Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Missing Malaysian Boeing 777 - MH370

At first I didn't think this was a very interesting story as I thought it was just a plane crash. Now with details coming out that the plane was expertly hijacked this is getting very interesting and scary.

First of all, the transponders being deliberately shut down to hide the plane means someone knew the systems very well. Additionally, and the sad part, the plane before it dropped off military radar completely climbed to 45,000+ feet. The only reason to do this I can think of is to suffocate the passengers. So, everyone on board except the hijackers is dead and they have almost 8 hours of fuel to go anywhere in this range almost undetected:

Click here to enlarge

Now, large governments and countries would detect it on their military radar screens once it approached to land. Nobody knows where this thing is though so the pilot avoided these areas. Essentially someone stole a $200 million dollar plane and can now outfit it with whatever they want and fly it into whatever they want as the plane can make it almost anywhere on the globe.

It's a bit scary but this appears to be one of the most expert hijackings ever.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

• 12:41 a.m.: Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 takes off from Kuala Lumpur International Airport in Malaysia heading for Beijing, China. The plane shows up on radar two minutes after taking off.

• 1:07 a.m.: The last automated data transmission is sent from the plane. U.S officials told ABC News they believe that sometime after this transmission the data reporting system was shut down. Sometime after this transmission Kuala Lumpur's air traffic control tells the plane's pilot they are handing off to air traffic control based in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. The pilot responds, "All right. Good night."

• 1:21 a.m.: The plane's transponder, which transmits location and altitude, shuts down. Sources told ABC News that U.S. officials are “convinced that there was a manual intervention.”

• 1:22 a.m.: MH370 should have come to the navigational way-point called Igari point. Before it reached this point, Vietnamese air traffic control noticed they had lost contact with MH370, according to the Vietnam’s Civil Aviation Authority.

• 1:30 a.m.: The last moment that the plane was seen by Malaysian radar.

• 1:38 a.m.: Air traffic control in Ho Chi Minh City informs Kuala Lumpur air traffic control about the signal loss. Ho Chi Minh City asks two other planes to contact MH370. Neither plane is able to raise the pilot of MH370. At least one of the planes report getting a “buzz signal” and no voices, then losing the signal.

• 2:15 a.m.: Malaysian military defense radar picks up traces of the plane hundreds of miles west of MH370’s last contact point. The plane crosses over the Peninsular Malaysia and into the Strait of Malacca. The Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said Saturday that the flight path was “consistent with deliberate action by someone on the plane.”

• Following hours: In the hours after contact was lost MH370 "pings" a satellite several times. It's not clear if those pings include data that could reveal the plane's location. The Malaysian prime minister said Saturday that the satellite data revealed that the plane flew for approximately seven more hours after dropping off of radar.

• 6:32 a.m.: A broadcast call was made from Kuala Lumpur's air traffic control on emergency frequencies asking MH370 to call them.

• 6:51 a.m.: A broadcast call was made from Ho Chi Minh City's air traffic control on emergency frequencies asking MH370 to call them.

• 8:11 a.m.: The fight makes its last communication with a satellite seven hours and 31 minutes after taking off. Due to the amount of time the plane was in the air, officials are now searching an expansive region covering 5,000 miles from Kazakhstan to the South Indian Ocean

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I do not believe any of this, it looks MUCH better for the airline to report someone stole the plane with all these details, then our plane crashed into the ocean. This shifts blame away from the airline, and possible poor maintenance, onto airport security etc. This plane went down in the Indian Ocean, the end. If they find this plane I will stand corrected, but I do not think it will ever be found meaning its at the bottom of the ocean. The biggest BS about this is, so wait they have been looking for this plane now for how long? And all these communications are just now being found. BS, communications are very first thing looked at when something like this happens, the airline came up with a coordinated plan to shift the blame away from them and onto some "mystery" hi-jackers. This is my theory.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I do not believe any of this, it looks MUCH better for the airline to report someone stole the plane with all these details, then our plane crashed into the ocean. This shifts blame away from the airline, and possible poor maintenance, onto airport security etc. This plane went down in the Indian Ocean, the end. If they find this plane I will stand corrected, but I do not think it will ever be found meaning its at the bottom of the ocean. The biggest BS about this is, so wait they have been looking for this plane now for how long? And all these communications are just now being found. BS, communications are very first thing looked at when something like this happens, the airline came up with a coordinated plan to shift the blame away from them and onto some "mystery" hi-jackers. This is my theory.
    It certainly could be in the Indian Ocean but how do you explain manual intervention to disable the transponder or that the plane continued flying for 5 hours or so after the transponder was disabled?

Landing a plane like that without being noticed seems impossible.

It's not the airline doing this as the plane went off the radar at the perfect time when the switch was made from Malaysian to Vietnamese air traffic control. That seems suspicious to say the least.

If it was a suicide run by the pilot why keep going for 5+ hours and not just nose dive it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

^LMFAOOO that add

I wonder if the plane had any valuable cargo?
    Either way if it was actually hijacked they got a nice jet to fly around in now!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    My first thought is in line with Tony's, it also sounds consistent with someone who attempted to fly above a storm, or around it, lost electronics, and flew for as long as possible by compass to try and find land and somewhere to set the plane down at only to eventually run out of fuel thus losing power and nose diving into the ocean very deeply. Military radar picked nothing up? Oh really? The range is what? How much other debris is at the bottom of the ocean and people are making a big deal about the military radar not picking it up? I'd be interested to see the weather patterns on their flight path.

I just have to say this is either a mastermind hi-jacking or electronics gone wrong on an airplane that crashed in the middle of the ocean. It is Malaysia airlines, I mean look at the maintenance issues and $#@! that happens with United States based airlines, and we're overlooking this for Malaysian airliner?

I do think it's possible it was hi-jacked, just highly unlikely. It's a story and as soon as it seemed fishy enough to report the news ran with it.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

If you look into the details the transponders were turned off manually and satellite pings put the plane at only two courses. One heading to Asia the other to the Ocean. Why would it climb to a level that would only asphyxiate people? Why would it keep flying for hours after turning off the transponder? This is weird.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

I agree, very weird. Only a matter of time until it's figured out.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Unless they are able able to manually depressurize the cabin, flying to 45,000 ft won't make a difference to the passengers at all. What I want to know is why they have not started looking for landing strips within the planes range. If they really think it was hijacked then they know it needs to be landed somewhere to refuel, and you are going to need a decent sized strip of land to bring that plane down. Then it needs to be hidden somewhere with access to large amounts of jet fuel. That has to narrow it down a lot. So that really makes me think it blew up or something. I honestly hope that's what happened, because its scary to think about what could be done with a plane like that in the wrong hands if it really was stolen

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

I hope it crashed too but there are a lot of wildcards here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

This really bothers me... I do not understand, with today's technology - how something like this can happen. I mean, I understand nearly anything can be "defeated" - meaning you can turn off anything if you know it is there. However, why the heck do we not have some sort of technology that is capable of tracking every single moving object in the sky? I mean, it's 2014 - I have a phone that can do a million things, and have a computer more powerful than what was considered a super computer 10 years ago. I do not understand this. It seems like it would be perfectly reasonable to track "public transportation" planes - ESPECIALLY considering what has happened in the past (9/11)... It is absurd that "normal people" are allowed to fly what is basically a missile without any oversight/tracking/etc...

Outside of the whole plane tracking thing, this whole thing is very odd. I have a feeling we haven't seen the end of this; but am hoping we have (in other words the plane is done).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I heard on the morning talk radio I usually listen too that families of the passengers were calling the cellphones and they were ringing. If the plane crashed I'd assume it would go straight to voicemail.

Either way this is a very bad situation you look at it. If that plane was loaded up and do an EMP at 45,000 feet above the middle of America you'd have a serious black out for ungodly range!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

0 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Its sitting in a hanger somewhere in the middle east, being prepped. Don't pretend its not.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Satellite transmission data analyzed by U.S. investigators showed that the Malaysian Airline (MAS) System Bhd. jetliner’s most likely last-known position was in a zone about 1,000 miles (1,609 kilometers) west of Perth, Australia, said two people in the U.S. government who are familiar with the readings.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Satellite transmission data analyzed by U.S. investigators showed that the Malaysian Airline (MAS) System Bhd. jetliners most likely last-known position was in a zone about 1,000 miles (1,609 kilometers) west of Perth, Australia, said two people in the U.S. government who are familiar with the readings.

Yes, if our RAAF Jindalee (Over the Horizon) radar was on its western track they would have tracked any unidentified aircraft.... I know this because I used to be the RAAF Communications Engineering Officer in Western Australia... if Australia did pick it up or the USA Marine tracking station in NW Western Australia picked it up 1000 miles off Perth than the plane will be probably in the deepest part of the probably deepest ocean in the world

There are some islands to the NW where they could probably land a jumbo
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

The fact that all transponders were turned off would make it instantly suspicious and it would be tracked accordingly (because it could not be identified)...... weird thing is they probably would have known this at the time of the hijacking/missing... the radar/s can pick up planes as small of FAC or small fighter jets

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Why isn't Australia saying if they picked up anything?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Why isn't Australia saying if they picked up anything?
    Because they (Australia) would have to ask the BIG cousins (USA or British) and they would never admit something about the systems (even though every one knows about it)......

Weird thing though is the RAAF P3C Orions and other air patrols track from Perth (RAAF Base Pearce) out to Diego Garcia and to the Timor Islands.....

If the plane was out towards Diego Garcia then maybe the hijacjkers were heading towards AFRICA... ie selling the 777 to some 3rd world despot

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Also, the Malaysians and Australia have had bad relations since the 1990s... we are Christian, they Muslim.... In the 1980s when I was an AIR Force officer at RAAF Pearce (Perth) we used to train the Malaysian pilots there........

plus Australia/Indonesia do not get along............. the latter being the world's largest Muslim country (that we pretend to get along with)....... but after the CIA leaks from Edward Snowden relations really soured, where he exposed the fact that Australia had bugged the Indonesian PM's private cell phones and other things..

Malaysia and Indonesia may well know exactly went on

There is some speculation in Australia that Malaysia lied (which they are known to do regularly) to cover up something more sinister...

Thing is, knowing all the runways in that part of the world........ I do not know how a 777 could land anywhere on the way to any "hijacking" country without needing ground assistance....... Diego Garcia is a USA/British military base/runway...... and the Cocos Islands are Australian controlled...

Aceh off the end of Indonesia may be one spot but that is so close to KL that any landing would be known.

The whole thing is so bizarre........

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

am a pilot my self so I am very familiar with what is supposed to happened during an emergency, this store doesnt add up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    am a pilot my self so I am very familiar with what is supposed to happened during an emergency, this store doesnt add up.

Would they be able to reach Somalia or Yemen in that plane without refueling.....

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

It certainly could be in the Indian Ocean but how do you explain manual intervention to disable the transponder or that the plane continued flying for 5 hours or so after the transponder was disabled?

Landing a plane like that without being noticed seems impossible.

It's not the airline doing this as the plane went off the radar at the perfect time when the switch was made from Malaysian to Vietnamese air traffic control. That seems suspicious to say the least.

If it was a suicide run by the pilot why keep going for 5+ hours and not just nose dive it?

Chief Pilot had a very detailed Flight Simulator in his house...

Why?

Why would a 51 year old who flies a "bus" routinely for 20+ years need a commercial grade simulator in his home?

He could use that to learn about areas of the world he has not flown to... isolated airports or runways on isolated islands.......... so that he could land in Yemen or some other "terrorist place"...

Could he have been studying a way to use the jet as a weapon (Perth, Jakarta, somewhere in India as targets, all within flight range)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    Chief Pilot had a very detailed Flight Simulator in his house...

Why?

Why would a 51 year old who flies a "bus" routinely for 20+ years need a commercial grade simulator in his home?

He could use that to learn about areas of the world he has not flown to... isolated airports or runways on isolated islands.......... so that he could land in Yemen or some other "terrorist place"...

Could he have been studying a way to use the jet as a weapon (Perth, Jakarta, somewhere in India as targets, all within flight range)
    Maybe he liked flying?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast