Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Loose Rear Turbo Air Inlet Tube

While doing an oil change and cleaning my under panels from an oil canister housing leak I had fixed recently I discovered (by chance) that my rear turbo inlet tube was not connected to the turbo housing properly. I tried using a pry bar to push it back in place to no avail.

I know this has been brought up before, but in doing a search the only post that was directly related was the one below.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=566130

Have there been any newer solutions or fixes that keep this tube in place better?!?!?

I am not getting any boost leak codes, but I am getting some oscillation in second gear at low rpm. I have no idea how long it has been loose.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sean
    Click here to enlarge
    '07 E90 335i AW 6MT Sport & Comfort Pkgs
    MODS: |COBB AP | CP-e | ER | Forge | DCI | KW V1 | M3 Sways | BBS CH | M3 Body Parts| MTech | CF Wrap Trim

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdaddycane Click here to enlarge
    While doing an oil change and cleaning my under panels from an oil canister housing leak I had fixed recently I discovered (by chance) that my rear turbo inlet tube was not connected to the turbo housing properly. I tried using a pry bar to push it back in place to no avail.

I know this has been brought up before, but in doing a search the only post that was directly related was the one below.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=566130

Have there been any newer solutions or fixes that keep this tube in place better?!?!?

I am not getting any boost leak codes, but I am getting some oscillation in second gear at low rpm. I have no idea how long it has been loose.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sean
    if it's the inlet tube you won't get codes. You just sucking dirty air though as some of the intake air will be unfiltered. You got to address this as small pieces of sand or dust can harm the turbine due to the speed it spins.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I think Tony Vargas offers a bracket to secure the rear inlet tube in place
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Do you have siren sounds? Curious.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

George, I'm trying to address it this week. New rubber gasket as well....the existing one has to be shot.

Thanks Rader, I will look and see what Tony has.

Yes, I got occasional siren sounds only when the temperature was warm.

Any issues like this with the FRONT inlet tube?
    Click here to enlarge
    MODS: |COBB AP | CP-e | ER | Forge | DCI | KW V1 | M3 Sways | BBS CH | M3 Body Parts| MTech | CF Wrap Trim

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdaddycane Click here to enlarge
    George, I'm trying to address it this week. New rubber gasket as well....the existing one has to be shot.

Thanks Rader, I will look and see what Tony has.

Yes, I got occasional siren sounds only when the temperature was warm.

Any issues like this with the FRONT inlet tube?
    No. IIRC the cause of this is because the rear turbo gets all the PCV crap.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

thanks 1Hoser I thought so, but just wanted to make sure. I have the RB PCV valve, but am still getting some seepage from the tube being loose, hence the reason I found it because I was looking for a where a small leak was occurring.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

I am thinking you are the one who emailed us. But if not, yes we have a bracket to hold it on. Email me for pricing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I am thinking you are the one who emailed us. But if not, yes we have a bracket to hold it on. Email me for pricing.
    that be me!
    Click here to enlarge