Close

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

7 out of 7 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

mjmarovi's Single Turbo build at Proven Power Tampa

Hey guys,

So I guess people are getting bored in the N54 section here so I decided what better time to start my build thread. Here is a list of everything going on with the car, at least waiting to start the list now should make it pretty complete.

At this point plan on using JB4 with BB Flash backend, once PTF is offering some pro-tunes for ST's I may give them a try just to compare, I mean, if only two tuning options available, after this investment, what's another $1,000 to explore both options?

- Turbo- Forced Performance HTA3586r with V-band in and out, .82 A/R DBB, billet wheel, ceramic coated turbine housing

- Wastegate- Tial MVR 44mm

-All fabrication including custom manifold, dump tube, intake tubing, charge piping, (using my existing ETS charge-piping from FMIC outlet to throttle body) wastegate, etc. by Proven Power. The manifold is going to be jigged not sure what type of offering the shop plans on doing, but he did say he wants to be ready to do more in the future. (my car is #2 , Ak335i was #1 ).

- Proven Power will also be doing custom downpipe and connection to mid-pipes utilizing my Active Autowerke dual exhaust.

- Mishimoto Transmission Cooler with AN Dash -8 connections upgraded to Dash 10 by Proven Power with all SS lines and black SS fittings

- PTF engine mounts

-ECS Tuning transmission mounts

-Alpina TCU Flash (wouldn't mind someone helping me setup my laptop or someone local to Florida that would take cash in exchange for the trip to the shop to do the flash for me)

- Oil filter housing thermostat delete plate with all SS lines

- Upgraded transmission oil lines to SS

- Upgrading meth injection lines to stainless steel, installing two bungs in chargepipe, and doing a third bung/nozzle pre-intercooler

- Doing custom intake duct through front bumper

- Upgrade MAP sensor and boost solenoid utilizing FFtec PNP harness on the MAC solenoid and FFtec bracket

- Team MFactory Limited Slip Differential

- Custom fab aluminum waterneck and watertube

- Relocate power steering and coolant reservoirs

- Bore out inlet on fuel rail and remove screen on HPFP

- Walbro 255 inline LPFP upgrade

- Cobb ETS 7" FMIC (previously installed by me)

- Rebuilt transmission by nizpro- Australia

And here's some "non-performance" stuff also changing

- Vorsteiner like vented carbon fiber hood

- M3 style front bumper with carbon fiber lip

- M3 style sideskirts

- Carbon fiber rear spoiler (previously installed by me)

- BC Forged 2-piece HB04 wheels 18"

I feel like I have done nothing but purchase some sort of part every other day for months now, so feels weird summing it up in a couple paragraphs and a list but....onto some progress pics. Here is what has progressed with pictures up to date as of last March 8th I think.

Pic of engine bay before taking it to the shop. I was FBO at this point and time.

Click here to enlarge

dis assembly pictures (sorry didn't upload in order I wanted to)

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

no more stock turbos

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

dis assembly done and on to the new stuff

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

just tacked right now, once turbo position is just right it will be finished up and on to the next part

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Can't wait till this guy is attached to the bottom of that (yes bottom mount kit)

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by mjmarovi; 03-15-2014 at 05:49 PM.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2132 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    'bout time
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    'bout time
    Damn, I need like 10 more minutes to edit, almost got the pictures all straightened out LOL. Only one or two out of place now...not too bad.

I here ya though about the time, but I'm confident my patience is going to pay off.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Nice thread brotha, can't wait to see your kit up and running.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Exciting! Looking to watching to see how it turns out. May I ask, what strut tower brace are you rocking in that first pic? Looks like a quality item.
    2010 E90 335i xDrive
    JB4 G5 ISO | BMS DCI | BMS OCC | Alpina Flash | LED Angel Eyes | Matte Black Kidney Grills | growing list....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks awesome! Interested to see how the aussie trans build holds up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    Looks awesome! Interested to see how the aussie trans build holds up.
    +100000

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jaxon Click here to enlarge
    Exciting! Looking to watching to see how it turns out. May I ask, what strut tower brace are you rocking in that first pic? Looks like a quality item.
    I believe it's the AA strut bar. Makes a nice difference in turns to keep the nose planted.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Whats the story on your trans build? Is this a stock rebuild or upgrade? Not familiar with nizpro. Good luck with your build. Looks like its finally coming along. Looked up nizpro and saw alot of zf ford stuff but no bmw. Is this there first bmw or have they already done some? Looks like they have some proven results.
    Last edited by jzeee037; 03-16-2014 at 02:41 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Man I love that turbo!!!!!!
    2011 335is DCT, moving to Italy, looking for new car friends Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sick dude! Can't wait to see this beast in action when it's done.
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Nice build.... +1 on the transmission questions... did you send them the tcu for the trans as well?
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jaxon Click here to enlarge
    Active Autowerke I went to their shop for their exhaust system, saw the strut bar, had to have lol. It's definitely the best one I've seen. A bit wider too so probably one of the stronger ones.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jzeee037 Click here to enlarge
    Whats the story on your trans build? Is this a stock rebuild or upgrade? Not familiar with nizpro. Good luck with your build. Looks like its finally coming along. Looked up nizpro and saw alot of zf ford stuff but no bmw. Is this there first bmw or have they already done some? Looks like they have some proven results.
    Most of their experience is with the ZF6hp26 still in the 6hp family. They are pretty confident and have a couple connections on the tuning front so we'll see. They are currenty one of the only companies that offers complete rebuilds of the 6hp26 from hardware to tuning, so I'm pretty optimistic.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Nice build.... +1 on the transmission questions... did you send them the tcu for the trans as well?
    I did not, and honestly not 100% on what they plan on doing, I know I've discussed with them a couple different companies that have experience in the ZF transmission tuning world. 07Tundra actually found a company that claims tuning and slipping fixes via tuning for ZF transmissions in BMW's, Audi's, Ford, etc. and they are a Euro based company. They are of course being contacted. I do know even on the hardware side this is going to be a whole new approach AFAIK and there is good reason to believe we are on to something good now.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Nice, I'm ready for a tcu tuning upgrade. No signs of any problems but I feel like I'm on borrowed time with no tcu upgrade.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so your charge pipe connects to the throttlebody body by coupler ? intercooler as well uses a coupler for bends?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lamia2super Click here to enlarge
    so your charge pipe connects to the throttlebody body by coupler ? intercooler as well uses a coupler for bends?
    Yes

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Quick update from today. Manifold is just about complete now.
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2132 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That doesn't look bad...
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That doesn't look bad...
    Nope, not bad at all.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not bad matt! Don't forget bet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by N54CHICK<3 Click here to enlarge
    X2
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    looks nice! i think you might run into problems with the charge pipe one blowing off and maybe that bend one by the intercooler. sorry i personally just hate using couplers
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    looks nice! i think you might run into problems with the charge pipe one blowing off and maybe that bend one by the intercooler. sorry i personally just hate using couplers
    Thanks man. I really don't think the chargepipe will pose any issues though, I don't see why anyway.

1000+whp GTR's have no issues running the exact same clamps and couplers on their ETS kits, I don't suspect any issues myself. If for some reason I do I'll just take it back to the shop and have a solid CP built, but I really don't expect any isssues.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by N54CHICK<3 Click here to enlarge
    Please, I won't forget. You and Pratik just better not forget to pay up! haha

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am running the same with just couplers I have don't this on all my cars.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast