0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Can't wait

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sniz Click here to enlarge
    are JB3 owners given a cheat sheet w retarded comments to post on the interweb when they purchase a tune from Terry?
    I thought that while scrolling through this mess as well and lol'd out loud when I got to this. +1 on blind fanboying
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    are JB3 owners given a cheat sheet w retarded comments to post on the interweb when they purchase a tune from Terry?
    No, I never received a "retarded comment cheat sheet" with my JB3, just a map selection guide.

I've seen some pretty stupid stuff coming from Procede owners as well.

It's hard to beat greatest335i at being retarded though.......... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so if the V4 drives better AND is more powerful why did you put the JB3 back in? Sell the procede to get the Standback?
    more powerful? how do you figure?
    whens the last time you used a proceed? V2 or v3? what baout jb? seems like a bit of blind fanboi'ism no?

BTW, i plan on buying a V4 and running it as well, just as soon as i have my built motor ready to go in, just so i can show that a v4 with 20psi, 93 oct and no meth failsafe on a stock motor wont save you, regardless of what someone claims

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    BTW, i plan on buying a V4 and running it as well, just as soon as i have my built motor ready to go in, just so i can show that a v4 with 20psi, 93 oct and no meth failsafe on a stock motor wont save you, regardless of what someone claims
    Might be better to "rent" one.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    whens the last time you used a proceed? V2 or v3? what baout jb? seems like a bit of blind fanboi'ism no?

I'll take you at your word if it prevents you blowing something....
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Might be better to "rent" one.
    no, because then im not a regular customer. Besides, with a 14day moneyback warranty, im sure ill have plenty of time to send it back

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brey335i Click here to enlarge
    I'll take you at your word if it prevents you blowing something....
    if it does, but im confident we all know the outcome already. Tuner can claim whatever they want until someone puts it to the test

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    if it does, but im confident we all know the outcome already. Tuner can claim whatever they want until someone puts it to the test
    Well I look forward to putting up some nice coverage on this if that is ok with you. Some 60-130's and dynos added it would make it incredible...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    gonna be a while before i build a motor though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    gonna be a while before i build a motor though.
    Aren't you planning on doing V4 vs. JB3 on this motor?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

thats literally what he said, just repeating it.

both tunes can obviously run at the same boost levels while at the threshold of the knock sensors, cant imagine they would be any different in power.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    both tunes can obviously run at the same boost levels while at the threshold of the knock sensors, cant imagine they would be any different in power.
    That's what I'm thinking.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    cool, the SB2 sounds like its going to work great, wish there was more end user data at this point though Click here to enlarge

so JB3 -> V4 -> JB3 -> SB2

would it be fair for you to say that the V4 was better than the JB3?

i'm interested to see what you have to say about the SB2 being you've used the other 2 tunes already.
    No offense intended here but I've read some of your posts and wonder -- why are you still involved in this community? Hasn't it been a couple years since you had an N54? Reliving your glory days?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    No offense intended here but I've read some of your posts and wonder -- why are you still involved in this community? Hasn't it been a couple years since you had an N54? Reliving your glory days?
    He has an awesome E36 and everyone is welcome. We don't just focus on the N54.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It seems I read weekly trash JB talking from this guy and have to wonder to myself what is motivating it and why he's even poking around N54 forums still? Last tune of ours he ran was the JBX (3 years ago?) and the PROcede was what v2?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    It seems I read weekly trash JB talking from this guy and have to wonder to myself what is motivating it and why he's even poking around N54 forums still? Last tune of ours he ran was the JBX (3 years ago?) and the PROcede was what v2?
    sorry if Ive hurt your feelings Terry. Go back to working on your tune, hopefully your next one wont require others outside your camp educating your customers.

i'm on here because its interesting. I'm involved in the n54 discussions for 2 reasons. I like the n54 and can see myself owning one again. I also enjoy reading the idiotic comments of many people on these forums as well as the unfortunately seldom intelligent comment.

many of my friends have the n54 still and I get multiple PM questions from users on what they should do with their cars and also install many parts for people.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    People who feel like educating others are the worst. They know more than noobs, so they are never in doubt, but often wrong.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    People who feel like educating others are the worst. They know more than noobs, so they are never in doubt, but often wrong.
    tough way at looking at humanity.

someone has to educate the masses, not everyone can be wrong. Someone has to be the teacher.

