BMS DCI / BMS OCC / RB PCV / Muffler Delete
    ST Coilovers / VMR VB3 / Nitto NT555

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TVPhoto Click here to enlarge
    Do they have a email that I could reach them? Afghanistan problems lol
    provenpowerdyno@gmail.com they can do top mount, we discussed it when we did mine, almost pulled the trigger on it, but decided against.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Email sent. Why is that may I ask?
    2007 335i MT E92
    JB4 G5 / BB Flash / Spec 2+ SMFW / AR DP / CPE FMIC

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @mjmarovi PM box is full. Got some other way to message?
    2007 335i MT E92
    JB4 G5 / BB Flash / Spec 2+ SMFW / AR DP / CPE FMIC

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TVPhoto Click here to enlarge
    @mjmarovi PM box is full. Got some other way to message?
    Should be good now, I cleared it out. Downpipe fitment was one reason, keeping more heat away from that area of the engine bay was another. Also don't really see anything too fancy about seeing a turbo, but seeing a nice manifold is very cool IMO. You can actually still look down and see the turbo, WG, etc. Entire engine bay is so much more spacious than before. I love it man, I really do.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    seriously are you going to wing it or what ?? answer should be yes of course
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lamia2super Click here to enlarge
    seriously are you going to wing it or what ?? answer should be yes of course
    LMFAO
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Seriously, a custom turbo kit isn't something you should 'wing it'. FYI the reason the top mount is better is because it gives you room for a full size twin scroll T4 housing which gives you better spool and great top end.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

wing it
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dave W. Click here to enlarge
    Seriously, a custom turbo kit isn't something you should 'wing it'. FYI the reason the top mount is better is because it gives you room for a full size twin scroll T4 housing which gives you better spool and great top end.
    Huh? lmao they are talking about installing an actual wing. And why is a T4 twin scroll better? V-band is the way to go bud, and from what I can if me or @Ak335i were to drop down to a single croll 58mm turbo like Terry's we'd be spooling just as fast. There is someone else running the same exact turbo as mine that no one knows about yet and he is spooling just as fast or faster than Terry, thanks to his manifold design. And that's a 62.5mm single scroll. I think quickest spool is going to be the Vargas TT kit anyway as long as you keep the turbos small.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    wing it
    Dan...pls

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    wing it
    yes ! help me explain to him that he needs to add a wing ! because race kar

btw twin scroll > single scroll Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lag be gone

Click here to enlarge

something I've seen ppl do with supras to spool a little quicker
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lamia2super Click here to enlarge
    yes ! help me explain to him that he needs to add a wing ! because race kar

btw twin scroll > single scroll Click here to enlarge
    btw proper manifold design > Twin Scroll

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    This.

A QSV will also help.
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 Twin Turbo Diesel JBD

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Proper twin scroll manifold > all
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Proper twin scroll manifold > all
    If this is in reference to your manifold design, no offense but it leaves a quite a bit to be desired. It will work fine, but there is a lot of room for improvement. I hope to see these super long runner manifolds go the way on the dinosaur on these N54's soon except for people with built motors shooting for 1000WHP+, or just looking for top end. They simply are not needed and are inefficient, I do not think you guys understand how much exhaust energy and heat(more energy) is being wasted in these manifolds, while none of the top end benefits they might show are even being realized.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If this is in reference to your manifold design, no offense but it leaves a quite a bit to be desired. It will work fine, but there is a lot of room for improvement. I hope to see these super long runner manifolds go the way on the dinosaur on these N54's soon except for people with built motors shooting for 1000WHP+, or just looking for top end. They simply are not needed and are inefficient, I do not think you guys understand how much exhaust energy and heat(more energy) is being wasted in these manifolds, while none of the top end benefits they might show are even being realized.
    This is very true, and before my manifold was built I had this discussion with the shop, they could easily modify the manifold for quicker spool and less power potential, but I'm still not sure how far I want to go so didn't want to end up having to re-do the manifold. Who knows where Dan will stop either so for us it's perfect. It will be interesting where I can hit 30psi though with just a smaller turbo than Dan who is hitting 20psi at like I dunno, 3750 or something I think? Not bad really. I'm honestly really interested though to see some smaller turbo optioned stage 3 kits from you. Like something targeting ~630whp. Would be interested to see if anyone can use your kit for autox even. I mean, I don't see why not with the right turbos.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

i have a lil more lag than some of the other kits, but im also out there running the car near daily and posting up vids and races and dynos unlike the other kits other than Adam who runs the $#@! out of his (props monica) i know payam and matt will be doing the same as well when they dial in so will be good summer.

but yea lag... said it before say it again, i honestly have no desire or want to have my kit spool faster than it does. it works perfect for me and it drives around and gets good mileage when im not racing.

a lil break boost and i have no prob leaving from a 40 or 60 roll with 20plus psi.

my car will really shine with a new transmission. where i can use the 700 plus whp it so easily makes Click here to enlarge

at the end of the day the differences in the spool of all these kits and custom kits is minor and wont be noticed other than by nitpicking a log. the main differences and the only ones that potential new single turbo/VS3 ppl should be worried about are price, options, looks and power potential along with tuning.

sorry for the sad story LOL
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    BMW hasn't gone twin scroll by accident. There really is something to it. On our development cars the 5862 TS setup spools better than the 5858 traditional setup and makes more power. The trade off is its more work to develop quality TS manifolds, requires dual wastegates, makes packaging trickier, so it becomes more expensive. For someone doing a 6466 race car I can see why it might not be worth the extra cost/effort. For someone who appreciates power below 4500rpm then it's a must have IMHO.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Am I the only one around here that typically race from digs?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    Can't quite get the fascination with highway runs. I feel it takes more work to dial in a car for dig races is where I'll see most of my racing duties. But that's also because I have awd and an auto.
    Titanium Silver E92 09 BMW 335i xdrive 6AT
    KW V3 coilovers, AMS FMIC, AR Catless DP, Walbro 455 LPFP, BMS DCI, Alpina B3 Trans Flash, Vargas HPFP and Rail
    Protuned via Cobb by JR TUNED @ PandL Motorsports
    75%E85/25%93 blend 430awhp/470lbs tq on AWD Dynojet
    Dyno Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE6Ed...ature=youtu.be

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    When people ask me for rolls, I tell them to go to a bakery.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Single turbos are awful from a dig and the larger the turbo the worse it is. From a dig RB turbos will smoke most single turbo options. But from a roll its another story all together. These days with all the runway events most race from a 40-50mph roll.

I think our 135i is setup to do decently from a dig but the track is not often open around here. Next time there is a planned drag day I'll definitely bring it out and give it a whirl.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Never stated my manifold. Funny though, I replied to you in the other thread about our manifold and what we have done and no reply. One statement here and you're assuming things that may not even be correct. You're still more than welcome to come here, I really want you to drive my car.
    Last edited by Payam@BMS; 06-23-2014 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Grammar
    Burger Motorsports

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast