Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Transilvanian M50 B20

Hello guys!I`ve just joined this forum a while ago,to turn for some long lusted advice and oppinions about a project of mine iwe been working on these past three months.Its about an M50B20 E36 4 door sedan bmw.Ill relate later about the car itself but now the troublesome is the engine tuning.

I am a novice car mechanic/welder.My profession is A/C,heating,cooling on vehicles.so i did not jump in internals lately.

I have an M50 B20 1992 engine,cast iron block,trimmed and equipped with the M50B25i internals,intake manifold,exhaust manifold(same as B20 imo),injectors,ramp so on so on....i have an "unbranded" twin screw supercharger bolted on it,the day i bought the charger,i pulled it off a wreck,what used to be an good ol M62 v8,
    the charger is twin screw,pretty big in size,has no release valve,small pulley,pretty small intake,and fairly large outlet,it produces around 0.5 bars on idle,and at 4 to 5k rpm it maxes out at almost 1.05 bars.

Now,iwe talked to a bunch of people in my city,who have experience in boosting these bmw monsters,but,nobody tried supercharging them...so im pretty much stacked up on eronated information.

My car is built up to the position where im waiting to re-remap the ECU for recieving the extra boost,my pipes are all in line,vacuum and such.
    i stumbled on a small issue where i got stuck,i dont know how,to install a bypass valve/pressure release valve/blow off valve on to the sistem,on the piping,before the throttle body,so i can RELEASE the extra boost i got on idle.i already have a cheap hks sqv blow off valve im experimenting on,with a dozen springs,but no luck so far,id really not burn down my engine,and on a pretty tight budget,since this world chrisis sucks.id prefer to modify the current setting i have to fit my needs.

i would like to limit my intake boost to about under 1 bar!0.7 to 0.8 would be suffice. How?

i would like to use my already bought HKS sqv blow off valve,as a dump valve in IDLE,and throttle release,to get rid of excess building pressure between the throttle and charger.How?.

Thanks,guys...and take me lightly,

Im a peasant and a small dot,next to you folks,and youre projects.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ugh man, punctuation on this needs to be cleaned up. Editing for you...

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok that's easier to read now but that's still the ugliest post I've ever seen man. Capital letters, punctuation, grammar, what's up?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Sounds like a pretty cool project, share some pics when you get a chance.

As for re-mapping the factory DME/ECU, it is certainly possible and regularly done here in the States. OBD I units generally need a socketed 'chip' while OBD II cars can be 'flashed'.

Here are two popular tuners who may be able to help you:

Good luck and keep us posted!
    Click here to enlarge
    Boost Is Better
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge