Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks Laloosh,

I for one look up to your knowledge as Clap135/Laloosh. I really appreciate this post and it has me thinking some more about several different things I've got going on. Thanks for taking the time to educate people like me that are admittedly very new and can learn a great deal from stuff like this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    N/M i thought you were Lou Laloosh.. i have my info wrong
    LOL, lou is here under the name louloulou and shown as a supporting vendor under the CP-E name. He also has a much different posting style Click here to enlarge
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great info laloosh, thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    If I was Lou and wrote this thread you would not be able to get through the first 3 sentences without scratching your head going WTF. lol You need to have a serious understanding of code writting to speak on that man's intelligence level....which I don't. When it comes to what hardware/code to use/write....I am an idiot lol. I believe even Terry and Lou talk as terry used his advice on making the new g4 board, but you didn't hear that from me.
    Lou is a great resource and all around cool guy. We share a lot of technical stuff back and forth.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Lou is a great resource and all around cool guy. We share a lot of technical stuff back and forth.
    Whatever way you want to put it to make the public happier lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOL talk to him and you'll see. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    So how does the ecu actually add or remove fuel?
    It is my understanging that fuel on this Direct Injection Engine is added via fuel pressure and Injector duty cycles. If any of the tune developers thinks this is wrong, please chime in.
    I'm curious as to which of these is the primary tuning mechanism. I would think injection time would be more effective than pressure changes, but the pressure would have to be higher when injecting more fuel to properly atomize it.

It's also really interesting that the engine can inject fuel up to 3 times in the stroke for low loads/high torque (<2000rpm), and twice between 2000 and 4000 rpm at high torque. Above 4000 rpm it's always a single injection event.

The ECU also injects fuel very late on cold starts to heat the catalysts quickly. This is the reason why cold starts sound different than warm starts. On cold starts there is a small amount of fuel injected 25 degrees after TDC and ignition occurs very late at 30 degrees after TDC. This causes hot EGTs that heat the cats quickly for emissions compliance.
    2009 335i: PROcede V4 with BMS DCI (still not sure how they get along!)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We alter both pressure and duty cycle. Duty cycle by altering the wideband sensor signal and fuel pressure by altering the fuel pressure signal. Both are done as a function of rpm, boost, etc.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    LOL talk to him and you'll see. Click here to enlarge
    I did. I hate a little chat with him about 3 weeks ago over a couple hot dogs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Doug007 Click here to enlarge
    I'm curious as to which of these is the primary tuning mechanism. I would think injection time would be more effective than pressure changes, but the pressure would have to be higher when injecting more fuel to properly atomize it.

It's also really interesting that the engine can inject fuel up to 3 times in the stroke for low loads/high torque (<2000rpm), and twice between 2000 and 4000 rpm at high torque. Above 4000 rpm it's always a single injection event.

The ECU also injects fuel very late on cold starts to heat the catalysts quickly. This is the reason why cold starts sound different than warm starts. On cold starts there is a small amount of fuel injected 25 degrees after TDC and ignition occurs very late at 30 degrees after TDC. This causes hot EGTs that heat the cats quickly for emissions compliance.
    This will also explain to most people on here why the car sounds so loud and burps, stumbles and grumbles when it's first started in 20 degree weather lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the information, very interesting and I did pick up quite a few points.
    You also did mention that it is stupid to run on 16psi on 93 octane. Tell me when you say running at 16psi, are you referring to sustained at 16psi or peaking at 16psi(max) than tapering off?
    2012 BMW 640i (AC Schnitzer Package)
    2011 Mercedes E250
    2007 Ford Mondeo

"Age is but a statistic that has no relevance to enjoyment of horsepower"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SAMLAMBO Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the information, very interesting and I did pick up quite a few points.
    You also did mention that it is stupid to run on 16psi on 93 octane. Tell me when you say running at 16psi, are you referring to sustained at 16psi or peaking at 16psi(max) than tapering off?
    Although it likely carries over to the N55 (I don't even know if the N55 turbo can do 16 psi safely) he is referencing an N54.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12