Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Repped!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lamia2super Click here to enlarge

those gtr's should be using wiggin clamps! end of story lol
    wiggins clemps ftw

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, I'd love to get us all together for a track night or something. There's you, Dan, me, and that guy form Gainesville, damn can never remember his screen name.
    @georgiatechcoupe and @JMARS

ya monicas 5 of us STs
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is this an AT? I see you've upgraded the trans Click here to enlarge ??

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lfelunden Click here to enlarge
    Is this an AT? I see you've upgraded the trans Click here to enlarge ??
    Trans upgrade work was suppose to start today.

EDIT: Sorry, I forget how crazy the time change is. It is being delivered this evening, or rather tomorrow morning in Austrailia since they are 18 hours ahead....lol it's so weird. Just like my wheels coming from Taiwan, they will fly from Taiwan and land in the USA hours before they took off...time travel? LOL you gain 13 hours when coming from Taiwan, so it's funny cause items from there will sometimes make it door to door in what seems like 36 hours...
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Trans upgrade work was suppose to start today.

EDIT: Sorry, I forget how crazy the time change is. It is being delivered this evening, or rather tomorrow morning in Austrailia since they are 18 hours ahead....lol it's so weird. Just like my wheels coming from Taiwan, they will fly from Taiwan and land in the USA hours before they took off...time travel? LOL you gain 13 hours when coming from Taiwan, so it's funny cause items from there will sometimes make it door to door in what seems like 36 hours...

Yep... you can arrive places before you left.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2100+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Tell us more about this trans upgrade please Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Good luck on the trans build. I really hope you can find a solution.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lfelunden Click here to enlarge
    Tell us more about this trans upgrade please Click here to enlarge
    As the updates come I will post updates and details on everything the shop doing it allows me to post. They are definitely eager and hard on it, they were going to wait until Monday to tear it down but decided to stay late when it arrived yesterday...err..thursday...friday for them, and got it torn down and examined it and started comparing it to their 6hp26 upgrade. Looks like it is actually very similar, only smaller than the hp26. They are the only shop in AUS, well the world for that matter AFAIK, that offers complete hardware and tuning upgrades for the ZF 6hp26, so hopefully they can help us out. The 6hp26 was in a very similar position as we are until they got it in their hands, so things are looking good.

They will be making further examination, but sounds like they plan on starting machining of the new hardware pieces as early as next week.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Good luck on the trans build. I really hope you can find a solution.
    Thanks man, really good luck to the shop who has it, lol.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Trans upgrade ? You mean MT swap ? Lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    frenk pls. u gonna meet up in ft laud when im home?
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOL this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No...if for some reason things don't work out my next option will be a DCT swap, assuming an upgrade for it is available by the time I would do the swap, if not, then yes, I would then do a 6MT swap.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well I really hope that the trans upgrade will work! Click here to enlarge I guess they would gain loads of requests from the N54 AT community if they do it!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Anxious to see what the Aussies can do with your trans. Awesome build MJ, attempting to move the platform forward and it is MUCH appreciated by the rest of us.
    -Modified safety triangle in trunk
    -Carbon fiber key overlay
    PLANNED MODS
    -Wheel spacers

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Hey guys, sorry for slow updates, but I do have a couple things, no pics though today. The manifold had to be cut up a bit and put back together to move the turbo flange up and forward as I purchased the new PTF engine mounts and they actually making the motor sit a bit lower than the stock motor mounts. The manifold adjustment is perfect now and would accommodate either OEM or PTF billet motor mounts, and now more room for upgrading to a larger turbo down the road.

The manifold will be jigged for re-production.

Nizpro is seriously all over this transmission build, they are giving me detailed reports daily since they've received the trans, which is great. I'm not going to release all info, but I will say after what they've found and telling me, I am not at all surprised the Level 10 upgrade hasn't done much. ZF has basically already done a lvl10 type upgrade to make the zf hp21 from the zf hp19. We are now just looking at what the costs would be to do a proper hardware upgrade before going forward, as of course there is a certain point to which an upgrade is not worth the costs.

Right now, still planning on keeping the upgrade around the same price as their existing ZF 6hp26 upgrade. BTW, they'll also be going a billet input shaft on the transmission.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    6hp21 upgrade? I'm in!
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey guys, sorry for slow updates, but I do have a couple things, no pics though today. The manifold had to be cut up a bit and put back together to move the turbo flange up and forward as I purchased the new PTF engine mounts and they actually making the motor sit a bit lower than the stock motor mounts. The manifold adjustment is perfect now and would accommodate either OEM or PTF billet motor mounts, and now more room for upgrading to a larger turbo down the road.

The manifold will be jigged for re-production.

Nizpro is seriously all over this transmission build, they are giving me detailed reports daily since they've received the trans, which is great. I'm not going to release all info, but I will say after what they've found and telling me, I am not at all surprised the Level 10 upgrade hasn't done much. ZF has basically already done a lvl10 type upgrade to make the zf hp21 from the zf hp19. We are now just looking at what the costs would be to do a proper hardware upgrade before going forward, as of course there is a certain point to which an upgrade is not worth the costs.

Right now, still planning on keeping the upgrade around the same price as their existing ZF 6hp26 upgrade. BTW, they'll also be going a billet input shaft on the transmission.
    Has anyone actually seen a hard parts failure on the AT's yet? Everything I have heard is just slipping trannys due to not enough pressure stemming from no control. I would think their main focus would be whether or not they can gain control of the TCU, once they do that, the true limits of the tranny can be found, makes more sense then just making hard parts for it right off the bat. It would be like a company machining pistons, rods, etc and selling built motors for the N54 to people making 550WHP way back when the limits of the motor haven't even been found yet. Now we know the motor can safely make over 700WHP once you go past that it start thinking about upgraded motor. It would be awesome if they could control the TCU then find the tranny limits, that way if it holds 600, 650, etc with upgraded control and probably clutches you know when its time for a tranny upgrade based on your goals, right now its just anyone approaching 550WHP your tranny is on borrowed time since you cant control it and we all know to upgrade it is $$$$$.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Has anyone actually seen a hard parts failure on the AT's yet? Everything I have heard is just slipping trannys due to not enough pressure stemming from no control. I would think their main focus would be whether or not they can gain control of the TCU, once they do that, the true limits of the tranny can be found, makes more sense then just making hard parts for it right off the bat. It would be like a company machining pistons, rods, etc and selling built motors for the N54 to people making 550WHP way back when the limits of the motor haven't even been found yet. Now we know the motor can safely make over 700WHP once you go past that it start thinking about upgraded motor. It would be awesome if they could control the TCU then find the tranny limits, that way if it holds 600, 650, etc with upgraded control and probably clutches you know when its time for a tranny upgrade based on your goals, right now its just anyone approaching 550WHP your tranny is on borrowed time since you cant control it and we all know to upgrade it is $$$$$.
    I hope you are wrong but I doubt it. I think @Linracing burnt up his trans pretty good, but generally speaking yes itís all been slip due to line pressure and mechatronics behavior outside of our control. We could bolt up an unobtanium valve body, but if we canít read and write to the TCU, what does it matter? Iíd think over time the TCU would simply loosen line pressure to account for shims or whatever is being used. And weíre back to square one, minus several thousand shekels.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I don't know, it had seemed to me that everyone with issues when torn down had pretty well burnt up the hardware as well. It's a combination, but I'm sure hardware will be a big help. The limits of the transmissions are known on other platforms sharing the same transmission. Audi, Ford, etc.

TCU control is still a work in progress, but in the fire as well.

BTW, how's that HPFP upgrade going?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    I hope you are wrong but I doubt it. I think @Linracing burnt up his trans pretty good, but generally speaking yes it’s all been slip due to line pressure and mechatronics behavior outside of our control. We could bolt up an unobtanium valve body, but if we can’t read and write to the TCU, what does it matter? I’d think over time the TCU would simply loosen line pressure to account for shims or whatever is being used. And we’re back to square one, minus several thousand shekels.
    Yes, so did lostmarine, jzee, and several others, hardware isn't going to be any good past 550whp/wtq, I think TCU tuning will help slipping issues that some guys have had on stock turbos or upgraded stock frames, but that's it, ,past that hardware AND software will be needed.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    MJ, has anyone that you know of ran upgraded trans hardware with the Alpina flash? I can't seem to remember if anyone has since it's been available.
    From what I've learned the trans software is available and cracked. Cracking the software is no longer the issue, it's the tuning for efficiency that's needing the focus.
    Once vendors deal with the new platform product cycles they'll circle back and tackle the tuning.
    PLANNED MODS
    -Wheel spacers

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by R.G. Click here to enlarge
    MJ, has anyone that you know of ran upgraded trans hardware with the Alpina flash? I can't seem to remember if anyone has since it's been available.
    From what I've learned the trans software is available and cracked. Cracking the software is no longer the issue, it's the tuning for efficiency that's needing the focus.
    Once vendors deal with the new platform product cycles they'll circle back and tackle the tuning.
    Yes, I think jzee is, he's on lvl10 upgrade and I'm pretty sure has the alpina flash, he has had no issues and is very happy with his upgrade.

No, the software is not cracked whatsoever. Flashing the trans with the alpina software is completely different than having the software cracked. I don't think anyone has even been able to spell out exactly what the alpina software does to arrive at the result it has.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    PMing you MJ.
    PLANNED MODS
    -Wheel spacers

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't know, it had seemed to me that everyone with issues when torn down had pretty well burnt up the hardware as well. It's a combination, but I'm sure hardware will be a big help. The limits of the transmissions are known on other platforms sharing the same transmission. Audi, Ford, etc.

TCU control is still a work in progress, but in the fire as well.

BTW, how's that HPFP upgrade going?
    It was going splendid until my water heater decided to light the shop cars engine bay on fire, long story short, minor damage, but set us back about as week as we had to order a new repair harness for a few connectors, and some hoses. We will get back to testing once those come in.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It was going splendid until my water heater decided to light the shop cars engine bay on fire, long story short, minor damage, but set us back about as week as we had to order a new repair harness for a few connectors, and some hoses. We will get back to testing once those come in.
    Damn...thanks for the update

Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast