Close

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    It's running good. It's a clean kit but frankly I prefer the FFTEC 5862 TS top mount kit. For my money it's the best thing out there. Spools better than the 5858 bottom mount and makes another 50hp up top. I hear lots of talk of other kits under development that are supposed to spool well and support more power but besting this 5862 TS top mount kit is going to be tough IMHO.

Despite the spool and power advantages the top mount is just a work of art. It's fun to pop the hood in the garage and just admire it. Click here to enlarge
    I have not had any o2 hiccups at all so far. I'm two months in, daily with weekends of e40 mix and 19 psi. Holding up great, I should have Dave's car in soon so we can start on his kit.

I love to pop the hood and admire the work of art as you said. It truly is a masterpiece made perfect for this car.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    I have not had any o2 hiccups at all so far. I'm two months in, daily with weekends of e40 mix and 19 psi. Holding up great, I should have Dave's car in soon so we can start on his kit.

I love to pop the hood and admire the work of art as you said. It truly is a masterpiece made perfect for this car.
    You are TS also right?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge

Yeah, Dan hasn't had any O2 sensor issues eithers, and he's running same kit and same O2 sensor placement as I am. Will do some more testing in a couple hours when I get off work and some logs Terry's way
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Only issue I have ever run into is the auto trans. I was running over 30 psi for a while and 34psi recently. Trans finally started slipping again who knows how much power but I'm sure it was over 750 whp
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    You are TS also right?
    Yes twin scroll just like you. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    Only issue I have ever run into is the auto trans. I was running over 30 psi for a while and 34psi recently. Trans finally started slipping again who knows how much power but I'm sure it was over 750 whp
    ohhhh nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuur

I knew it was a matter of time lol. Then again, 34 psi is a lot more than most people would be comfortable running on this platform!!!
    2008 e92 335i: JB4 G5 ISO/BMS back end flash, fbo, e85, inlets, Rb turbos, level 10 valve body + converter, water/methanol.....and a lot more....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Forgive me for being a little off topic, but how many individual kits are actually running and driving? The fftec twin scroll top mount, fftec single scroll bottom mount(both terry/bms cars I assume) and the proven power single scroll bottom mounts(ak335i/mjmarovi).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by beakmoney Click here to enlarge
    Forgive me for being a little off topic, but how many individual kits are actually running and driving? The fftec twin scroll top mount, fftec single scroll bottom mount(both terry/bms cars I assume) and the proven power single scroll bottom mounts(ak335i/mjmarovi).
    To my knowledge there are both Dan and I's Proven Power kits, about 15 FFtec kits, maybe more, Fastgti69's kit from his shop that I believe he will be releasing soon, Adam Flatau's kit which the shop that did his will be apparently releasing, and one other but can't remember screen name. That's all of them I know that are actually up and running. Then there's a guy in SOFL also doing a kit, but I believe using FFtec, but doing built motor, etc. that is keeping quite, and also BTMFR on here who was apparently done and ready to fire it up about 4 months ago then ended up moving on or something, I don't know. Not much besides the FFtec cars, and only the BMS cars and Shiv's personal car have really shown any decent results from the FFtec's.

I need to get two kinks worked out but working on it, just no time lately. I can still drive it around just fine and even get into low boost just fine, but only had maybe 5 hours driving time so far LOL

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh yeah, and then there's Roy Cormier I believe, who has his home made garage built single kit that's been up and running for quite awhile. I think that's who did it, maybe wrong guy, but I know someone did the kit.

Oh yes, and also the PTF cars that haven't released public info, but they have a 335i that's been running around for awhile, and their 1 series race car that's been running it for like a year or something.

And then don't forget about Vargas either, not single turbo but still impressive kits. I believe his shop car kit is on now and running, just doing testing before the rest of the kits are finished up

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Fastgti69's kit from his shop that I believe he will be releasing soon
    Very soon Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

[Quote = fastgti69; 575298] Muy pronto Click here to enlarge[/ quote]

Click here to enlarge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by carcars Click here to enlarge
    [Quote = fastgti69; 575298] Muy pronto Click here to enlarge[/ quote]

Click here to enlarge
    You could contact Proven Power and they could make a manifold for you now. Same as mine or @Ak335i Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    One step closer to complete. Wheels are mounted. BC Fored 18x9 in front and 18x9.5 in rear. Matte Bronze spokes with gloss black barrel and lip. Will get better pictures but it was raining when I got home yesterday from the dealership so had to take a couple garage pics

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

What are you wrapping them with? I am planning to go with Apex Arc8 17 or 18. Wrapped with either Nitto NT05R or Toyo R888
    2007 335i MT E92
    JB4 G5 / BB Flash / Spec 2+ SMFW / AR DP / CPE FMIC
    BMS DCI / BMS OCC / RB PCV / Muffler Delete
    ST Coilovers / VMR VB3 / Nitto NT555

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh yeah, and then there's Roy Cormier I believe, who has his home made garage built single kit that's been up and running for quite awhile. I think that's who did it, maybe wrong guy, but I know someone did the kit.

Oh yes, and also the PTF cars that haven't released public info, but they have a 335i that's been running around for awhile, and their 1 series race car that's been running it for like a year or something.

And then don't forget about Vargas either, not single turbo but still impressive kits. I believe his shop car kit is on now and running, just doing testing before the rest of the kits are finished up
    You're forgetting the guy who did the first DIY kit. He's on these forums and N54tech. I forget his name but will recognize it as soon as I see it. And yes, Roy built his own kit for like a few grand or something.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TVPhoto Click here to enlarge
    What are you wrapping them with? I am planning to go with Apex Arc8 17 or 18. Wrapped with either Nitto NT05R or Toyo R888
    Not sure yet TBH, right now I'm thinking the R888's as well, but a bit concerned about rain performance so may go Mich PSS

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    You're forgetting the guy who did the first DIY kit. He's on these forums and N54tech. I forget his name but will recognize it as soon as I see it. And yes, Roy built his own kit for like a few grand or something.
    Eleventeen
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Not sure yet TBH, right now I'm thinking the R888's as well, but a bit concerned about rain performance so may go Mich PSS
    I'm on Nitto 555R as a daily and I can contest that it holds very very well in the rain. Traction isn't an issue at all with FBO/Meth and my setup is only 245 all around. I've even gone WOT in the rain and it wasn't scary.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You could contact Proven Power and they could make a manifold for you now. Same as mine or @Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    Still waiting for them to say all is well with the downpipe jig. If they're ready for an order, I'll call tomorrow. I now have an installer lined up that even has a dyno.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Still waiting for them to say all is well with the downpipe jig. If they're ready for an order, I'll call tomorrow. I now have an installer lined up that even has a dyno.
    So you've spoken to Darrell I take it?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here's some better pics I took tonight at a friend's house.

Click here to enlarge

Car is filthy I know...

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So you've spoken to Darrell I take it?
    At this point maybe 3 weeks ago, emailed last week and haven't heard back. He said a local n54 car he was going to test the downpipe jig on was giving him the runaround.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    At this point maybe 3 weeks ago, emailed last week and haven't heard back. He said a local n54 car he was going to test the downpipe jig on was giving him the runaround.
    I'll be going up there soon, maybe he can test it on mine. I'll message him. Facebook is probably best way to get ahold of him. They are pretty busy just working on cars during the day.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'll be going up there soon, maybe he can test it on mine. I'll message him. Facebook is probably best way to get ahold of him. They are pretty busy just working on cars during the day.
    Definitely let me know, pm me or something if all is well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Yeah. I think he spent around 1500 or something like that. I need to get a hold of him and see how it's running. I remember him saying it was very laggy. I wonder if it's sorted.

Question for all the single turbo guys. How are the 02 sensors holding up?

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast