Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Question First time running OTS Cobb e30 Map. Thoughts on datalog? What's up with the STFT?

Here is a datalog of my first time running any sort of E85.

Car is FBO no meth. Ran Propel E85 mixed with ACN 91. By my calculations it should around E32-34.
    Car has new stock turbos, injectors, plugs, HPFP, new pre-cat O2 sensors, and coils all within the last 5K miles.

ALL adaptations, including lambda adaptation, were reset with a BT tool prior to logging.

Car ran for about 15 miles after resetting everything and before taking this log.

My STFTs are maxing out for 1k RPM range from 3300 - 4300 but then recover. The AFR looks fine to me during that 1k range. The timing doesn't look terrible to my inexperienced eyes.

I had this STFT issue in the past on a 100% stock map and an OTS Cobb STage 2+ Drive map, but was eventually able to get STFT back in check by resetting adaptations multiple multiple times and swapping maps multiples times (what exactly fixed it I am not sure). I am not sure why the car keeps having this STFT issue, even after resetting everything.

http://www.datazap.me/u/stangorang/e...-using-bt-tool

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You need to edit your fuel scalar.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...850#post530850
    Cobb E30 / DCI / VRSF Downpipes / VRSF 7" Intercooler / Walbro LPFP / E85

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bimmer305 Click here to enlarge
    I figured that would work. Wasn't sure if this was a sign of another issue. Editing the scalar worked last time I had this issue, but I guess I viewed it more as a Bandaid than a true fix.

Of note the car has 101K miles and as far as I know the LPFP has never been touched. Last valve cleaning was at 60k miles.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by stangorang Click here to enlarge
    I figured that would work. Wasn't sure if this was a sign of another issue. Editing the scalar worked last time I had this issue, but I guess I viewed it more as a Bandaid than a true fix.

Of note the car has 101K miles and as far as I know the LPFP has never been touched. Last valve cleaning was at 60k miles.
    You talk of it as if there is something wrong with it. There is nothing wrong with. It is normal for trims to get messed up when adding ethanol, that what the scalar table is for.

Also, your trims are not maxed out. maxed out will be at 50. You could drive like that forever without any problem.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bimmer305 Click here to enlarge
    You talk of it as if there is something wrong with it. There is nothing wrong with. It is normal for trims to get messed up when adding ethanol, that what the scalar table is for.

Also, your trims are not maxed out. maxed out will be at 50. You could drive like that forever without any problem.
    Alright I changed the fuel scalar for both banks with the values in that excel sheet.

Pre-change
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You need to populate the load and RPM x and y axis values.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is the OP running beta ATR ? If so roll it back, unless there is no 3D scalar table on teh roll back ?

Its just kinda wierd seeing a null Y and X axis for the scalar table, I have never seen that before

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    Good point. Didnt notice that. Here is the fixed version.

Why would the OTS e30 map not have anything changed? I swear I looked at this map awhile ago and the scalar was changed. I don't remember it being 3D though...

I am running whatever ATR Cobb sent me a link to. It is version 1.9.1.0-7358 (Build date Dec 4, 2013).

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    Is the OP running beta ATR ? If so roll it back, unless there is no 3D scalar table on teh roll back ?

Its just kinda wierd seeing a null Y and X axis for the scalar table, I have never seen that before
    I checked the OTS E30 map for I8AOS again, and there is nothing filled in for the RPM or Load. I swear it wasn't like that like 6 months ago....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    6 months ago there was no 3d fuel scalar, at least for non IS/1M roms. So when you update ATR and it includes the 3d table for all roms us regular n54 guys have to fill in all the load cells and populate the x and y axis.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Before, fuel scalar was only a single cell value. After cobb released a new version of ATR that included the 3D scalar but the ots maps were not updated with the 3D scalar, we have to make the changes ourself until they update the maps. 3D scalar maps were only abailabe for IS cars.

Edit: bmw335 replied a little faster Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well that explains everything haha

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Did another 3rd gear log after making the changes to the fuel scalar. Looks the about the same to me. Leave it or make changes?

Also, in simple terms, what does changing the fuel scalar actually do? I don't quite understand Cobb's explanation.

http://datazap.me/u/stangorang/new-f...14-15-16-17-22

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Also the 3D fuel scalar load only goes up to 180, while the load table targets are 190 through most of the mid range. Is that 180 in the fuel table considered 180 and anything above that?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Random question about writing maps to car. I just got a v3. Took like 30-40min the 1st time around. After that I was under the impression it was like a 2 min thing. So, I uninstalled just to test it out so I would know how to do it. That took like 5-7 minutes Im guessing. But then I re-installed stage 1 agg. and I was stuck in a parking lot for like 30-40min! Is that normal?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    2-3 minutes sounds way way too fast.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by elite Click here to enlarge
    Random question about writing maps to car. I just got a v3. Took like 30-40min the 1st time around. After that I was under the impression it was like a 2 min thing. So, I uninstalled just to test it out so I would know how to do it. That took like 5-7 minutes Im guessing. But then I re-installed stage 1 agg. and I was stuck in a parking lot for like 30-40min! Is that normal?
    It takes 30 minutes to flash to a stock DME. The AP saves the stock ROM and then replaces it with Cobb's mapping. If you uninstall the AP the. It will take 30 minutes to reinstall it but if just switching maps with the AP installed then it only take 2-3 minutes.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you're hitting higher loads in the midrange than what you have in you X-axis for the scalar table, rescale the values Click here to enlarge

looks like you can drop the 65 and 75 load columns, and add yourself a 190 and 200 if you need!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jyamona Click here to enlarge
    If you're hitting higher loads in the midrange than what you have in you X-axis for the scalar table, rescale the values Click here to enlarge

looks like you can drop the 65 and 75 load columns, and add yourself a 190 and 200 if you need!
    My actual load never seems to go above 190.