Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    In some counties the labor is 6x the cost of the piston, in other countries it's 1/6th the cost. So it will depend on the region. In the USA I'd suggest throwing in 6 forged pistons if taking it apart.
    Agreed.

OK here’s a question for you: Stock bottom end, but forged pistons. Would that make any sense to you? Let’s say we were shooting for high 500-low 600 wheel for a long-term, reliable build. Would it be worth the labor cost, assuming the motor is otherwise left stock? Curious if swapping the rods would make sense at those power levels, the stock ones are pretty damn beefy and don’t seem to buckle at the power levels we can hit. Pistons certainly seem to be the relative weak point, the crankshaft isn’t going anywhere. Thoughts?
    E88 N54 w stuff
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    Agreed.

OK here’s a question for you: Stock bottom end, but forged pistons. Would that make any sense to you? Let’s say we were shooting for high 500-low 600 wheel for a long-term, reliable build. Would it be worth the labor cost, assuming the motor is otherwise left stock? Curious if swapping the rods would make sense at those power levels, the stock ones are pretty damn beefy and don’t seem to buckle at the power levels we can hit. Pistons certainly seem to be the relative weak point, the crankshaft isn’t going anywhere. Thoughts?
    If opening the engine. I would just do all regular items. Forged rods and pistons, as well as new rod bearings.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    If opening the engine. I would just do all regular items. Forged rods and pistons, as well as new rod bearings.
    +1. If engine is opened, do it all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    Agreed.

That is all I'd do. Most companies prefer to do rods and pistons. But IMHO the pistons are all you need.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    this cyl has got to be bored to even work, and i believe all 6 have to be bored. cant just do 1. I can attempt getting a used piston on ebay and getting rings for it and hone the crap out of it. but i don't feel like pulling the motor out twice lol . the walls are gouged... he has his eye on a couple vettes. guess im going to start modding those lol Click here to enlarge but yeah cheapest way possible to fix the car
    Click here to enlarge
    Instagram: Sammy0559
    VTX3's Click here to enlarge
    Got one more tow with AAA lets make it count Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Looking at the picture of that piston I don't think even forged would have survived that much detonation.. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sammy_0559 Click here to enlarge
    but yeah cheapest way possible to fix the car
    Just get a Vette or Asian car. Much, much cheaper hp.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You should always have the block bored to match the pistons, and the crank machined to match the rods/bearings. Is it necessary? No, probably not. But it's the right way to do a rebuild, if you intend the rebuild to last more than 20k miles at least. Most machine shops wont charge all that much to machine and balance a rotating assembly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    Most machine shops wont charge all that much to machine and balance a rotating assembly.
    Usually comes in the package of labor when building a motor. That thing looks like it's going to need a whole new sleeve LOL. Boring that out will make the walls super super thin.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Ended up rebuilding the engine. Hopefully will get it started tomorrow after i get everything buttoned up.

engine in.

Click here to enlarge

Piston got pinched lol

Click here to enlarge

and this one because i happened to have my BB shirt on lol
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    REPPED FOR BB SHIRT!!

That's awesome.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I've never seen 1 human power before.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blisstik Click here to enlarge
    I've never seen 1 human power before.
    LOL. Never dated a college girl? Talk about human power! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BigM62 Click here to enlarge
    LOL. Never dated a college girl? Talk about human power! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by I6+TT=FTW Click here to enlarge
    Um I'm no genius by any means, but why has no one said the most likely cause to very well maintained cars, the wedge flash?
    2 cars mentioned here (OP's customer and boostaholic786 "MAJOR issues) that either blew their motors or started having major issues seemed to be running the wedge flash with a $#@! ton of advance...
    just sayin'... and I very well could be wrong, just looking at what was said.
    I agree. But before you and everyone else jumps to conclusions, the two cars that failed were already having misfire issues prior to installing my flash. The car in Florida actually failed while running the BMS flash not mine. Kid was having issues at the track and flashed back to BMS thinking that would fix his issues. He just kept pushing the car as it was running out of fuel... Lean misfires...

As much as I advise people that you need to run a certain % of ethanol or have specific mods to run an aggressive flash, you always have the ones who are in denial and don't want to listen. It can't be an issue with their car, it must be the flash. LOL

I just want to know why you would go from a BMS flash that caused misfire to my flash. Changing tunes is not the same as putting a new set of plugs in your car and making sure your fuel pumps and trims can support the power you're making... Then again, you have people like boostaholic786 who mislead you with regard to the mods they running. He sent messages about how good his car runs only to find out he didn't even flash his car. He even told me he went to a dyno event and pulled 560 whp... No logs, no dyno sheets... LOL I'm also not sure where boostaholic786 came up with 16.5 deg. The only map I sent him had 15.5 from 5k and was basically running the same timing the Vishnu E40 maps run. Considering the lack of mods he had his car would never hit that kind of timing. I wish he would have sent me some logs...

So all in all, I've sent over 1000 flashes out to people all over the world. I have two people who claim that my flash caused their engine failures, both of which had major hardware issues prior to flashing. I don't know about you, but like you said you're no genius, but I bet you can figure this one out. LOL Ron White said it best, you can't fix stupid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    So all in all, I've sent over 1000 flashes out to people all over the world.
    Interesting...

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    ARGH MY EYES
    What is a paragraph, daddy?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Are you allergic to paragraphs?
    He is definitely allergic to coherent prose. Didn't even bother reading. Life is too short for me now.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234