Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 32 of 32
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,096
    Rep Points
    31,291.3
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Man W T F did they guy put so much fluff in that vid. Just edit to show the run. I almost feel like doing it myself because there is so much damn time wasted.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    640
    Rep Points
    720.7
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't know why it does so much better in that video. I can't quite explain it. I do know I have a new article for tomorrow though. Did not see that video yet.
    I tried adding the video with a 8 min+ mark cuz its so damn long, didnt link it well...

    Yea, either the E63 has more power then its stating or the M5 doesnt have as much as he is stating. Or the M6 swapped a DCT real in quick. But the shifts look alot faster on the M6, not much as a dramatic loss as i was saying previously.
    ///M5 LCI
    "It's like the F10 is the 911 Turbo to the E60's GT3" -Pistonheads (M5 feature)

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,096
    Rep Points
    31,291.3
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5soko Click here to enlarge
    Yea, either the E63 has more power then its stating or the M5 doesnt have as much as he is stating.
    It doesn't have to be one or the other. The M5 is likely not making quite as much as it is claiming but there is no reason to doubt the E63 based on its results. It's quite possible the M6 had a slipping clutch or some other issue.

    If my phone wasn't bricked I'd ask Gintani about it so we could find out what's up. Maybe they'll log in today @Sales@Gintani.com
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,096
    Rep Points
    31,291.3
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Well they logged in and read this but didn't comment... hmm.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,322
    Rep Points
    1,955.5
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    The V10 SMG has the worst 3rd and 4th gears. They just not stacked close enough in terms of rpm drop vs it's 4th to 5th and 5th to 6th which are killer gears. So either the power made lower in the rev range is low when you thinking of max power since the power curve is so peaky or the car is being revved past the stock limiter which makes the SMG shift much slower unless Gintani has that figured out.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,114
    Rep Points
    960.5
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It doesn't have to be one or the other. The M5 is likely not making quite as much as it is claiming but there is no reason to doubt the E63 based on its results. It's quite possible the M6 had a slipping clutch or some other issue.

    If my phone wasn't bricked I'd ask Gintani about it so we could find out what's up. Maybe they'll log in today @Sales@Gintani.com
    The same E63 pulled on that m5 even after he started atleast a car length ahead and took the hit.

    You can still see the SMG lose ground between shifts which is expected against the DCT. My guess is the m6 vs E63 looked even while accelerating in gear so when it shifted it lost ground and was noticeable since they were even before the shift

    Against the m5 you can see the gintani m6 is faster right off the bat before they change gears so when it does shift while losing ground it still wasnt enough for the m5 to make the difference because the m6 was considerably faster in gear.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,096
    Rep Points
    31,291.3
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    The same E63 pulled on that m5 even after he started atleast a car length ahead and took the hit.
    Yes the E63 ran strong. But the M6 ran weaker against the E63 than it did against the F1 M5 if we compare in that manner. Regardless, it SHOULD pull as it has more top end strength so clearly the car needs some work in the trans area to maximize its potential. As we saw a less powerful M3 pull the E63 relatively quickly and easily that should tell you all you need to know about that.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    You can still see the SMG lose ground between shifts which is expected against the DCT. My guess is the m6 vs E63 looked even while accelerating in gear so when it shifted it lost ground and was noticeable since they were even before the shift
    I think this is an accurate assessment.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    Against the m5 you can see the gintani m6 is faster right off the bat before they change gears so when it does shift while losing ground it still wasnt enough for the m5 to make the difference because the m6 was considerably faster in gear.
    The M6 is faster than both in gear. It's damn fast it's just a shame the SMG-III seems to be a liability instead of an asset. There may be torque limiting issues they are running into. I really wish they would just tell us so we don't have to guess.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •