09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    The reason SCT has control over the ZF TCM used by ford is the same reason reason Cobb has advanced the 2.0 Ecoboost ECU further in a few short months than it has the N54 DME in 3 years(both built/designed by Bosch.) That reason is DOMESTIC STUFF IS EASY. Domestic manufacturers seem to want their stuff cracked and used to make more power.
    But that doesn't explain the 6hp26 being cracked in Australia or anywhere overseas does it? I know Ford has their own version of the 26

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    doesn't someone , a user whos around a lot, have a level 10 and track over seas and has had it for some time now?

Why not just swap to a manual though? I dont get why people would want an AT tranny, you spend 99.9 % of your time off the track, who cares about 60-130... Why not just enjoy the $#@! out of your car with a MT , or swap to the DCT once thats upgraded and proven...
    The people that NEED the upgrade spend a lot more than .1% of their time at the track, me included. Sure the MT swap is an option right now, and no, you don't need to swap DME's, whoever said that is just wrong, you just need to re-flash the ECU to think it's a MT, multiple people have done this.

The whole idea here is to make the car as fast as possible, and sorry, but an MT just isn't going to do that. My next sports car build will probably be a manual e46 M3 S/C all for "fun factor", but this car I want as fast as possible in a straight line, and on the dragstrip, so a 6AT is the best option. Not to mention, once the tuning is there, who knows what the stock hardparts will actually be able to hold with a simple trans cooler. The cost effectiveness and performance on a 6AT upgrade option is night and day compared to a MT swap.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 07Tundra Click here to enlarge
    But that doesn't explain the 6hp26 being cracked in Australia or anywhere overseas does it? I know Ford has their own version of the 26
    This is honestly an unknown. SCT apparently does have tuning files for ZF transmissions, and apparently cracking the ZF6hp26 was no piece of cake, and there is only AFAIK one company offering upgrades for it from rebuild to tuning and proven results, it is in no way comparable to cracking the 6r80/6r60 american verisions, that I do know. How much different is the ZF6hp21? No idea. I mean think about it. What motivation would any company have to even attempt it until the last 6 months or so when "Stage 3" has started become more commonplace underneath the hoods of N54 cars?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    doesn't someone , a user whos around a lot, have a level 10 and track over seas and has had it for some time now?

Why not just swap to a manual though? I dont get why people would want an AT tranny, you spend 99.9 % of your time off the track, who cares about 60-130... Why not just enjoy the $#@! out of your car with a MT , or swap to the DCT once thats upgraded and proven...
    When is that upgraded DCT going to be done? Wasn't Dodson suppose to do something with the DCT?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    When is that upgraded DCT going to be done? Wasn't Dodson suppose to do something with the DCT?
    They were, they already have upgraded clutches I guess, but AFAIK they have the same issue on the DCT right now as far as tuning. Gintani is apparently the closest and should be releasing the info and Sticky's car completed any day.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    They were, they already have upgraded clutches I guess, but AFAIK they have the same issue on the DCT right now as far as tuning. Gintani is apparently the closest and should be releasing the info and Sticky's car completed any day.
    Gintani has the software side also done?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    On the DCT, yes.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not sure if they are working on that themselves or working alongside someone else. @Sticky any idea what's going on with the tuning side of the DCT?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    On the DCT, yes.
    Not sure if they are working on that themselves or working alongside someone else. @Sticky any idea what's going on with the tuning side of the DCT?
    You're just too quick Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

any day in the next two years ..... lol (joke)

Line lock , a 6mt and suspension work ( than adjusting) shouldnt be much slower than .1-.3 tenths and save you thousands and thousands of dollars... unless you plan to push into the 800+ range i dont think its that much of an advantage to go down this road of the unknown...

If there were options avl already... Sure, by all means I agree. But everything will be a huge question mark... if I were you i would do a manual swap and wait for T to figure something out...
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nobody is allowed to talk about it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    any day in the next two years ..... lol (joke)

Line lock , a 6mt and suspension work ( than adjusting) shouldnt be much slower than .1-.3 tenths and save you thousands and thousands of dollars... unless you plan to push into the 800+ range i dont think its that much of an advantage to go down this road of the unknown...

If there were options avl already... Sure, by all means I agree. But everything will be a huge question mark... if I were you i would do a manual swap and wait for T to figure something out...
    So how much is a manual swap? What happens to resale value with that manual? I'd rather keep my AT I've had plenty of cars with manuals! If T's lvl10 build comes thru then the AT will be the best Trans out there......lol J/K If Sticky talks to anyone about it he would have to kill you LOL yet another joke

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    MT just don't cut it for me on the racetrack. Yes it's awesome if you master heel and toe. But I'd rather focus on the race line and not on my feet Click here to enlarge

And on high hp cars you need upgraded clutches which are a PIA for anything but spirited driving. I've experienced that myself in a friend's car. Thanks but no thanks.

So I'm all in for 6AT upgrade options.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    MT just don't cut it for me on the racetrack. Yes it's awesome if you master heel and toe. But I'd rather focus on the race line and not on my feet Click here to enlarge

And on high hp cars you need upgraded clutches which are a PIA for anything but spirited driving. I've experienced that myself in a friend's car. Thanks but no thanks.

So I'm all in for 6AT upgrade options.
    I'm driving with a clutch that can hold 700 WTQ+ and I just got out of it and drove a car with a stock clutch and the difference was only very slight and in daily driving I do not even notice the clutch, so that point is moot. For road racing, DCT or MT are the kings of the kill, for Drag racing a properly set up AT will take all comers every time. The people that need this upgrade are the ones drag racing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Nobody is allowed to talk about it.
    What is this, Fight Club? Click here to enlarge

The first rule of gintani, you do not talk about dct software.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    What is this, Fight Club? Click here to enlarge

The first rule of gintani, you do not talk about dct software.
    Right? To me that just means, "yeah we're still stumped and working on it"

Found out the answer anyway, just wanted to know if Gintani was working on the tuning or someone else, and it sounds like Gintani is themselves.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I'm driving with a clutch that can hold 700 WTQ+ and I just got out of it and drove a car with a stock clutch and the difference was only very slight and in daily driving I do not even notice the clutch, so that point is moot. For road racing, DCT or MT are the kings of the kill, for Drag racing a properly set up AT will take all comers every time. The people that need this upgrade are the ones drag racing.
    What clutch are you using? I have never seen that statement to be true, how can a clutch drive the same as stock but handle 3 times the power? Engagement point, firmness, travel, would all change. Just depends on how you drive though, if you have a heavy left foot I could see the difference in feel being minimized.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What clutch are you using? I have never seen that statement to be true, how can a clutch drive the same as stock but handle 3 times the power? Engagement point, firmness, travel, would all change. Just depends on how you drive though, if you have a heavy left foot I could see the difference in feel being minimized.
    Spec 3+, sure the engagement is in a slighty different spot and the pedal is slightly heavier, but the clutch is a breeze to drive. The south bend I had in the stage 3 car was much tougher to drive. This clutch honestly is so nice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Spec 3+, sure the engagement is in a slighty different spot and the pedal is slightly heavier, but the clutch is a breeze to drive. The south bend I had in the stage 3 car was much tougher to drive. This clutch honestly is so nice.
    Oh, you do have a 3+, I was thinking you had a 2+ for some reason. Well if I be damned, that's great news then, since MT swap is my backup plan if my rebuild doesn't work out.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Level 10 works wonders guys, i have a couple customers running around with Just LEvel 10 VB and TQ. and holds up great. before most would have the trans popping into neutral or when launching at the strip Cog symbol popping up. level 10 seems like the midrange upgrade. but i don't really see it as the full kill mode upgrade.

maybe if L10 shims the crap out of the VB, but then it might shift so hard it will break the sprags ect. but I'm gonna see how this auto i have holds up with the stage 3's before i go MT.
    Click here to enlarge
    Instagram: Sammy0559
    VTX3's Click here to enlarge
    Got one more tow with AAA lets make it count Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I gave up on the auto... DCT + Gintani software it is. Someone have 5k to donate to me?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    I gave up on the auto... DCT + Gintani software it is. Someone have 5k to donate to me?
    No.

Anyone have $5k to donate to me?

It's ok, I already know the answer to that question. Frankly, it's too late anyway. $#@!ing SSP...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No.

Anyone have $5k to donate to me?

It's ok, I already know the answer to that question. Frankly, it's too late anyway. $#@!ing SSP...
    I'll give you 5000 Jamaican Dollars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    I'll give you 5000 Jamaican Dollars.
    I don't even know wtf a Jamaican dollar is.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast