Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Finally went with the Walbro Inline Setup

Here are before and after logs on PTF 93 octane map. Before and after with E45 in the tank to come in a few days.

Before log is with my original LPFP with 74k miles and the after log is with a new, OEM LPFP with Walbro inline setup.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I have a walbro inline ready to install this weekend... Any easy way to tell if i'll be fine keeping my stock LPFP and adding the inline or if I should get a new OEM LPFP too?
    Click here to enlarge < Click picture for photoshoot
    E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
    More Pictures: Build Thread /// Shop I use: Aci Dynamix 408AWHP/ 483AWTQ Uncorrected Mustang Dyno

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by psmith95 Click here to enlarge
    I have a walbro inline ready to install this weekend... Any easy way to tell if i'll be fine keeping my stock LPFP and adding the inline or if I should get a new OEM LPFP too?
    Mine was dipping below 50PSI low pressure with anything more than E20 in the tank. At 50K miles I figured it best to replace the entire low pressure side, so did LPFP bucket at the same time I swapped in the inline pump.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    Mine was dipping below 50PSI low pressure with anything more than E20 in the tank. At 50K miles I figured it best to replace the entire low pressure side, so did LPFP bucket at the same time I swapped in the inline pump.
    +1. I was hitting around 50 psi with 93 octane in the tank and dipping to around 35 psi with an E45 mixture. Log your LPFP requested and actual to see how it's doing.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

great post...
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Nice man! You finally did it! Any pics of install? I'm curious as to how the wiring actually goes on these.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I actually ordered a new LPFP and had it shipped to SteveAZ and he assembled it for me. Info on his build can be found here http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23223

How's your car coming along? Now that I have the new LPFP sorted out I plan on getting down to the track soon. I need to figure out this vibration first.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Is this the pump from SteveAZ? I should be getting my new lpfp + walbro inline this week from him as my old pump was tired as well.

Edit: Just read the above post, thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JStang Click here to enlarge
    I actually ordered a new LPFP and had it shipped to SteveAZ and he assembled it for me. Info on his build can be found here http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23223

How's your car coming along? Now that I have the new LPFP sorted out I plan on getting down to the track soon. I need to figure out this vibration first.
    Check out my thread on fuses, just something to keep in mind for anyone after adding another pump inline or in-tank. Just something to keep tabs on and be prepared for so if it does happen, you don’t have to get towed twice like I did.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Check out my thread on fuses, just something to keep in mind for anyone after adding another pump inline or in-tank. Just something to keep tabs on and be prepared for so if it does happen, you don’t have to get towed twice like I did.
    Do you just recommend that I keep some spare 25 amp fuses in the car?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Do you just recommend that I keep some spare 25 amp fuses in the car?
    Not a bad idea honestly. If it’s just the fuse not holding up, replacing it on the side of the road is what, a 20 minute job? No biggie. Just not something worth getting stranded over.

But I don’t mean to scare you- this could just be my FFTEC pump sucking. I should have listened to the voice in my head asking me “so why are you spending $600 on a fuel pump?” when I bought the damn thing. Oh well.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Not a bad idea honestly. If it’s just the fuse not holding up, replacing it on the side of the road is what, a 20 minute job? No biggie. Just not something worth getting stranded over.

But I don’t mean to scare you- this could just be my FFTEC pump sucking. I should have listened to the voice in my head asking me “so why are you spending $600 on a fuel pump?” when I bought the damn thing. Oh well.
    FFtec has no problem raping people on some things. When I took my boost solenoid to my shop for install he said, "why did you order this? I have one in stock right if I knew that's what you needed. But you probably got a better deal, I sell these for $30." My reply was, "$#@! me, they charged me $125!" He couldn't believe it. What a joke They didn't even package it nicely or anything. This was for my single turbo setup BTW, not a part most have/need.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

It's coming along, slowly, but getting there. Just taking time to make sure everything is done perfect, all wires under the hood are being re-loomed and re-organized, working up a custom intake for the turbo, which took 2 months to get after ordering. Just ordered an M Factory LSD, some BC forged wheels, CF hood, M3 sideskirts, lol, lots going on. It will be pretty sweet by the time it leaves. Looking at changing up front bumper now, maybe Prior Designs 1M style

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Where is the fuse that your blowing? Isnt the lpfp fuse behind the glove box? At least that's the one I pulled when doing my walbro inline install so there was no pressure built up when taking everything apart.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    Where is the fuse that your blowing? Isnt the lpfp fuse behind the glove box? At least that's the one I pulled when doing my walbro inline install so there was no pressure built up when taking everything apart.
    I was thinking the same thing. When he said 20 minutes he made me think it was somewhere else but I just searched and it is fuse #70 in the glovebox.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    It's coming along, slowly, but getting there. Just taking time to make sure everything is done perfect, all wires under the hood are being re-loomed and re-organized, working up a custom intake for the turbo, which took 2 months to get after ordering. Just ordered an M Factory LSD, some BC forged wheels, CF hood, M3 sideskirts, lol, lots going on. It will be pretty sweet by the time it leaves. Looking at changing up front bumper now, maybe Prior Designs 1M style
    That's awesome. I can't wait to check it out when it's done. Make sure to let me know!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    FFtec has no problem raping people on some things. When I took my boost solenoid to my shop for install he said, "why did you order this? I have one in stock right if I knew that's what you needed. But you probably got a better deal, I sell these for $30." My reply was, "$#@! me, they charged me $125!" He couldn't believe it. What a joke They didn't even package it nicely or anything. This was for my single turbo setup BTW, not a part most have/need.
    It took 3 months for my FFTEC pump to arrive at my doorstep. So yea. Frustrating because I know what a capable shop they are. I understand a fuel pump was not going to be a top priority for them and thatís OK, but 3 months is absurd. 3 months for a ST conversion? Sure, no problem. 3 months for a billet adaptor for a fuel pump? CímonÖI just hope itís working properly and is not the underlying cause of this blown fuse rampage my car is going on. I think itís working fine but tough to be certain.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    Yep. I want to say it's #70 , green colored sucker IIRC 20 amps. But it's right in the glove, which is why I was so pissed to have to tow the car over such a simple problem. But to be clear, I still have to establish that the link is causal. For all I know the blown fuse is merely the outcome, and not the root of the problem. I doubt it but certainly could be possible. Weíll see how the 25 amp fuse plays.

Edit: I see I confused people with ď20 minutesĒ. How about 5 minutes. Better?

It was just for relative context amigos! Yes itís in the glove, nothing at all exotic about the fuse.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Edit: I see I confused people with “20 minutes”. How about 5 minutes. Better?

It was just for relative context amigos! Yes it’s in the glove, nothing at all exotic about the fuse.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

I will say it did take me a few minutes to figure out how to drop the glove box low enough to get to the fuse box on my e82. Was much easier on my e90 and had me confused for a sec when I went looking for it in the 1er.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

How much is an OEM LPFP anyways?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I got mine for $236 shipped off of ebay.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

I got mine for $160. It's not BMW branded but its the OEM supplier, which is VDO!

You can send a message to the seller and they will reply back with the supplier. I'm running the inline + Walbro as well, replaced both at the same time.

Here's the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-Fuel-Pump-/251116578105?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &hash=item3a77b6e539&vxp=mtr
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750 / MHD+JB4 / ADV / SB REAR O2

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Just picked up a 5 pack of 25 amp fuses to throw in the glove box. Mine was in position 88 on the fuse diagram.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Just picked up a 5 pack of 25 amp fuses to throw in the glove box. Mine was in position 88 on the fuse diagram.
    Smart. I bet you won't have problems but it's good insurance.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

@JStang did the inline fix your rough starts by any chance?
    E50 PTF

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast