CARB approved and if they are able to do that then we will consider reselling them again.
    What about their records request and also statement that you need to apply for exemption even if the parts are for off-road use?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Check your email.
    I did.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

• Chevron USA Inc. will pay $364,500 for reporting incorrect information regarding operations at its El Segundo Refinery. In this case the data remained uncorrected for 243 days.
    • In a separate matter, Chevron North America Exploration & Production Company of Houston, TX has agreed to pay $328,500 for late reporting of greenhouse gas emissions from its San Joaquin Valley oil fields. That data was late or incorrect for 219 days.
    • Southwest Gas Corporation of Las Vegas, NV has agreed to pay $300,000 to resolve its late report regarding natural gas supplied to California for the year 2011. Southwest’s data was reported 320 days late.

The companies in all three cases have cooperated with the Air Resources Board to correct inaccurate data and to file missing reports. In each case, these are first violations and investigators have determined they were inadvertent. The companies involved brought the missing reports to ARB’s attention.
    So let's get this straight...

CARB gets just under $1million in fines for companies that self-report their failure to file compliance on a timely basis? That would be the same thing as one of us going up to a squad car, telling the cop that we just drove 15 over on the highway, and the cop gives us a ticket.

If CARB isn't paying close enough attention to see that companies are nearly a year late with their reporting, what the $#@! are they doing with YOUR taxes?
    Current: '00 S2000
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    how about, vendors like BMS, to comply with CARB, sell downpipes with 200 cel cats?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Article: CARB (California Air Resources Board) orders BMS (Burger Tuning) to cease and desist the sale of BMW Aftermarket Performance Parts In California

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    $#@! that stupid fat red head troll looking $#@!. so $#@!ing dumb you pay for something you should be able to do with it what you want when it comes to modifying a car. this is nothing more than socalist $#@!s trying to destroy small business. global warming is a sham which has been proven over and over again. this is just like everything else the democrats are doing taking attention away from whats really an issue and make something up and blow it out of proportion to hide what really matters.

$#@! my grammer

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by crazylegs Click here to enlarge
    $#@! that stupid fat red head troll looking $#@!. so $#@!ing dumb you pay for something you should be able to do with it what you want when it comes to modifying a car. this is nothing more than socalist $#@!s trying to destroy small business. global warming is a sham which has been proven over and over again. this is just like everything else the democrats are doing taking attention away from whats really an issue and make something up and blow it out of proportion to hide what really matters.

$#@! my grammer
    It's CARB flexing their muscle but they usually don't go after the small guys. They like to target OEM's and levy huge fines. Going after BMS is odd to me.

I don't know what Terry will do but I'm concerned and hope he figures out the best solution.

What I'm concerned about for you guys is CARB trying to get a list of people with modifications. Targeting individuals seems to be next.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I, for one, have never purchased, used, seen, or ridden in any vehicles with illegal performance modifications. My hobbies include modifying Prius's with solar panels to increase the range, useful as I'm going about the countryside planting trees and picking up highway litter. I'm just here for Sticky.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SCGT Click here to enlarge
    I'm just here for Sticky.
    I would assume most are. I should start charging.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't know what Terry will do but I'm concerned and hope he figures out the best solution.
    Just to stick it Cali. He can base the company out of Vegas. Sell what he can legally to Cali customers. Sell all products to customers in every other state. Honestly if they want to threaten with fines, I would just move the business and pay taxes to a business friendly state like Nevada (pay a lot less taxes too).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    a large majority of his business comes from cali... more profit there than what it would cost to become sanctioned with whatever org that is... I would assume atleast
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The following link is a similar situation with Two Brothers performance in CA. It just so happens they sell a motorcycle tune call Juice Box.

http://www.arb.ca.gov/enf/casesett/sa/two_bros_sa.pdf

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    t should cut them a check and tell them to get lost
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    Just to stick it Cali. He can base the company out of Vegas. Sell what he can legally to Cali customers. Sell all products to customers in every other state. Honestly if they want to threaten with fines, I would just move the business and pay taxes to a business friendly state like Nevada (pay a lot less taxes too).
    You guys don't seem to be getting it. It doesn't matter if he is based in Cali or not. If you want to sell anything in California CARB is involved. Just look at how CARB fined the Nevada company.

Moving doesn't accomplish anything.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You guys don't seem to be getting it. It doesn't matter if he is based in Cali or not. If you want to sell anything in California CARB is involved. Just look at how CARB fined the Nevada company.

Moving doesn't accomplish anything.
    Purpose of moving the business is to stick to Cali. Why have a business in Cali and pay taxes to a non business friendly state.

I never said he could sell products in Cali if he moves it.

I said and I quote "
    Sell what he can legally to Cali customers. Sell all products to customers in every other state." So basically sell any carb legal products to Cali customers.

He can just base his business out Nevada, as a big f*ck you to Cali.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    downpipes with 200 cel cats for california customers...
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    Purpose of moving the business is to stick to Cali. Why have a business in Cali and pay taxes to a non business friendly state.

I never said he could sell products in Cali if he moves it.

I said and I quote "
    Sell what he can legally to Cali customers. Sell all products to customers in every other state." So basically sell any carb legal products to Cali customers.

He can just base his business out Nevada, as a big f*ck you to Cali.
    All that will accomplish is him moving his family and business and losing the largest car market he can possibly have. It isn't an option. The lawyers will fight this out.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast