Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DevourS65 Click here to enlarge
    Not enough single turbo builds on the n54 IMHO. Running the usual fbo twins story is just stale these days.
    There out there...peeps are just busy. No details are out on mine either Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
    There out there...peeps are just busy. No details are out on mine either Click here to enlarge
    Have you got to this point yet?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not enough single turbo builds on the n54 IMHO. Running the usual fbo twins story is just stale these days.
    More will come. I mean the stock twins and tunes have been done to death. What 'new' breakthrough will there ever be there? Upgraded turbos are the next logical step and I think some people are on the fence due to the trans and fuel system.

If solutions for both of these are made we will see the N54 take the desperate leap forward it needs. It's been stuck in a rut and personally I'd like to see something interesting out of it already.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There a few single turbos in fabrication right now. I know of a guy in Russia who's going with the EFR as a bottom mount on his n54. My car is in fabrication, Mjmarovi, Linracing, we're all in fabrication of single turbos. I give it another year or two when people will be going for the bigger single or twins more frequently.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    There a few single turbos in fabrication right now. I know of a guy in Russia who's going with the EFR as a bottom mount on his n54. My car is in fabrication, Mjmarovi, Linracing, we're all in fabrication of single turbos. I give it another year or two when people will be going for the bigger single or twins more frequently.
    If you have anything interesting then post. Put up a single turbo fabrication thread and get some discussion going on single turbo options. Everyone is keeping way too much to themselves. So it's not ready, who cares?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    If you have anything interesting then post. Put up a single turbo fabrication thread and get some discussion going on single turbo options. Everyone is keeping way too much to themselves. So it's not ready, who cares?
    We'll see i guess, I'll probably make a thread tomorrow or something. I already have like 50 pictures LOL. I'm going to see the progress tomorrow so I'll have more exciting pictures etc. I haven't posted really because of speculation.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We'll see i guess, I'll probably make a thread tomorrow or something. I already have like 50 pictures LOL. I'm going to see the progress tomorrow so I'll have more exciting pictures etc. I haven't posted really because of speculation.
    If you have 50 pictures what are you waiting for?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ill post some pictures of my build today.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Linracing Click here to enlarge
    Ill post some pictures of my build today.
    So you guys are holding out on everything and then complaining. Sometimes a little effort goes a long. Oh forums...

Anyway, I look forward to seeing details.

How about that, now we'll have pics of two single turbo builds going on simultaneously.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There are lots going on and in progress right now, I think a lot of guys are waiting to post their builds until they have results.

To add to fastgti list currently I know of...

Terry's cars
    The guy from some shop in Midwest who is doing three cars
    Ak335i who is done just back in shop for some other upgrades and then doing something with trans
    Linracing
    Fastgti
    Myself (shop is doing a jig on my manifold so I'm sure some other Florida locals will get on that after mine is done)
    Can't screen name, but the guy with the weird gummed up face avatar he's suppose to almost done
    07tundra is just starting on his
    Another guy in sofl I don't know if on forums is probably doing one of the biggest builds but keeping it I under wraps right now
    Oh, and then the two or three current PTF cars with their kit still testing before pub
    If release

Then, on top of those builds there are moves being made on the trans side in which myself, a shop, and another forum member are working on, and both ptf and vargas have anticipated fuel system upgrades

IMO most exciting time for the n54, just seems slower cause there aren't 100 guys a day telling you how they just went FBO and what it's like, FBO talk days are over for the n54. I'll post my build thread today or tomorrow probably just need time to upload all the photos I have so far
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's three single turbos in the span of what, minutes?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's three single turbos in the span of what, minutes?

lol, I'm not the one asking for forum talk, I know what's going on, and don't mind people waiting until closer to completion. I'll go ahead and make my thread now though.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Have you got to this point yet?
    No, just awaiting a few more parts. Doing misc stuff now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Build thread is up, @Blaizon sorry I forgot you on the list too...damn that's a lot of kits going on, so that's at least 15 I know of going on now not counting the at least 10 or so that are already out there from the FFtec/Vishnu bunch and Roy Cormier, etc.

Oh yeah...that's only SINGLE turbo; lets not forget about the 10 pre-ordered Vargas Stage 3 twin turbo kits that will be finishing up what seems to be almost any day now. So that's at least 25 projects that just I know of that are in the works right now. Damn...
    Last edited by mjmarovi; 03-15-2014 at 08:48 PM.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There is @lamia2super who is in soflo that has one of the biggest builds. He has a comp 6767 with a built motor on the FFTEC top mount.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Build thread is up, @Blaizon sorry I forgot you on the list too...damn that's a lot of kits going on, so that's at least 15 I know of going on now not counting the at least 10 or so that are already out there from the FFtec/Vishnu bunch and Roy Cormier, etc.

Oh yeah...that's only SINGLE turbo; lets not forget about the 10 pre-ordered Vargas Stage 3 twin turbo kits that will be finishing up what seems to be almost any day now. So that's at least 25 projects that just I know of that are in the works right now. Damn...
    @mjmarovi it's all good. I like flying under the radar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There is @lamia2super who is in soflo that has one of the biggest builds. He has a comp 6767 with a built motor on the FFTEC top mount.
    Yeah, that has me intrigued...that's a big fukin turbo!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's who I was thinking of, couldn't think of the name. It's been proven though in so many other platforms the Precision 6466 is the way to go, in some instances it actually produced more power than the 6766 and less lag. Peak power is a very minimal difference, have to say he may be disappointed, unless you're not talking Precision?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I understand and I'm not focusing much on the N54 either right now as I'm trying to get every other forum section in place and update the interface.

I think the N54 guys need to understand that the motor is getting to a place now in its life that is a bit different. New platforms are coming along that will generate more interest even from BMW themselves such as the S55 and S63.

The N54 has been in a bit of limbo due to two major limitations. One is about to be alleviated and will be the major news on the platform which naturally this place will be at the forefront of as it always is. The other I have no control or information on but once I finish with wrapping up the network I'll see what I can do.
    Is about to be alleviated...how soon? days months years?..lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    That's who I was thinking of, couldn't think of the name. It's been proven though in so many other platforms the Precision 6466 is the way to go, in some instances it actually produced more power than the 6766 and less lag. Peak power is a very minimal difference, have to say he may be disappointed, unless you're not talking Precision?
    No, he has Comp turbo like me. The 6767. I have the comp 6465. The pte is one of the best, but I saved about 500$ wholesale cost on the comp turbo with all the same fancy stuff. Hopefully it will hold up just like the PTE, which I have no doubt it will.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm capping all holes not needed with single currently> About to hang the mani.....there's a lot of room under there once the twins are out!

Also made a kit to run the 455 walbro inline with the stock pump much like the other one but a fraction of the cost. 100% E85 I know I will need it when once finished with the single. Trying to stay away from meth but I just got my tank in for meth....lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My fault, I was thinking PTE 6766.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
    My fault, I was thinking PTE 6766.
    Still the same size though. Both have 67mm compressor wheel, will flow a huge amount of air.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No, he has Comp turbo like me. The 6767. I have the comp 6465. The pte is one of the best, but I saved about 500$ wholesale cost on the comp turbo with all the same fancy stuff. Hopefully it will hold up just like the PTE, which I have no doubt it will.
    I've heard good things about the Comp turbs, I'd expect it to hold together better than a Precision, Precision makes power sure, but they're not exactly known for no issues. They all smoke, and there are many known to blow up. All these different turbos, all have been proven to make power on other platforms, will be interesting to see where they all spool.
    I still say I'll be the first AT in the 10's...haha!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 07Tundra Click here to enlarge
    Is about to be alleviated...how soon? days months years?..lol
    I'm not allowed to even talk about it which is bumming me out. Honestly, I'm not allowed to talk about so much cool $#@! it's stupid. Do you guys have any idea how much M157, S65, N54, etc., stuff tuners send me but then they write 'don't tell anyone' ?

If I said anything then I'd lose my reputation in the industry. One thing I definitely have going for me is I don't throw my vendors overboard for hits. Soo... man, you have to wait. I'm sorry. But it is weeks not months or years.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast