Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Higher load-> limp mode

Hi im new to this flash tuning thing, and i have a problem with this bmw 135i n54.

We have Procedes Open flash tablet and we have tried all the off the shelf maps, but we want more aggressive map. We have tried some small changes in Load target maps and WGDC maps. Problem is that we cant get rid of throttle closures 79 open----> 25... and why the car goes to limp mode when load targets are raised a bit? Is there some maps that we have to change to avoid limp mode? The car has bigger turbos, bigger wastegates, bigger intercooler, better airfilter and custom exhaust. Should get more power out with these parts.
    If someone could give some hints for these problems i would be very gratefull. and sorry for stupid questions Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

can you give more details of what hardware is on the car ?
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ApinaTume Click here to enlarge
    Hi im new to this flash tuning thing, and i have a problem with this bmw 135i n54.

We have Procedes Open flash tablet and we have tried all the off the shelf maps, but we want more aggressive map. We have tried some small changes in Load target maps and WGDC maps. Problem is that we cant get rid of throttle closures 79 open----> 25... and why the car goes to limp mode when load targets are raised a bit? Is there some maps that we have to change to avoid limp mode? The car has bigger turbos, bigger wastegates, bigger intercooler, better airfilter and custom exhaust. Should get more power out with these parts.
    If someone could give some hints for these problems i would be very gratefull. and sorry for stupid questions Click here to enlarge
    Sorry to say bud but you wasted your money with the OFT, it cannot support big numbers using flash only. Your choices are switch to Cobb or stack a piggyback on top of the OFT and you will get your power.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Sorry to say bud but you wasted your money with the OFT, it cannot support big numbers using flash only. Your choices are switch to Cobb or stack a piggyback on top of the OFT and you will get your power.

Why is that?
    I thought Cobb,OFT,and BB flash all do the same exact thing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by micta_7 Click here to enlarge
    Why is that?
    I thought Cobb,OFT,and BB flash all do the same exact thing.
    It's honestly not even close. Cobb is much farther advanced. I don't have the time to list all of the differences, but they are not even comparable if you are looking for maximum power or more than just a few mods. For a stock or lightly modded car i would say they are all very close.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    It's honestly not even close. Cobb is much farther advanced. I don't have the time to list all of the differences, but they are not even comparable if you are looking for maximum power or more than just a few mods. For a stock or lightly modded car i would say they are all very close.
    I understand that cobb is more advanced that is not what i asked.
    They both have access to load and wgdc tables, ingition, fuel and vanos tables ( same as BB flash too)
    So in terms of power output they should be the same (if same values in both)
    You said he cannot keep boost with OFT but he will be able to with COBB, i am trying to figure out why is that since Load and WGDC tables are available in both.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by micta_7 Click here to enlarge
    I understand that cobb is more advanced that is not what i asked.
    They both have access to load and wgdc tables, ingition, fuel and vanos tables ( same as BB flash too)
    So in terms of power output they should be the same (if same values in both)
    You said he cannot keep boost with OFT but he will be able to with COBB, i am trying to figure out why is that since Load and WGDC tables are available in both.
    It has to do with limits within the DME and the relationships between the tables. Cobb has custom logic that allows you to push past these barriers. Cobb also has the parameters availabale to datalog that will allow you to make the correct adjustments in the tables to dial boost in, i haven't looked over the OFT new data log channels with a microscope, but from what i have seen its still VERY lacking in the data-logging department.

I've been asking someone to show me an open source flashed ECU (whether OFT or BBF) that can hold 16psi at 6k rpm, no one can even come close. a FBO + meth or high Ethanol % car could run that amount of boost easily on stock turbos, yet no one does it? They just 15* of timing to account for the lack of boost they can build.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    can you give more details of what hardware is on the car ?
    Hardware on this car is: BMW MSD/V80/MSD81/85.1 I8A0S Vishnu OTS map stage1 with small load target mods.

BMW 135i 2xMitsubishi rh014, wagner evo2 intercooler, downpipes 2x3,5 inch, 2x240 race cat, chargepipes over double size, turbo intakepipes are double size.

Best dynorun 5th gear: 428 bhp 438,85 lb ft

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ApinaTume Click here to enlarge
    Hardware on this car is: BMW MSD/V80/MSD81/85.1 I8A0S Vishnu OTS map stage1 with small load target mods.

BMW 135i 2xMitsubishi rh014, wagner evo2 intercooler, downpipes 2x3,5 inch, 2x240 race cat, chargepipes over double size, turbo intakepipes are double size.

Best dynorun 5th gear: 428 bhp 438,85 lb ft
    Could you elaborate on the turbo setup? What and where these were ordered through? Are these supposed to be bigger upgrades or replacements? What fuel are you running? Any logs? I would think from the dyno numbers you should be getting close to where you should be depending on the fuel. As for the Cobb vs other flashes I thought the other flashes could do 90% of what Cobb could do. Are there not any higher HP flash only stock frame turbo guys out there?
    2008 135i - Cobb AP, JB4 G5 w/2Step&FSB, MS DP's, Berk street exhaust, AMS IC, VTT Inlets, UR Intake, ER CP w/Tial BOV, Spec 3+ & Steel FW, CDV delete, Quaife LSD, DSS Axles, M3 control arms, M3 rear SF bushings, M3 Trans bushings, SS brake lines. Pics