Close

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    for sure, I don't think as happy I am though! haha

As for stock turbo cars... anyone who thinks they can keep up on stock or stage 2 turbos from a roll please message me, I'll be more than happy to to give you a shot Click here to enlarge
    If you are trapping 120, I can promise you many stage 2 cars will take you from a roll, I am not sure what part of trap speed is mostly a display of power in a standing start drag race is difficult to understand. Once you get the car tuned and running good, yes you will pull away from a stage 2 car, but right now if you are trapping 120 our shop car will walk you hard from a roll. If you do not think so, bring out to California and I will be glad to prove it to you...Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    If you are trapping 120, I can promise you many stage 2 cars will take you from a roll, I am not sure what part of trap speed is mostly a display of power in a standing start drag race is difficult to understand. Once you get the car tuned and running good, yes you will pull away from a stage 2 car, but right now if you are trapping 120 our shop car will walk you hard from a roll. If you do not think so, bring out to California and I will be glad to prove it to you...Click here to enlarge
    I think a sponsored XI IN FLORIDA would be great investment for the publicity.

Hear hear!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    lol when the race doesn't start till 200 ft down the track I'm pretty sure that's a disadvantage for me for trap or ET. Doesn't matter though, I'm not at 20psi anymore and will be far above in the next week or so assuming fueling keeps up.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    I think a sponsored XI IN FLORIDA would be great investment for the publicity.

Hear hear!
    I don't think anyone cares about sponsoring an XI lol....your best bet is to solicit a vendor trying to get into the N54 game, not one with already proven performance upgrades haha

BTW, you know there are already a few Stage 2 Xi's right?
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol when the race doesn't start till 200 ft down the track I'm pretty sure that's a disadvantage for me for trap or ET. Doesn't matter though, I'm not at 20psi anymore and will be far above in the next week or so assuming fueling keeps up.

Good luck at the track man! Break boost the $#@! outta it.

I don't think anyone cares about sponsoring an XI lol....your best bet is to solicit a vendor trying to get into the N54 game, not one with already proven performance upgrades haha

BTW, you know there are already a few Stage 2 Xi's right?
    Hey Hey now, you just shush.

I didn't say anything about stage 2's Click here to enlarge

Also, nothing has really been "proven" yet. Lets be honest. Dan has a broken transmission, You're just getting tuned (yay!), Tony is battling the manufactures etc. Lots of testing and dyno'ing to be done.

(see tony, they're scared) hahah.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you do not think so, bring out to California and I will be glad to prove it to you...Click here to enlarge
    I'm a neighborhood friendly n54. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    I'm a neighborhood friendly n54. Click here to enlarge
    If I bring the car down south or you head up north we can run. I was actually setting up roll races nights at my normal test track as it was was perfect for them, but after about 15 years of it being the perfect place to run, where cops never gave a crap. The city came in and put a bunch of speed bumps...Click here to enlarge When is the next shift sector of the other one, I forget the name.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For what its worth, our shop car has, 275 PSS, lockdown kit, LSD, and coilovers. 1-3 are basically useless, well 3rd will not light up but on a perfectlly dry road they will slip a little as the tq comes in. We are making 620WTQ by 3700 though. Also AWD is amazing, look at GTR, 911's, etc. But even porsche removes it for its race built RS models. Also launch and traction really do not show up in trap speed, only etc. If you are trapping 120, your car is making stock turbo power, in the form of a big single. You need to address tuning.
    PSS are awful for straight line tration purposes. I say this until im blue i the face but they suck imo for anyone looking to go fast straight. Continental DWS' hook significantly better lol.... i will pay for your set if this doesnt hold true lol

but id just get r888s
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    for sure, I don't think as happy I am though! haha

As for stock turbo cars... anyone who thinks they can keep up on stock or stage 2 turbos from a roll please message me, I'll be more than happy to to give you a shot Click here to enlarge
    i trapped 126.7 in my car , full weight, with half happy logs, i would have smoked your car in last nights trim Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    PSS are awful for straight line tration purposes. I say this until im blue i the face but they suck imo for anyone looking to go fast straight. Continental DWS' hook significantly better lol.... i will pay for your set if this doesnt hold true lol

but id just get r888s
    And I have said it over and over, we are driving BMW's I really hope we do not only go straight even if that is what we do most of the time. The PSS is a seriously sick tire, and anyone saying R888's are cheaper and give you loads more grip. This is 100% true, but you will need to buy 2+ sets before you go through one set of PSS, so add up 2+ sets of R888's when doing the comparison. For my money, I will run PSS, and have a light wheel / real drag radial combo for when I want to go fast in a straight line, the PSS are fine from a roll. If I know I am going to be doing some drag racing, I just swap on the race rims.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If I bring the car down south or you head up north we can run. I was actually setting up roll races nights at my normal test track as it was was perfect for them, but after about 15 years of it being the perfect place to run, where cops never gave a crap. The city came in and put a bunch of speed bumps...Click here to enlarge When is the next shift sector of the other one, I forget the name.
    I hear you Tony, no where really for us to run unless its a mexican highway Click here to enlarge. There's too much traffic anywhere in the city etc. No Fly Zone event is October 25, not sure about the next Shift Sector though. Already have that date in the calendar ready to go.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    And I have said it over and over, we are driving BMW's I really hope we do not only go straight even if that is what we do most of the time. The PSS is a seriously sick tire, and anyone saying R888's are cheaper and give you loads more grip. This is 100% true, but you will need to buy 2+ sets before you go through one set of PSS, so add up 2+ sets of R888's when doing the comparison. For my money, I will run PSS, and have a light wheel / real drag radial combo for when I want to go fast in a straight line, the PSS are fine from a roll. If I know I am going to be doing some drag racing, I just swap on the race rims.
    yea im with ya... thats why i have DWS' on my car now... imo they are a better choice than the PSS especially in NY where we get $#@!ty ass weather 1/2 the year. I can drive home in 5 inches of snow and hook from 40 without spinning much if at all at 500wtq in my at rb car

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    I'm not talking about launch, I'm talking about being able to mash it at 40mph (or under 80-90) and not light 'me up. You can always add power, but usable 24x7 grip is at a premium (not counting slicks which don't last).

I have PSS+suspension+LSD and they still spin. Maybe you need more tq/pwr? :-p

Until then, that's what I have the 17" DRs for.
    A bit of a late reaction, but given the fact that I'm running RB's with DCT, meth and E85, more power is Always possible but I do not think that I have not sufficient power to have spinning wheels.

I do have full M conversion with JRZ suspension.. but on new PSS, no real traction issues. Seems to be more a thing of your car maybe...
    On the other hand, I do miss the fun of spinning on the other hand having always traction is also quite luxurius ;-)

When the rear PSS's get at 50% some spinning starts to happen but normaly no excessive spinning... To spin or not to spin is more then just power... it's also highly related to the parts I mentioned before...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Haha Click here to enlarge Any tire that wears out under 10k miles to me is silly as a commute tire (obviously depending how much you drive).

DWS with your show wheels for daily and swap on your lightweight radials for racing is my personal favorite.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RTA Click here to enlarge
    A bit of a late reaction, but given the fact that I'm running RB's with DCT, meth and E85, more power is Always possible but I do not think that I have not sufficient power to have spinning wheels.

I do have full M conversion with JRZ suspension.. but on new PSS, no real traction issues. Seems to be more a thing of your car maybe...
    On the other hand, I do miss the fun of spinning on the other hand having always traction is also quite luxurius ;-)

When the rear PSS's get at 50% some spinning starts to happen but normaly no excessive spinning... To spin or not to spin is more then just power... it's also highly related to the parts I mentioned before...
    Fair enough. I've had mine for almost two years and there is still tread, but they are def not new. I do all my racing on DRs when I'm able to.

I'll probably buy another rear set soon to see if that helps.
    Change is constant

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617