^ not saying that I am.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Aren't you planning on doing V4 vs. JB3 on this motor?
    on the built motor? no, either Sb2 or "JB4" probably back to back depending on how extreme its built.

for the stock motor, my post was refering to once the built motor is ready for install, i wouldnt mind proving, or disproving rather, claims of a certain tunes ability to ""save" the motor if too much boost is used on pumpgas with meth, no failsafe and meth cuts off. as someone claims it would do

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    on the built motor? no, either Sb2 or "JB4" probably back to back depending on how extreme its built.

for the stock motor, my post was refering to once the built motor is ready for install, i wouldnt mind proving, or disproving rather, claims of a certain tunes ability to ""save" the motor if too much boost is used on pumpgas with meth, no failsafe and meth cuts off. as someone claims it would do
    when are you builiding a n54? should be interesting. PLEASE tell me your going lower compression and single turbo or at least somehow upgraded twins. I know you have Beck's but i'm referring to actually larger housings and DBB.

is it possible to make the n54 upright w different mounts and a tranny adapter? I think that would be best, then custom mani's and twin gt30r's would fit no problem.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    oh this post by Defacto pretty much sums it up, god I want his M6......:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DefactoM6 Click here to enlarge
    Vishnu Procede V4. It's head and shoulders above a JB3. It's a safer, smoother, more reliable, refined, controlled, featured, integrated and all-around better tune than the JB3. It is more expensive than a JB3 by itself, but if you added the DPfix+Speed Delimiter+Cantool+BT Cable (the V4 has all of those features, and in most cases, does a 10000x better job at it than the BMS) to make it a fair comparison, a V4 costs basically the same, but is still a vastly superior, better engineered product.

I've had both tunes on my car, bone stock. I had the JB3 first. I think you can guess which one I'm running.

I strongly suggest that you take the time to educate yourself...read the stickies at the top of this forum, read Maximum Boost by Corky Bell (another forum member posted a PDF to the book if you don't want to bother finding the hard copy). Then learn about how each tune works, and learn about it from third parties...from users, from people who know their stuff. And to be quite frank, the number of people who fit that qualification around here is probably 5%. Though I have tuned my e24, I am far from an arbiter on all things engine and turbo...but I did educate myself enough to make an informed decision when it came time to tune my E92. I would strongly suggest doing the same.

And if all else fails, listen to the people who have had both tunes (or more). They're in a much better position to speak on how they work. And for what it's worth, whether here or on other N54-focused forums, the guys who try multiple tunes are usually switching one direction...and it isn't toward the JB3.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    when are you builiding a n54? should be interesting. PLEASE tell me your going lower compression and single turbo or at least somehow upgraded twins. I know you have Beck's but i'm referring to actually larger housings and DBB.

is it possible to make the n54 upright w different mounts and a tranny adapter? I think that would be best, then custom mani's and twin gt30r's would fit no problem.
    there is the dilema, ive source parts/prices and even just to swap pistons, its about $6k add rods and head, looking at $9k, add the 2nd fueling system thats not realeased or priced yet, add what 1-2k? so im trying to keep it on a bugdet, but worthwhile, also, with no different DD ability from that the car is now. so im thinking, at the moment, keepin stock compression with CP pistons, keeping RB's, and just upgrading heads, rods ect. for strength. RB's good for about 25-26psi, currently runnign@ 20, so a simple streesleeper n54, with 600+ rwhp is enough.

but with current developments happenig so much more often, who knows. this is just the current plan/theory

plus, since im 6At, who knows what the tranny can actually handle, and i dont want to be the first to find out, and then find out ive go too much power for it and dump another 10k into that

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wiat, did i just read this right steve?
    You are going to put your built motor in danger to proove a point? You do realize that you can a motor capable of 1500whp, if you knock, it will blow sky high just like a stock motor. Seem kind of foolish to put a built motor in danger to proove a point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    tough way at looking at humanity.

someone has to educate the masses, not everyone can be wrong. Someone has to be the teacher.

^ not saying that I am.
    Good that you are not with the "educators".
    This DefactoM6 guy is one of them though. His post has no technical information whatsoever. The only thing he really says is that one should listen to the other "educators"... He has just finished reading his Corky Bell that i read almost 20 years ago, and now he has been told by the other educators that Corky knew already back then how to tune MSD80 or MSD81... this DefactoM6 guy knows nothing himself.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    Wiat, did i just read this right steve?
    You are going to put your built motor in danger to proove a point? You do realize that you can a motor capable of 1500whp, if you knock, it will blow sky high just like a stock motor. Seem kind of foolish to put a built motor in danger to proove a point.
    no, only bms and cpe will touch the built motor, im saying im ok with sacrificing the stock one to show what can happen if enough octane isnt used, regardless of tune

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast