Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

2D59/D354/D355/D356 openflash stg1, 08 335xi/93oc/DCI only

Only happens getting on the highway mid throttle usually between 60-70mph and 2000-3000rpm

these codes are for torque limit control, what tables in tunerpro are responsible for this behavior? Why does it only occur when engine/oil aren't fully warm... is there an offset table coming into play here?

*frustrated*

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

I understand you're frustrated but I have no idea why you're getting codes.

Anyone?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ls3c6 Click here to enlarge
    Only happens getting on the highway mid throttle usually between 60-70mph and 2000-3000rpm

these codes are for torque limit control, what tables in tunerpro are responsible for this behavior? Why does it only occur when engine/oil aren't fully warm... is there an offset table coming into play here?

*frustrated*
    The quick answer would be to go in and adjust your load target to a lower value in tuner pro. The DME is targeting around or above 18psi in that area, which is flirting with a few different limits in the DME. Decrease the load target by 5 or 10 in those rpm ranges and see if that fixes it.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Did you ever solve this? I'm getting this issue sometimes too, but it's happening on steady throttle (25-35 load) crusing down the highway in 5th or 6th gear. I cant get it to repeat when i try and it only happens once in a while. Sometimes i get code 2D59 and sometimes it happens without a code. Dash lights all come up and car wont respond to pedal until i cycle ignition.

I8A0S MTX running a self tuned map.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by colo_evo Click here to enlarge
    Did you ever solve this? I'm getting this issue sometimes too, but it's happening on steady throttle (25-35 load) crusing down the highway in 5th or 6th gear. I cant get it to repeat when i try and it only happens once in a while. Sometimes i get code 2D59 and sometimes it happens without a code. Dash lights all come up and car wont respond to pedal until i cycle ignition.

I8A0S MTX running a self tuned map.
    What values do you have in the "Torque Monitor Max Difference" table?

Are you flashing with OFT or MHD?

I have had this code once in exactly the same circumstances you have described. Cruising in a high gear then BAM, no control over the car, the car kept trying to pull forwards even with the brakes applied.

I think it was because the actual torque was too far from the requested torque at the time.

I changed the values in "Torque Monitor Max Difference" to 376 in every cell and haven't had the error since. But I've also had new injectors, O2 sensors, c@ts and plugs since so I can't be certain if the torque discrepancy was down to gross over fuelling from the injectors causing a discrepancy between the reported torque and what the DME expected to see or something else.