Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: EMAIL FROM ZF

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    They don't offer a bellhousing as of right now, but the 6X trans is good to go, I checked it out about 5-6 months ago. Badass transmission. Just need someone to make some bellhousings. The shop doing my car was going to do it, but they are just swamped right now, and I took my spare trans from them and sent it to nizpro in Australia who is known for ZF6hp26 upgrades, they are confident they'll be sending back a proper transmission build.
    Again, ok a proper transmission rebuild. There is NO doubt transmission builders here in the US can build a proper tranny. So unless they are hacking the TCU and taking control of it with a piggyback or flash etc, your upgraded hard parts are not worth the price of admission. Again its like upgrading your turbos and not tuning, whats the point, you aren't gaining anything. Everyone who has talked to LVL 10 etc has always been told, what you are getting back is a proper transmission build and I truly believe they are building a nice tranny, but if you can't control pressures, etc your clutches will never hold with the elevated power levels, tranny = smoked. Paying big money to ship it to Austrailia then paying these guys big money to build up the AT right now is honestly better spent swapping in an MT. Who knows how long its going to take to crack the TCU, but throwing hard parts at them has been proven not to work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    still cant believe you haven't found anyone yet. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Instagram: Sammy0559
    VTX3's Click here to enlarge
    Got one more tow with AAA lets make it count Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by R.G. Click here to enlarge
    Who makes the actual TCU components? Who actually creates the transmission software? Is it Kostal?
    any other companies that are contracted by BMW to develop hardware and software for trans control?
    @klipseracer

Do you know anything about this Klips?
    -Modified safety triangle in trunk
    -Carbon fiber key overlay
    PLANNED MODS
    -Wheel spacers

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    When was this posted? @Sticky ?

I'd love to do a DCT swap and call it a day. Only thing is...at what point do you just part out and buy an M3? LOL especially with turbo options coming available.
    It was posted on instagram 2 days ago.... I would give them a call if your seriously interested. Yea I would just part out and go m lol...wait, already did that.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Again, ok a proper transmission rebuild. There is NO doubt transmission builders here in the US can build a proper tranny. So unless they are hacking the TCU and taking control of it with a piggyback or flash etc, your upgraded hard parts are not worth the price of admission. Again its like upgrading your turbos and not tuning, whats the point, you aren't gaining anything. Everyone who has talked to LVL 10 etc has always been told, what you are getting back is a proper transmission build and I truly believe they are building a nice tranny, but if you can't control pressures, etc your clutches will never hold with the elevated power levels, tranny = smoked. Paying big money to ship it to Austrailia then paying these guys big money to build up the AT right now is honestly better spent swapping in an MT. Who knows how long its going to take to crack the TCU, but throwing hard parts at them has been proven not to work.
    You just think everyone's stupid don't you? Who says I dished out a ton of money? Who says they aren't doing something different? Or have connections on the tuning side? It's not back yet and not tested, but apparently you are a hypocrite and don't mind being quick to jump on someone else before they release more info even though you HATE IT when others do it to you. At least I'm not a vendor...I can post what I want. I don't know what will happen with what they have in the workings but I worked out a special deal with them to see what happens, I'd be a fool to send it over on my own dime and pay full price for a rebuild that isn't proven. They will be working on the tuning side, but until it's actually done I will research and see what else can happen on the tuning side. And FYI I am not a transmission expert but they have looked at the LVL10 rebuild and they are the second shop to tell me they are not surprised their upgrade failed and their upgrade will be different. Dodson was also going to be different but that deal fell through, so hopefully nizpro comes through.

Anyway, transmission made it to Sydney today so hopefully will get to their shop by end of the week and get opened up next week. It's really not my place right now to be dishing out details so as they come and are okay'd by the shop I will post updates. Until then I would love to find a tuning solution and try it out on my transmission that's on the car now and see what happens with a tuned transmission with stiffer mounts and a trans cooler with larger upgraded oil lines.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    It was posted on instagram 2 days ago.... I would give them a call if your seriously interested. Yea I would just part out and go m lol...wait, already did that.
    I already have two transmissions to test $#@! out on right now so until I no longer have a working 6AT to use in the car and beat on I'm not going to buy another one...lol but if my 6AT build is a bust then a DCT or 6MT will be going in. I'm really not interested in throwing in a different transmission. It's not going to be any less money, so might as well go DCT. DCT stock turbo 1/4 mile times are already impressive

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    When was this posted? @Sticky ?

I'd love to do a DCT swap and call it a day. Only thing is...at what point do you just part out and buy an M3? LOL especially with turbo options coming available.
    @klipseracer

Do you know anything about this Klips?
    I only know the winning mega millions numbers. Sorry I can't help.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You just think everyone's stupid don't you? Who says I dished out a ton of money? Who says they aren't doing something different? Or have connections on the tuning side? It's not back yet and not tested, but apparently you are a hypocrite and don't mind being quick to jump on someone else before they release more info even though you HATE IT when others do it to you. At least I'm not a vendor...I can post what I want. I don't know what will happen with what they have in the workings but I worked out a special deal with them to see what happens, I'd be a fool to send it over on my own dime and pay full price for a rebuild that isn't proven. They will be working on the tuning side, but until it's actually done I will research and see what else can happen on the tuning side. And FYI I am not a transmission expert but they have looked at the LVL10 rebuild and they are the second shop to tell me they are not surprised their upgrade failed and their upgrade will be different. Dodson was also going to be different but that deal fell through, so hopefully nizpro comes through.

Anyway, transmission made it to Sydney today so hopefully will get to their shop by end of the week and get opened up next week. It's really not my place right now to be dishing out details so as they come and are okay'd by the shop I will post updates. Until then I would love to find a tuning solution and try it out on my transmission that's on the car now and see what happens with a tuned transmission with stiffer mounts and a trans cooler with larger upgraded oil lines.
    Well well look at captain sensy pants. Good luck sir, time will tell.

You have not been here that so long so you do not realize, these AT threads are like groundhog day going back 3 years. People talking about the same things over and over and over. Bottom line and end of story with the AT, when the TCU can be controlled like the DME can the AT will be a viable option above 550 WTQ or so, until then, people will continue to throw money at it. This is of course my prediction based on the pretty strong facts at hand, but hey I could be wrong.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Software most likely developed by/in Autosar. Once I get a bit more time I'll be looking in to companies that deal with that platformor something similar. Transmission or tuning companies are not going to be software solution. There's a solution and I'll find out how much it will cost.
    PLANNED MODS
    -Wheel spacers

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    I only know the winning mega millions numbers. Sorry I can't help.

You actually might Klips

ill be PMing you as soon as I get back to my desk.
    PLANNED MODS
    -Wheel spacers

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Dude don't get upset this guy has no clue what you worked out with Simon or what they're doing. If it doesn't work you lost nothing as you didn't pay anything. At least you're trying something instead of just commenting! Good luck

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Software most likely developed by/in Autosar. Once I get a bit more time I'll be looking in to companies that deal with that platformor something similar. Transmission or tuning companies are not going to be software solution. There's a solution and I'll find out how much it will cost.
    So just checking out the Autosar website, they are core partners with BMW and BMW group, and BOSCH, and premium partners with ZF, so yeah, I'd say that's definitely where the TCU software stems from, but now we need the next step. I'll be doing further research trying to figure out exactly who designed the software, who built the hardware end of it, etc.

Trying to find that out now.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'd like to see a 8L90 swap into a 335i. 8-speed slushbox that's faster than a porsche PDK anybody? Might need some custom. My bets it will be cracked for use in gocarts before the ZF http://gmauthority.com/blog/2014/03/...-transmission/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    I'd like to see a 8L90 swap into a 335i. 8-speed slushbox that's faster than a porsche PDK anybody? Might need some custom. My bets it will be cracked for use in gocarts before the ZF http://gmauthority.com/blog/2014/03/...-transmission/
    I'd imagine the bellhousing will be rather on the enormous side....But with the right fab work, i'm sure you could get it in.

Use a transmission standalone to control it + MT DME?
    E88 N54 w stuff
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thats a HUGE transmission, it looks like. also, whatcha gonna do about a tailshaft? Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports dealer
    Turner Motorsports dealer
    Bimmerworld dealer
    Active Autowerks Dealer
    Shipping built/stroked/CNC ported N54's Internationally!
    Follow us!
    http://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
    http://twitter.com/abrhouston
    http://instagram.com/abrhouston/
    http://abrhouston.com
    http://abr.genbook.com Book online appointments!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alex@ABRhouston Click here to enlarge
    Thats a HUGE transmission, it looks like. also, whatcha gonna do about a tailshaft? Click here to enlarge
    Welding and/or jb weld is always the answer :-)

Sorry to de rail. AT threads always make me happy for buying a MT, it was a tough choice in Houston.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    Why link there when you can discuss it here?

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...tch-but-can-it
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I looked around a little- and didn't get what I wanted to see.

What do you want to change?

Line pressure?
    Shift points?
    What other variables do you want to modify?
    Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports dealer
    Turner Motorsports dealer
    Bimmerworld dealer
    Active Autowerks Dealer
    Shipping built/stroked/CNC ported N54's Internationally!
    Follow us!
    http://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
    http://twitter.com/abrhouston
    http://instagram.com/abrhouston/
    http://abrhouston.com
    http://abr.genbook.com Book online appointments!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345